You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: The Attic

Real Ghost Stories

The Attic

 

I have a lot of Ghosts stories. But I'm not going to tell them all at once. This one happened when I was about 14. I had just recently moved back to Iceland after living in New Zealand for a few years. My mother (who had been living with a guy in his apartment for about a year) lived a apartment with was on top a a two story house.

It was a small apartment with about 3 rooms. One was were my mother and her boyfriend slept, another one for my two younger brothers and one for her boyfriends older son. I was meant to sleep in the attic. It was small, I couldn't stand up straight in some places, but in a way it looked cozy. But it wasn't. I guess most of you are familiar with going into a house and getting the feeling that you shouldn't be in there, or getting the feeling that there's something bad in there.

Well it was like that in the house, except it was worse in the attic. I don't know the history of the house, so I can't really explain it. I always had the feeling that there was a bad spirit where I slept. Who never really did anything except scare me. I'd wake up and see something black. It was like the ghost that I had been seeing since I was 7, and still do now every once in a while. I've been told that there is a evil spirit following me.

In the end, the fear made me move into the bedroom with my two younger brothers. Sometimes at night I'd hear people talking. Once Jóí (My mum's boyfriends son) came home late and I asked him to turn the t.v off (It was coming from the living room and sounded like it was on the t.v) He said he didn't hear anything.

We left there after a few months. My mother told me that there was nothing in the house that was harmful, I might've been the only one who felt it. Like I have been doing my whole life (I'll post more about this spirit later on if anyone is interested).

I never went back there, but that place always gives me the chills when I see it.

Other hauntings by Patch

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Patch, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Sonya (9 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-08-16)
You should not be scared of Icelandic ghost's. Most of them are harmless and some of them are not. I am from Iceland and my grandfather died because a ghost killed him. I am sorry if I scared you. But you should not worry though.
Athena (9 stories) (222 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-09-28)
Hi Patch, I hope to read more of your stories in the future! You said it sounded like a TV was on, but why? Was it a conversation, static or singing that you heard? ❤
PrincessKatie (7 stories) (420 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-09-26)
Thanks for sharing your story. I have seen ghosts. I see through things in the dark. I have heard voices of a girl and noises coming from the bedrooms I know its strange. My stories are on psychic experience I'm called Katie on there. You should read my stories. 😊

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: