You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Strange Things Happening To My Bedroom Door

Real Ghost Stories

Strange Things Happening To My Bedroom Door

 

This probably won't count as a ghost story, since it is merely a strange experience that I need some answers to. This has happened twice now, both on weekend mornings, around 9 or 10 am.

My family has just taken a rescue dog into our home, and since he is new to our rules, he will sometimes sneak up the stairs when the stair gate is left open and sleep on the landing or, on more than one occasion, nose my door open and go into my room. To get into my room you don't need to turn the door handle because the door doesn't click when it shuts, so it is possible for George (my dog) to push it open. I always sleep with my door closed because I like to know when someone has opened the door, and it always makes a TWANG sound when it is opened and it creaks, so it is an extremely noisy door.

On this particular Sunday, I had woken up pretty late and was lying on my bed reading (I had been doing so for about half an hour) when the door opened. I said, "Yes?", thinking it would be a member of my family, but no one answered. I said yes a couple more times, then concluded George must have sneaked upstairs, so I got out of bed and walked to the door. I expected to see his face poking through the gap, looking at me hopefully, but he wasn't there. I thought he might have heard me get up, and rushed up the other flight of stairs to hide, so I called out loudly, "George!" but he didn't come running down. I was about to go up and search my parents' room when I heard him rush into the hallway from the lounge. He stood at the bottom of the lower flight of stairs, wagging his tail. I didn't go down and greet him because I wanted to read some more, so I want back into my room, shut the door, and got back into bed. Less than five seconds later, the door opened again, and then I thought, "Oh, maybe the front door is open, and the wind is pressing on the door, making it stay open." When this crossed my mind, I didn't bother to close the door, because I thought it would just open again.

Later, we were having dinner, and I asked my mum if the front had been opened at all before lunch. She replied that the first time it had been opened was after lunch, when my dad had taken one of my sisters to a party. That freaked me out a bit.

The next morning I'd completely forgotten about the strange experience, and I only remembered it when, about three weeks later, again on a Sunday, a similar thing happened.

Again, I'd woken late, and I had literally been awake maybe five minutes when the door opened, and I went through the same routine as before, calling out, then getting up to tell off the dog. When I realised he was downstairs, I remembered what had happened before and I was seriously spooked, because I couldn't come up with an explanation. I shut the door, and stared at it for maybe thirty seconds, before I decided it wasn't going to open again. I was getting back into bed when it opened very suddenly, scaring me out of my wits. I shut it again, and again it sprang open, almost straight away this time. I was practically pissing myself now, I was so scared, but the next is so freaky.

I went forward to close the door again, but this time I could feel something pressing back against me. It wasn't pushing hard, and I could still push it closed, but it opened again immediately, like someone was just nudging it from the other side. This happened a few times, before I sat on my bed and watched the door for a while. I don't know how long I waited, but eventually, I got up, opened the door, and went downstairs.

This happened almost a month ago, and it hasn't happened since. I just wondered if anyone has any info about what happened, or if they've had similar experiences. I'd really appreciate it if you comment below. Thanks for taking the time to read my story, and I hope some of you have some answers.

Other hauntings by bob_the_awesome

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, bob_the_awesome, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

iAbbi (3 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-08-18)
Do a prayer or rituals each day! Hoping this helps!:)) )
😁
~Abby ❤
bob_the_awesome (2 stories) (2 posts)
+2
10 years ago (2014-02-13)
I just read all these comments and thanks so much to everyone who commented. I will definitely see if any other open windows or doors make mine open, and no, alb15, the only family member I lost recently lives a long way away. Thank you Casper_the_ghost and Miracles51031, I will test this theory. Ghstwrld, I will try to tell whatever it is to stop if it happens again, which it hasn't so far. Griff84, no, I haven't heard any strange noises at all, but if happens again, I will listen out for some. Thank you RavenAngelvX, I will keep posted, and thank you all so much for taking time to read my story, it really helps!
RavenAngelvX (2 stories) (6 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-02-12)
Something I forgot to mention in my story about my mom's current apartment is somewhat relatable to this, except in reverse. When I tried to open my bedroom door to go in, it was as if there was someone pushing it in the opposite direction towards me. I decided it was the air conditioning or the heat (whichever was on at the time) but since it hasn't happened to you since, it very well may have been a spirit. Seems pretty harmless though. Maybe it just wanted attention. Good luck and keep us posted if it happens again.:)
Griff84 (5 stories) (289 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-02-11)
I have similar happen to me in our house, apart from the resistance when shutting the door. But one of our windows doesn't seal properly when closed, and although it does not create a huge draft, it is enough to push my un clicked door open a little. Also, if the wind is up, it creates a whistle / howl noise, have you ever heard anything? I fix this by putting a sock or small towel against the offending window, seems to do the trick.

Thanks for you're post though 😁
ghstwrld (1 stories) (22 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-02-11)
A similar thing used to happen to me, well it was more someone tapping on my door. It used to scare me so bad until one day I got really annoyed and shouted "stop it" and it never happened again after that. Try asking whatever it is to stop, you never know it might work.
AzraelX (8 stories) (115 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-02-11)
One cause might be Drafts. Another could be difference in pressure in different rooms.

If the air in one room is at a higher pressure than the air in the other room, closing a door would mean moving against the pressure.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+1
10 years ago (2014-02-10)
bob_the_awesome - Casper_the_ghost is right. Drafts can also come from a door opening inside the house. One door opening and closing can sometimes cause another door to move. Especially when that door doesn't properly close.

If I were you, I'd conduct some experiments. Just to see what you can find out.
Casper_the_ghost (9 stories) (180 posts)
+2
10 years ago (2014-02-10)
Were any windows open at all? Drafts can come from any opening inside a house, not just the front door.
fakin2 (2 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-02-10)
I have never had something like that happen to me before but, I have had some experience in stuff that's creepy, like seeing a black shaggy cat around.
alb15 (12 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-02-10)
Well first of all, have you recently lost any family members? If so maybe its them checking on you just to see if your okay, Keep us informed if anything else has happened, I may have experianced a lot with the paranormal however this has not happened to me yet.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: