You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Tall Dark Man

Real Ghost Stories

Tall Dark Man

 

It's a cold January night around 10:00 pm, just a normal laid back night. After watching a couple of episodes of Family Guy, me and my girlfriend climb in bed snuggle up and fall asleep. The bed room is dark except for one corner of the room next to the dresser where I have a night light plugged in.

Around 11:30 pm I wake up, I was hearing voices, and what sounded like chains. I wake my girl up and I tell her to listen. I'm still hearing it, but she says she doesn't hear anything... Once they finally stop, I fall back asleep.

It felt like I had just closed my eyes when I was woke up by my girl shaking me by my shoulders, she looked frightened. I noticed I was sitting at the edge of my bed, facing that corner where the night light is. She told me that I was laughing and talking in tongue and kept reaching out toward that corner but I couldn't remember anything, so I told her I was having a bad dream to calm her.

It's at least 1:00 am now I'm still awake, still lying there in bed. I hear the chains rattling again. I look toward the corner and there's a dark man, so tall his head was nearly touching the ceiling. He spoke "closer", so I moved to the edge of the bed. I noticed his face was pale black and had no features. He squats down and he speaks a message to me over and over. I start to move back and another figure appears on my girl's side of the bed. This one is floating and shapeshifting. It tells me to give the message to it. Before I could say anything, the tall figure very strictly told me not to give it away. They both vanish in the dark.

I want to know what this.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Mississippi

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Rebel13, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Triskaideka (2 stories) (388 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-02-18)
If this story is real, I think it would be in your best interest to tell these beings to LEAVE.
CrystalLeo (27 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-02-17)
I agree with WishfulNull. Although not the alarm part.

We do really need more detail.
Like when did all this start to happen?
What did the figure sound like?
Was it tall and scrawny or well built? Did it look human?
Are there any other disturbances in the house? Does it have a history of bad vibes?
What did the other figures look like? Smokey, solid or shadow?
What was the other one shifting into the whole time?
What did the tall one sound like? Deep and rough or normal? Woman or man?
Did you feel anything as they were close? Tention? Unhappiness? Anger? Curiosity?
What did the tall one say to you?

There are way too many points missing to know exactly what these things are. They could be disturbed spirits that are unhappy, demons starting out with their rapidly expanding disturbances, and many more.

So far I only know one thing for sure. THEY ARE NOT TO BE TRUSTED!
DANGER!

Pay them no mind. And please find a time to reply on this post. We need a lot more information. And the sooner the better.
Best Wishes
WishfulNull (151 posts)
+2
10 years ago (2014-02-17)
Perhaps you could elaborate on a few things here... Have you experienced anything like this before or do you have a history of sleep disturbances/disorders? What is the history of the home? Has anyone else in the household had strange experiences at any time? Was the man a shadow, or was it a solid form? Didn't you wake your girlfriend when you saw it? How did it go away after you saw it? There is too much missing from this story, and while I will reserve judgement until hearing back from the poster, there are items in this that do not strike me as genuine. The "speaking in tongues" and rattling chains? Perhaps i'm just a hardened skeptic, but without any further detail, it's a bit too cliche and it Sets off my bull$*^% alarm.
ignitingmemories (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-02-16)
that's very scary. I sometimes have the same stuff happen to me:) I am here to listen!
Uvall_Knows_All (4 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-02-16)
I am highly interested in this story mainly because I have had visitations of the same creature/man/being. He generally sits on the edge of my bed and stares at me laughing. It sounds like either Slender-man or The Rake if you are familiar with those folklore's. If you do remember what message he gave you, I would love to hear what it was and maybe look into what it means and what not. So...yeah! 😊 ❤
Griff84 (5 stories) (289 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-02-14)
What was the message? Do you remember?

Also, at the end, you say 'I want to know what this.' Could you elaborate on what you would like to know please? I assume it should end 'was' but I can't be sure 😕 thanks

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: