You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Ouija Board / Seances :: Craigslist Your Ouija Board

Real Ghost Stories

Craigslist Your Ouija Board

 

I'm always on the local Craigslist site looking for a bargain, something odd or unique or something that I can use for my art and found an interesting post in the FREE STUFF category a few months ago.

A person was offering his Ouija board for free. He wanted it gone immediately! The post stated that since buying it (and apparently using it), that bad things were happening in his home and their child now had an invisible 'friend' that they couldn't get rid of!

My thoughts were, "Why give your ills to some one else?" If you know it comes with bad spirits, why wish that on someone else? Maybe he was afraid of what the bad spirits would do if their board was placed in the fire, who knows.

But then I remembered as a young kid, we did the very same thing... Begged someone to take ours away. The spirit we were speaking to was named Linus. I really didn't think that was a real name outside of the Peanuts cartoon. He was friendly at first, yet insistent that he didn't want to speak with me. So we figured we'd just force it to. My sister's hands hadn't touched the pointer yet and when my fingers were about an inch away, the pointer moved away from me.

It refused to move after that, so my sister's friend got back on it and Linus was angry. He told us to cover our eyes in five minutes. Nothing exploded after the five minutes nor did we see anything, but our phone rang. We answered only to hear scribbling noises on the other end and what sounded like someone trying to whisper something. So that was enough for us. I forget who took it, but I hope they had a better time with it than we did.

And yes, the pointer WILL move and spell words, it's not just a game or a hoax. Spiritual communication DOES occur on a Ouija board (unless you have a bonehead friend who insists on spelling his own made-up garbage).

So if you're searching around and find a Ouija board for sell or free, don't be foolish enough to take ownership of it unless you're prepared to deal with the bad that can come from it.

BAD Linus, BAD!

The post has since been removed. Should be interesting to see if it pops back up in a free post again by the new owner in a few weeks!

Other hauntings by Walks_on_Clouds

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Walks_on_Clouds, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

ifihadyoux (6 stories) (607 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-11-26)
[at] seek: it's spelled as ouija board... It's even in the title man. I don't even know where you got weedja from.
Seek (1 stories) (15 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-11-26)
I bought a weedja board from a thrift store, it has a leaf for a pointer ect. I won't use it I know better. Had a strange experience with one as a kid. But its a funny add to my collection. Thanks for sharing your story with us.
M1cr0b1al (3 stories) (38 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-05-03)
If I had seen that sale, I would have taken it. Those things fascinate me.

I guess I would fall under one of those 'circles' Valkricry was speaking of.
Triskaideka (2 stories) (388 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-02-18)
Oh, to continue the below comment, because it just now occurred to me, my friend said that an older woman had given the deck to her. She then said that she shouldn't have made the mistake of accepting the gift, because receiving a used Tarot deck is supposed to bring trouble. She insisted you're supposed to buy them brand new.

At the time, I thought that was an odd tradition. I was taught that you're never supposed to buy Tarot cards, but that you're supposed to receive them from someone who has used them and sort of blessed them in their use. I got my deck from my best friend, who got them from her mom, who got them just for fun (neither of them believe in magic). None of us ever had any problems.

So I always get confused when people talk about cursed objects, and bring up certain traditions. Seems to me that there are many different views on these matters, and it's really difficult to determine what is right, or if there even is one specific idea that is right.
Triskaideka (2 stories) (388 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-02-18)
I have a friend who, when we were teens, tore up all her tarot cards (in front of me) and threw them away in the school trash bin. About a week later, I was at her house, and found the deck under her bed.

When it happened, I suspected she was just playing a trick on me and I asked her about the deck under her bed. She turned pale and yelled "Oh no, not again!" She proceeded to rip them up and throw them away...

I think perhaps I should ask her about this. Because now I'm kind of wondering if she was playing a trick, or if something weird was going on. We were wiccans in the same coven for a time, but she turned to the dark arts so I wonder if perhaps she invited in something she should not have.

Personally, I've never had any problems with Ouija boards or Tarot cards... Ever. So sometimes I wonder if things happen to people because they WANT to believe things happen. Do they really happen? I don't know, I wasn't there. But my friend's reaction definitely makes me wonder.
bizzjoe (1 stories) (162 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-02-18)
where can I purchase such a fine board, with all its magic and wizardry?
Uvall_Knows_All (4 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-02-16)
I've seen people do the same thing with Dybbuk boxes. Those intrigue me though, I'd love to find one and figure out what evil it can hold, and how. But the guy getting rid of the board probably couldn't throw it away (happened to me once and it kept popping back in my house) and of course everyone knows you can't burn one because they keep the doorway open for more evil. Oh wells, guess it's not their problem anymore xD
missy-ryton (5 stories) (13 posts)
+2
10 years ago (2014-02-14)
Haunted or cursed items are often sold or given for free on these sights. Have a look on Ebay there's often debukk* boxes/chests, Ouija boards and various other pieces. Recently me and my husband were watching something on tv, don't remember what it was but they were talking about Ebay and mentioned a ring that had been put on, the seller had wrote in the description a load of negative things that happened since he gave it to his fiance and said the ring previously belonged to the devil "herself" lol.

After the description he said he wanted £100,000 for the ring and if no one bought it he'd throw it into a volcano. He said his reason for wanting so much money for it was because he wanted the buyer to be serious about it and the ring was later valued at around £900. I think he just made it up for more money.

My husband is always joking saying he is going to buy one of these cursed/haunted items, although I don't always believe what the seller say's I wouldn't risk having them in my home lol, I always tell him if he brought something in then him and it would be sleeping in the shed until it was gone lol.

If like this Ouija board something was given away for free I would think that something may be wrong with it as 9 times out of 10 people wouldn't just give something away, I believe they would want something in return. When it comes to it being sold I think they make it up see how many bids they get. There is quite a trade in these type of items, my husband is an antiques dealer and he finds that if their is a mystery of a curse or haunting with an item it's sold almost instantly. Ebay is the worst for it, a while ago I saw a small wooden box, very similar to one I own, they were made to keep tarot cards in but I use mine for jewelry these days, there very common, you could probably get one from a supermarket these days. A young boy stuck one on Ebay, said it had a demon in and got over £2000 for something you can get for £5 lol.

Take care 😊
Missy
MandyyNicole (7 stories) (183 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-02-14)
I get the impression the poster just simply wanted it gone (most likely for the sake of their child) and wasn't about to lie about WHY... They probably figured whatever bad came out of it would follow the board, getting it far away from the child. At least they gave a clear warning! My first thought was that by offering it out like that, maybe they were hoping someone who is well versed in these things would take it and properly dispose of it.
valkricry (49 stories) (3268 posts) mod
 
10 years ago (2014-02-14)
I think weirder is that the 'giver' for lack of a better term, would even mention that the Ouija board had brought bad things into his home, so he wanted gone. On the other hand, perhaps he wanted a 'draw', it seems like haunted items are sought after in some circles. 😕Or maybe it was his way of asking for help... Who knows?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: