You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: A Man Spirit In My Room

Real Ghost Stories

A Man Spirit In My Room

 

I haven't always believed in ghosts. I believe in spirits though, which are like the same thing but I believe ghost are evil spirits.

So about 4 years ago, I was in my room at night. Suddenly a man came out of the dark shadow of my room. He looked like my dad but I can't really describe it. He was more pale and walked more gracefully. He was also blurry. I thought it was my dad at first so I called, "Dad! Dad!" He seemed to be totally oblivious I was there. I stopped calling because that was when I realized this man was not my dad. He stared into the mirror above my dresser and I am not sure, but looks like he took something from my dresser but I'm not sure of that. Than he went out my door disappearing into the darkness. I can swear on my life it definitely wasn't a dream.

Just last night, I heard my younger brother screaming for my mom. I was about to complain to him for waking me up until he screamed something about dad as a ghost in his room. That's when I had the memory of that man and my brother described him and it was like the same one I saw. My brother said that he walked in, stared at the wall and walked out totally oblivious to him like he was to me.

I am freaked out to death and now I'm scared to be alone at night. I'm absolutely terrified I will see that man again! I'm like shaking as I'm typing this. I don't care if you think this story is fake because I know it's not. And also there is a huge hallway outside my room and it's like I keep hearing footsteps down it, but when I look up it stops. Please help!

Other hauntings by Vicki34

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Delaware

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Vicki34, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Triskaideka (2 stories) (388 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-03-03)
[at] basilisk193 - Personally, I've come to the conclusion that there is only one timeline, as throughout my whole life, according to my perception, the "future" has already happened.

When I see what happened/happens/will happen, it's just like a memory. It's far different from a feeling or a dream or anything like that. Maybe I'm just crazy or maybe my mind is limited in certain perceptions, but so far, every future I have remembered has been spot on.

The weird feelings I get, and the dreams and such, those tend to come out with less predictable outcomes. So I suppose... Maybe, just maybe, there are *certain points* at which a timeline has multiple possibilities, and that's why the future is not clear?

Gosh, I'm about to break my brain, because this totally could go into determinism, free will, and alternate universes and all related ideas.

But I can at least say without a doubt that
*particular* futures are "set in stone", as it were. Who knows about everything else. 😉
basilisk193 (35 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-02-21)
That glitch theory of Azrael and Tris is really cool, I love it! Physically speaking, an object with zero mass (like souls?) can be accelerated to be faster than light in an instant, and can travel through time, but doesn't it mean there is a single timeline that can be calculated? If there are multiple timelines then which do we see? I have seen test questions and even situations in games, feel like god-level cheating:P I couldn't change what I have seen, but I'm well-prepared for anything right after that.
Shouldn't skip the possibility that black shade is actually a spirit, but doesn't seem harmful anw. In that case he is likely an earthbound spirit stuck in the estate and ignore them is the best way.
Vicki34 (3 stories) (3 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-02-21)
[at] marquisinator thank you.
[at] bizzjoe ok. I did.
[at] triskaideka wow. That is an amazing theory. Its awesome you could come up with that.
[at] crystalleo I have no idea about my house history. I never knew if he took anything or not. But thank you 😁
[at] AzraelX wow! That is amazing you could think of that!
[at] chewYIn ok. Thank you.
[at] badjuujuu yes. Your probably right about the footsteps. And thank you.
[at] missy-ryton thank you. And that is cool.
[at] Griff84 yes, he looked the same in the reflection but his eyes were white. My brother said all he did was stare at the wall but there was no interaction. Thank you
Marquisinator (13 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-02-20)
Well I wish you good luck to what is happening to you. What I would suggest is maybe doing a cleansing.
bizzjoe (1 stories) (162 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-02-20)
well... The first thing your going to have to do is hide any valuables...
Triskaideka (2 stories) (388 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-02-18)
I like Azrael's explanation, too. It sounds a lot like the theories my mother and I came up with in order to explain how the heck we got PRECISE precognitions (and in her case, other-directed retrocognition). We know full well these things have occurred, but never understood how they happened. We basically decided that sometimes the soul falls out of the body, and when it falls out, it's no longer bound by the limited physical perceptions of the body. Then once the soul pops back in, it brings part of what it perceived and the brain somehow etches that into the physical perception before the soul loses the ability to see "past" and "future". So really, seeing the future is like remembering the future, because it already happened. Uh. Anyway, I think you were probably seeing your father. Perhaps all of you, being related, have some sort of genetic trait which let's you slip through time and space a bit, causing you to see these anomalies. If it happens again, take note of what he's wearing. It may offer some clues, especially if you one day see him wearing that outfit, taking something from your dresser. 😊
BadJuuJuu (guest)
 
10 years ago (2014-02-18)
Azrael, I don't think your theories sound funny or silly. I love all your posts, you make me think. 😁
CrystalLeo (27 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-02-18)
AzraelX, not a bad theory.

And Vikki, trust us on this site when we say "You are not crazy." All of us also had our fare share of experiences. Like I once saw 5 shadow-figures standing and mulling around in my room at almost midnight while I was in bed. And also heard breathing coming from my little brothers dark room when I knew no one was in there. I even heard our Labrador cross dog that had to be put down months before growl outside my bedroom window like he usually did when he was about to charge at the gate barking at whatever he didn't like.

But I think it is true that this person/ entity/ figure/ doppelganger/ whatever it is, is not out to harm any of you. Especially if it doesn't even acknowledge your presence.

Although I'm also concerned about what it might have taken from your dresser. Was anything missing?
And can you find out if the house might have any history? It might even have been a previous owner.

Let us know if anything else is happening.
Best wishes.
AzraelX (8 stories) (115 posts)
+2
10 years ago (2014-02-17)
I know that it will sound funny, but I have a theory that could explain doppelgangers and events when people supposed to be elsewhere are seen in other places etc.

Consider our existence on one plane. There could be other existences at other states of vibration or dimensions.

Mr. X can exist in this dimension. There are multiple Mr. Xes existing in different dimensions.

The multiple dimensions could be existing at different states of vibration. Each dimension could be moving around a focal point and at some state of vibration or existence, the different spheres of existence cross each other.

It could be at such crossing points where, Mr. X of this dimension or sphere of existence sees another Mr. X of another sphere of existence.

It could be at such crossing points where, Mr. X of this dimension sees Mr. Y of another dimension, while Mr. Y of this dimension is somewhere else. Mr. X of this dimension might become aware of the existence of the other by seeing him, but not necessarily Mr. X of the other dimension.

Similarly, Vicki34 & her brother of this dimension could have seen their dad of another dimension.

Silly theory, isn't it?

Perhaps, Physics could be the answer.

I have another silly theory for the explanation for many paranormal occurrences.

You may have heard of the Gaia Hypothesis -
The Gaia hypothesis, also known as Gaia theory or Gaia principle, proposes that organisms interact with their inorganic surroundings on Earth to form a self-regulating, complex system that contributes to maintaining the conditions for life on the planet.

Similarly, my theory is that sentience on our planet is one huge entity - One huge distributed entity.

Imagine a huge network of conscience of all organisms. Humans Minds, Animal Minds, Conscience of Plants.

Conscience of all organic life that was created once still exists. When the organic body dies, the conscience of the body is absorbed and distributed into the distributed conscience network.

As anything created, it also suffers from glitches.
Some glitches in the form of

A person remembering the life of another person who existed at another time and another place. Some might call it reincarnation.

A person behaving like someone who existed at another time and another place. Some might call it possession.

A person showing deep knowledge of past about other persons, living & dead. Some might call it having powers.

Perhaps glitches in the distributed conscience network could explain many of the paranormal experiences.

Silly theory again, right?
Human mind is a hard nut to crack.

Think about it.
ChewYIn (8 posts)
-1
10 years ago (2014-02-16)
all I can say is don't plant your terrify in you... Cause the more you scare the more they will appear and keep disturbing you 😊
BadJuuJuu (guest)
+2
10 years ago (2014-02-14)
You saw him once, 4 years ago, and your brother has seen him once, correct? And he's taken no notice of either of you? It really doesn't sound like he means anyone harm or even realizes anyone is there. It could well be a residual image as Griff suggested. It seems likely that the footsteps are just the result of nerves. You're anxious, expecting activity, so your subconscious is filling in the blanks and giving you footsteps. It can happen when a person gets frightened, which is one reason its important to control your fear instead of letting fear control you. If this guy had any bad intent, he would have done something way before now. Its safe to relax and not worry.
missy-ryton (5 stories) (13 posts)
+3
10 years ago (2014-02-14)
Hi Vikki, Great story but I honestly don't think you have anything to be worried about. You said this man was oblivious to you and your brother and that makes me think he means no harm to you and your family, so chances are he's probably not attached to you and your family. He could of lived in your home previously and when he passed just came back.

It's a little concerning that you think he took something, any idea what it was? I know how scary it feels when you see something but I think you should just accept he's there and don't fear him. I think if he had meant any harm he wouldn't have ignored you or your brother he would have tried something else. I have and old lady in my home, before we remodeled our now bathroom was a bedroom, we often go in to find her sitting in the bathroom which can be awkward lol. We think it may have been her bedroom. When I first saw her I was terrified, I wouldn't go near her, after a while though I realized she doesn't care about us, not remotely interested, she just enjoys being here. Maybe it's the same with the man.

Take care 😊
Griff84 (5 stories) (289 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-02-14)
First of all, in my opinion, it sounds like the 'figure' didn't even know you were there, so although it is alarming for you, it appears you are not in any immediate danger. Now, you say he walked to your dresser and looked in the mirror, could you see any sort of reflection? Also, you believe he took something, was there anything missing? What was he doing when your brother saw him,? Was there any interaction? Sound to me like it could be a residual haunting, where a past experience replays like a real life video. I will stress I am no expert and this is just purely my opinion eluded to from the details in your post.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: