You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Old Hags / Night Attacks / Sleep Paralysis :: A Demonic Encounter?

Real Ghost Stories

A Demonic Encounter?

 

I'm a 23 year old Christian male, and I have experienced paranormal experiences in the past ever since I moved in a certain Villa in Dubai around 2002.

These experiences (4 total) did not frighten me. I got used to them as they occurred over time. I was sure I was not hallucinating as on one occasion, after sharing it with two of my family members, it was apparent that they had also experienced the same thing on the same night. (I am not going to talk about this as it doesn't concern me, and it never happened again ever since.)

I like to believe that none of these outwordly entities were able to harm me or my family members because of our strong Christian faith. I even reached a stage where I would casually tell guests sleeping over that our house was haunted and enjoyed seeing them get scared for a few chuckles. However, what happened a few hours ago chilled me to the bones. I have been up searching the internet for some information, which scared me even more, and I am here writing this hoping to find some answers.

I live in a compound of villas, where my backyard is separated by ~250 cm long walls from my neighbors' backyards. My room is on the second floor, and the back side of my bed is laid on the wall with a window above it, and one is able to see the backyard through that window.

Cats usually walk along these walls (in my backyard) and cry at night. It had been nothing more than an annoyance all these times they did so.

I went to sleep at around 3:30 AM, where my fiancée was already sleeping. At one point, I woke up because my fiancée had gone to the toilet and returned. Upon her return, she hugged me with her right arm as I slept laying on the left side of my body, facing away from her.

Shortly thereafter, I felt her inserting her finger in my ear, and I smiled, thinking that she might have wanted to have sex with me. I then asked her, "Why did you put your finger in my ear?" while still facing away from her. She did not reply. I asked her the same question again, and she did not reply. I then called her name twice, she also did not reply. I tried to turn around to look at her, which was the moment I realized that I was paralyzed.

I repeated my question once more, "Jane, why did you put your finger in my ear?" I then heard a chuckle, as if somebody had been trying hard not to laugh at me.

Immediately, the cries of a certain cat began, right outside my window, and I could tell that it was standing on the walls of my backyard because the sound was very nearby. After each cry the cat cried, it paused, and it was followed by what may have sounded like a mix between heavy breathing and something being dragged on the floor, coming from right outside my window, but not from my backyard which was one level below.

The weird sound would then pause, the cat would cry again, pause, and the weird sound would occur again. This happened subsequently, and I tried to make out what the sound could be during that brief moment.

Fear started to strike me when I realized that the arm my fiancée was hugging me with did not move this whole time, and she could not have possibly inserted her finger in my ear using her other arm as it was on the other side of the bed. I would have at least felt her other arm uncomfortably stick against my back.

I tried to move again. It was very difficult since I was paralyzed, and every time I paused for a brief moment, I felt the conscious part of my mind fade away, as if I was slowly falling asleep.

I tried to kick and turn left or right and I couldn't. I started multiplying numbers in my head as that was my method of waking up from a bad dream, except that I was able to multiply them and would not wake up, since I wasn't asleep. I even remember the numbers I multiplied. I used difficult numbers.

At that point I had managed to move my arm a little bit, though it felt very weak and slow, I moved it towards my eye (which took about 15 seconds to accomplish) and tried to open my eye forcefully, which I did.

At that moment, I slowly regained full control of my body, and turned towards my fiancée, who was still hugging me exactly the way I expected her to be; however, she was deep asleep. I looked at the clock, and it was exactly 5 AM, not a minute more or less. I asked her why she put her finger in my ear, she woke up and she said she didn't. I asked whether she went to the toilet during the night, and she said she didn't. At that moment I was so scared I started praying, and I am a 23 year old mature man.

I made some online research and ended up with something called "Qarinah" which raised a few hairs as it described a lot of what I experienced. I am praying that this is not the case.

What do you guys think? Please help me out.

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, lebber, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Clever-Arafat (2 posts)
 
11 months ago (2023-06-01)
It's a sleep paralysis, I can confirm as it happened to me too!
caffenite (4 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-03-14)
If that sort of situation happened to locals or Muslims in the U.A.E then we certainly know the house is possessed by a ghost (In Arabic term: Djinn) Now I think this Ghost is trying to just get your attention. If it wanted to hurt you; it would hurt you in ways you wouldn't imagine. To avoid future disturbances or being in an unstable state; get your bags packed and just leave.
jabman05 (3 posts)
-1
10 years ago (2014-07-10)
Well to all the people that say this was sleep paralysis maybe but I doubt it. First of all I don't know if you are aware 3 to 4 am is the witching hour demonic entities often attack at around 333am as it is also mocking the Holy trinity by doing this, further more when in presence of a negative spirit most animals will react by crying out or trying to attack the spirit.
You also said you felt yourself paralysed then felt your mind slipping away this sounds as though the spirit tried to invade your body and take your mind to possess you. Further more I believe this was a demon because when demons first show up they act almost friendly and not aggressive almost actually like a pet and it sounds like at first you treat the spirit almost like a pet I do believe both the friendly spirit and the one that attacked is the same thing that's been tricking you!
Rhirhi (2 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-04-28)
This is a great story it reminds me of a couple of my own...

I would be scared if I was you to.
jaxzen (2 posts)
-3
10 years ago (2014-02-23)
this spirit is an Egyptian sex spirit and usually takes the form of cats and dogs. Try doing some Egyptian spell thing.
WishfulNull (151 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-02-17)
This experience would be enough to scare anyone, young, old, male or female - yikes! It does sound like sleep paralysis to me (a frightening one, nevertheless!) however because of your previous experiences in the house (which, I would love to hear about if you're willing to share?) it's understandable that you are concerned. You could try having your house blessed or do a cleansing, to give yourself peace of mind, however if the other 4 experiences you had were all fairly non-threatening, I would maybe just chalk this one up as being a scary sleep paralysis episode. Best wishes for continued restful nights,
pt (guest)
 
10 years ago (2014-02-14)
It must be the spirit of some small ghost, so the spirit is naughty. 😕
mamachong (11 stories) (228 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-02-12)
Just because you are 23 does not mean that you don't get scared. I think it's a normal reaction to the situation. Everyone reacts differently.
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
+1
10 years ago (2014-02-12)
ilana: Please read the Terms of Use by clicking the link at the bottom of the page. In short, you MUST be 13 to join the site. Thank you.
ilana (2 posts)
+2
10 years ago (2014-02-12)
wow amazing I believe in the lord with allmy heart ❤ ❤ have a safe life
inan0511 (11 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-02-12)
All you can do is to pray and have a great relationship with God... They are just a low ranked demon, they are afraid of our Lord Jesus Christ
ilana (2 posts)
-3
10 years ago (2014-02-12)
Wow amazing story ❤ I love it, its really intresting I'm a 6th grader really into ghost stories 😲 keep telling them please
blondi (2 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-02-12)
I've had episodes of sleep paralysis when I was younger that are similar to your experience. Normally it was the feeling of someone's hands holding me down while being paralyzed. During the sleep paralysis I would try to talk or cry out and couldn't. I could also hear everything going on around me like how you could hear the cat.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+2
10 years ago (2014-02-12)
lebber - my first thought was the same as ghstwrld's - sleep paralysis. Not sure about the finger in the ear, though 😕 but since I've never experienced sleep paralysis, I can't rule something like that out.
ghstwrld (1 stories) (22 posts)
+4
10 years ago (2014-02-12)
I googled Qarinah and found out it's also another name for a Succubus, this really does not seem to fit with them. It sounds more like sleep paralysis to me, I don't understand why but with sleep paralysis comes hallucinations and feelings of things happening that never actually happened.

I'm not saying this didn't happen, as it may have, I'm just merely stating that it could be sleep paralysis.

Has anything happened since?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: