You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Goat And Grandpa

Real Ghost Stories

The Goat And Grandpa

 

I am new here. This is my first story, It is not my personal experience, it happened to my maternal grandpa in 1980's when my mom was a child.

Coming to my story, first I want to narrate about my maternal grandpa's locality. It is a very small area of Amritsar district in Punjab. Our locality is near a river bank and there is a huge and famous temple of Pir Baba (Muslim god), a few miles away from the entry gate of our locality which is worshiped by people of all religions. It is compulsory for all passersby to just pray once there before entering the locality road (especially during night time).

Now, once my maternal grandpa was out of station and he was to return late at night. He was in hurry as it was already midnight. He was on his bicycle, I want to mention that during those days people were not very rich. A common vehicle for travelling was bicycle, so my grandpa was travelling on his old bicycle. He was in hurry as my grandma and children were alone at home. In that hurry he forgot to notice that temple and crossed before praying there.

Suddenly, as he moved few meters away, he saw a big white goat sitting on the mid of the road. He gave bell but it didn't move so he crossed it, but again he saw the same goat moving just before him. He got scared and gave it bell but it was moving just before him then he sped his bicycle and took a relief. He saw back and got horrified to see that the goat changed into cow and it started running after him. He, with a sake of his life, sped up his cycle as fast as he could, but suddenly he saw the same cow just before him. It was watching him angrily. He became totally blank with fear and stopped his bicycle. He noticed that the cow changed into a horribly looking ugly woman.

He got terrified and closed his eyes and started thinking, "Why is it happening to me?" Then he remembered that he forgot to pray at the Pir Baba's temple. As he remembered that he opened his eye and saw the woman changed into white light. That white light moved towards the temple. My grandpa also followed it and reached to the temple prayed to the Pir Baba and apologised for his mistake. Now he again to took his bicycle and moved towards his home but this time he reached home safely.

On next morning my grandpa told about his experience to everybody in the locality. From that day until today no one forgets to visit and pray in that temple. Sorry if the story was very long.

Other hauntings by Aaru275

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from India

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Aaru275, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Dip1904 (115 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2014-11-16)
ghostly cows and goats... This is actually a good plot now to come to think of it. Cow changing to ugly woman is kind of an exaggeration but other than that I like the concept of paranormal goat and cow... Quite an environmental friendly place the village is.
Aaru275 (4 stories) (55 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-09-03)
Thanks sheetal:-) and yeah I have read your stories too. They are fantastic
sheetal (6 stories) (771 posts)
+2
10 years ago (2014-08-07)
Hi Aaru... One of my sir has also told me the similar story where they were in the car and saw the creatures who constantly changing his appearance... Thanks for sharing... ❤
Aaru275 (4 stories) (55 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-08-07)
Thanks:-) Denice_engti! And yeah when my grandpa read this story he appreciated all the comments
Denice_engti (5 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-07-10)
Good story. I don't know what your grandfather saw that night but he got home safely. Thats all it matters
Aaru275 (4 stories) (55 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-02-17)
Thanks everybody for commenting on my story. If I wrote anything wrong about any religious thought then I am sorry. But believe me it was a real paranormal experience suffered by my grandpa. Ok tell me how can a cow turn into an ugly looking woman?
Triskaideka (2 stories) (388 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-02-10)
I'm not sure whether this was just a regular or paranormal case, but I find all this information so fascinating! Thank you for the explanation, Azrael. I'm learning so many new things on this site! 😊
lady-glow (16 stories) (3154 posts)
+2
10 years ago (2014-02-10)
Aaru275: welcome to YGS and thanks for sharing your grandfather's experience with us.
One of the reasons I like this site is because it opens a "window" to the beliefs of people of different backgrounds and culture.
After reading your story I couldn't say for sure if it's a paranormal experience or not, and I think AzraelX's comment has a point, it is possible that what your grandfather saw were different animals; but whichever the case I'm glad he didn't get hurt! 😊
AzraelX (8 stories) (115 posts)
+5
10 years ago (2014-02-10)
My only comment is to correct Aaru275's misconception that the Pir baba was a "Muslim God"

Peer Babas are not gods, but Muslim saints mainly of the Sufi Sect.

Your grandfather might have actually seen many white goats and may be a real cow.
When he saw a white goat on the road first, and then cycling forward, seeing another white goat on the road, his mind would be in a confused state and thought that this was a the same goat and the goat was a "paranormal " goat.
As he cycled forwards, the second white goat could have moved away from the road and white cow could have strayed on to the road.

As you know, cows and bulls could charge at a person for no reasons, perhaps it was angry or disturbed.

When all this happened, his mind caught a guilt (that he, who used to pray at the peer baba's dargah every day, intentionally did not pray at the dargah) and human mind, which can dream up anything, could have visualized a light forming and moving to the dargah.

For those who don't know what a Dargah is - A dargah is a Sufi Islamic shrine built over the grave of a revered religious figure, often a Sufi saint or dervish. Local Muslims may visit a shrine as a form of pilgrimage known as ziyarat. In India, people of all faiths visit such tombs.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: