You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: Friendly Ghosts in my Home

Real Ghost Stories

Friendly Ghosts in my Home

 

I moved into this house not long after my husband died. It was formerly inhabited by a very negative woman who was also very promiscuous in allowing her boyfriends to move into this home along with her 4 children, her sister, her sisters husband and their 4 children, another "guest" who wasn't related and her own husband. That makes 15 people living in a 3 bedroom house. Yes, this tells you a little something about her. Her now ex husband is my new husband. She is no longer living in this house and her brood left with her.

Now the story begins with a woman, Laverne, who died in this house several years ago. She was my husbands first wife's mother. My first experience with her was something interesting, she would move things into their rightful places if I had left them amiss in a room or she would sometimes open doors that could not have been opened by a stray wind. I've always been open minded to such things having grown up with the ghost of a young girl in my childhood home but that is another story. Back to Laverne, she comes to my dreams on occasion and talks to me. If I'm sick, I sometimes feel her stroking my hair when I'm resting or nearly asleep. I've never felt anything negative from her nor has she ever threatened to become so.

Now the issue with this story is, the death of my husband. He was killed in an explosion at work in Columbus, Missouri. We were separated at the time of the accident but since that time I've felt so guilty because I keep thinking if I hadn't asked him to leave, maybe he wouldn't have died. Since that time, I feel as if he's come back to where I am. I can feel someone watching me and it's not Laverene, I know what she feels like and her noises, she has a very distinctive scent as well... Like rain in the morning... Very nice.

Sometimes it smells like something is burning when I walk into a room but nothing ever is. I can feel someone standing near the door to my bedroom at night when everything is dark and the smell of smoke always comes with it. I can't sleep at night since moving into this house, maybe 1 or 2 hours then I'm wide awake though I can sleep fine during the day. This is very unusual for me because I've never been able to sleep during the day because of the light shining through he windows.

My question is... Could this be coming from my own guilt feelings causing this or could he actually be watching over me? He doesn't feel harmful in any way but it just makes me think and worry for him.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Illinois

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Christi, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Naira (19 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-12-12)
I agree. I had a similar experience when my father died. I hope to post it soon... Though I will probably cry all the way through writing it.
Have you followed Shane's advice?
My love be with you. ❤
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-09-18)
The mind is a powerful thing Christi. It can lead some to believe things that really haven't happened as well as allow another to view or hear things others can not. I do believe that it could very well be your husband watching over you and he could possibly be held here by the guilt you are feeling. In his own way I think he is trying to tell you not to blame yourself as you would not have been able to stop the events from unfolding as they had, even if you had still been together. Once you are able to release that burden from your mind I am sure the experiences you have been having will also follow.

Peace, Love, and Luck be with you.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: