You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: My Shabby Haunted House

Real Ghost Stories

My Shabby Haunted House

 

So, my story takes place over a long period of time. Weird things happened at my house when I was young, but I never really thought about it until I was having a rest in my mum's room. I laid their with my eyes closed for a while until someone walked in and rubbed the back of my head, kind of like my mum does. I got up to say hello, but when I got up, now one was in the room, or the house.

Another time, which I am still confused about and barely believe it to be anyway paranormal or supernatural, is when I was getting ready to go to sleep. When I looked out the window of my house and looked towards the city, I blinked once and over 12 hours had passed. It was morning and the sun was up.

One event that my sister told me was when she went to go to the bathroom late at night, she walked in and the light turned on by itself. Some may say that she was tired and just subconsciously hit the switch. Well, there was no light bulb in the socket at that time. As soon as she walked out, the light went out.

My whole family had seen dark shapes, and some friends that I've had overnight have told me they've heard footsteps walking around the house.

Another scary moment was when our house was broken into. My dad began explaining what happened and showed us how it happened. At one point my dad stopped talking, his face began to change. He had a small beard, which had now grown bushier, several other facial changes had occurred and he was now holding a screwdriver, but then he was suddenly normal again. I had to interrupt him and tell him what I saw, which he said was the same image he saw when he was informed of the break-in. My dad later saw a man at the bus stop near the housing commission that looked exactly like him.

Another time, I was having trouble sleeping. I was tossing and turning. I opened my eyes and instead of pitch black, I saw a white mist the size of a man. As I stared, it slowly dissolved into nothingness.

Me and my friend Alex also did a ghost hunt in my house and found two amazing pieces of evidences, both audio. Although I cannot show you, I can provide transcripts.

Me: If you're there, can you make a noise?

A few seconds of silence.

My friend: Dude, I feel dizzy.

Me: I can't tell, I'm leaning against the wall.

Gets off wall

Me: Now I feel really dizzy.

*unexplained whistle*

During this, we both heard the whistle and it was captured on the IPod recorder, but not my video camera.

My friend: Dude, did you hear that thump?

*unexplained footsteps*

We did not hear the footsteps with our own ears or capture it on the video camera.

As well as that, my video camera battery would die in just under two minutes and recharge itself while I held it, and would turn itself on and off.

As I write this, I heard footsteps enter my room. They're interested in your discussions, don't p*ss them off.

Other hauntings by Ghost_adventures_fan

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Australia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Ghost_adventures_fan, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Ghost_adventures_fan (2 stories) (17 posts)
-1
10 years ago (2014-03-24)
well, if anyone really cares (I'm suprised if you do, but still), I'm doing a ghost hunt at my friends house on the weekend, not only that, but a friend, who does not believe in ghosts is tagging along. It's going to be awesome, i'm filming as well, so if any evidence is found, I'll show you guys
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
+2
10 years ago (2014-03-11)
Ghost_adventures_fan: I've been on a few ghost hunts, and am associated with quite a few other paranormal investigators/hunters/researchers. All, and by that I mean "every one", of them will tell you in all seriousness that those three things are all one really needs. That is, if what you're doing is attempting to capture evidence to share with friends and family as something interesting or cool. Fancy, expensive equipment is fun to have but unfortunately, not many of the gadgets available at this time hold up to the microscopic scrutiny of many in the paranormal community. I'm in a few groups on facebook that literally rip to shreds most "evidence" that is posted.

So, if you're just trying to figure out whether you're really experiencing activity then stick with what you have. 😊
Ghost_adventures_fan (2 stories) (17 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-03-10)
as for my feeble attempt of a ghost hunt, we had a camera, an iphone and our instincts, we tried, haters going to hate
Ghost_adventures_fan (2 stories) (17 posts)
-1
10 years ago (2014-03-10)
Nothing else happened after we went hunting they never stopped or slowed down, but there was a lot of things we couldn't capture
Triskaideka (2 stories) (388 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-03-10)
These are definitely some odd events. When you were "ghost hunting" in your home, did you notice any clues, other than the recording? Were there any changes to the environment or overall feeling to the place? Did items move? Did your sleep change. Did friends comments? So on and so forth. I'm just wondering a) what other issues were occuring and b) if they cleared up at all.

Please keep us updated!
<3
Ghost_adventures_fan (2 stories) (17 posts)
-1
10 years ago (2014-03-10)
Um, soz guys I couldn't find the site for a while, I'll answer some questions, dwells, I'll have to take your comment into serious consideration as I suffered from severe stress due to bullying, mrknbee, I was sitting up in my bed, spirit waiting, this was after my dads face changed, ps, I'm convinced I was not being possessed as I was standing next to my granddad ashes, makomf, my dad felt nothing, my sister was standing next to me and she saw nothin, um, when I hear footsteps entering my room, while I talk about them, it scares me, red wolf, don't have a phone, power of suggestion sounds like a more than reasonable suggestion, spirits haunting, I live in wollongong, nsw, eternal flame and anyone else, I've started the wollongong ghost adventures crew chapter and soon will be investigating the St. John's orphanage, goulbourn
ghostfacep (1 stories) (27 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-03-01)
very interesting! If I were you I would not give it so much attention, though. It can keep you away from important things. 😐
dwelly (7 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-02-27)
As far as the time passing thing, I had a similar experience, though not as dramatic. I was with a friend, talking. And maybe five minutes had passed, but I couldn't remember a single thing I had done during that time. Just as a note, as far as I know, my house and my friend's house were never haunted. So it could be something scientific and not paranormal at all. I actually never got it investigated or anything, so I have no clue what caused it.

It could have been that you were sleep-walking. Most people don't remember what happens while they sleep walk and just wake up wherever they last fell asleep but a bunch of time has passed.

Another option (though, I want to note, a very UNLIKELY option) is Dissociate Identity/Multiple Personality Disorder. People who have this typically experience black-outs, usually infrequently, and can't remember anything that happened during that time. Again, I'd like to stress that this is highly unlikely. DID is really rare and having one blackout doesn't mean you have it. But it's also really important to consider all possibilities before thinking that something is paranormal.

As for your father's face changing, I'm a little less certain on what that could be. Like others had asked, I'd like to know if anyone else saw that happen. If not, did you physically see his face changing, or was it more of an "in-your-mind's-eye" type of sight? The former would indicate a paranormal entity making itself known in a powerful way that may become dangerous. The latter could indicate psychic abilities on your end.

I'd like to know more about your situation as it progresses. Keep up posted <3

Much luck to you and your family
Dwelly.
mrfknbee (39 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-02-25)
So when 12 hours passed in the blink of an eye were you standing or sitting and how did you come to know 12 hours had passed in a second
spiritwaiting (42 stories) (843 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-02-24)
Ghost_adventures_fan, I am an avid watcher and fan of the show and crew. Anywho... Have you thought to look up the history of the home? And your brave to communicate with the spirit. When you decided to communicate with the spirit, was it after or before the changing of your fathers face? It could be the spirit was trying to help identify the person. Incredible it is, but scary to say the least.Dizzy, etc is never a good sign, its possible it was trying to possess you, or that's what the spirit was feeling in their last moments of life. Does your family still live in the home?

Thanks for sharing, Spiritwaiting
rb (1 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-02-23)
Hey, I think your house is haunted so you should do a puja in your house.
MakoMF (9 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-02-21)
Clearing up question 1. How did your father felt as you were watching him changing?
MakoMF (9 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-02-21)
Ghost fan
The situation you in sound serious, judging from the nickname you decided to use in YGS and the fact your family have seen dark shapes suggests you have been through a lot and ready to get rid of those entities.

But before you can deal with the ones in the house, you first have to deal with those already attached themselves to you causing you to blink once and then12 hours has past, making you to see your father's face changing!

We can help further if you clarify some of the details such as:

1. What was the comment from your father when you told him what was happening to his face? Did others saw the same thing? Did your father felt anything, dizziness, etc? If not, something is really into your system. Ever heard stories of some parents ended up in prison for killing a beast only to realise after the beast was actually his/her baby and no witness to support their claims?

2. Who was informing your father of the break-in and where were you during the break-in? My guess would be one of the entities in your house is trying to show you who broke into your house and the type of instrument he used.

3. *unexplained footsteps* not through your ears while dizzy! Sounds like another story I've read people hearing their own voices calling to them. It is said to be the so called V2K (Voice-to-sKull) device. Is used by Handlers to give you instructions pretending to be God. It is advice never to answer to the voice, if you do, you are letting the Handler know they succeeded in hacking into your brain voice channel. It is also said you can trace back the origin of the voice even when you are feeling dizzy. The voice is from something inside the house. Could you or your friend manage to trace which part of the house the voice may have originated?

4. When 12 hours gone by with a blink of an eye, were you holding onto something next to the window? If so, that would sound like sleep paralysis. You actually slept standing for 12 hours, you didn't blink. Wasn't there anyone else to check on you if you disappeared into your room for 12 hours? Just curious if you still managed to go to work or school that morning?

5. Yeah, do you recall saying this to us?
"They're interested in your discussions, don't p*ss them off."

Waiting for some answers dude.
lady-glow (16 stories) (3154 posts)
+2
10 years ago (2014-02-20)
RedWolf: perhaps Ghost-adventures-fan can't answer because those ill tempered footsteps got pissed and kicked his, er... Computer?
RedWolf (31 stories) (1292 posts)
+3
10 years ago (2014-02-20)
I'm with mamachong, your fathers features supposedly change slowly and you don't pick up your cell phone and snap a picture or two?
Also your attempt at the ghost hunt, what was that? Your friend says dude I feel dizzy to which you reply I can't tell I'm leaning against the wall. You "gets off wall now I feel really dizzy". Power of suggestion maybe?
Mamachong, don't you just love when the O/P says they will take part in the discussion because they need help but never make a peep? I'm not trying to cause any trouble I just wish to have the O/P open up a bit and tell us what they want help with.
mamachong (11 stories) (228 posts)
+3
10 years ago (2014-02-19)
Most of your story I believe. I'm a little bit on the fence as far as your dad's beard growing longer and thicker in a short time, then going back to normal.

Are you willing to post any audio or video of it on line so we could check it out? What did you mean by "their interested in your discussion, don't piss them off"? Were they saying that to you, or are you saying that to the people here on ygs that are commenting?
Tanner02 (9 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-02-19)
Hi I'm new to this site I like to read about haunting I love this site I so cool ❤
spirithauntings (1 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-02-19)
where in Australia did this occur? I'm interested because I'm from Australia. Also very interested in video and audio
AzraelX (8 stories) (115 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-02-19)
The incident when your father's face changed right in front of you is quite scary.
eternal_flame (22 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-02-18)
Have you thought about posting your evidence on YouTube and giving us the link?

Interesting story. I would have freaked if I felt someone touch and me then found no one around. I wouldn't have ever gone back in alone in a house like that. Haha.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: