You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Talking To A Man In My Room

Real Ghost Stories

Talking To A Man In My Room

 

About 10 years back when I had my first husband, we had bought a very old house. When we first moved in I found a scratched up picture in the shed in my backyard. It was of an old black man with white curly hair.

Every night when I slept in my house the man came and visited me. I vividly remember sitting up on my bed and he would sit at the end of the bed talking to me. My talking would wake my husband up and every time he woke up, the man would fade.

I don't believe he was evil. He would just ask me questions about my day and sometimes say, "There are other ones here you know." I always knew he was talking about other spirits, such as himself.

It could be a dream. But I have never had dreams that reoccurred like that and felt so vivid and real. I remember hitting myself and he would ask, "What are you doing?" I would say, "Just making sure you are real." All he would do is laugh.

I specifically remember hitting myself and how it felt. That is when I knew it wasn't a dream. I also knew it wasn't a dream because of that man. I have never met someone so kind and brought such a peaceful presents. I did love him, as a friend. I felt like he watched over me.

About two years alter, I moved into another house. I went to sleep thinking I would wake up to see him again. But I never did. I missed him a lot. I wanted to move back into that house just so I could see him again. I wonder if I moved back there today if I would see him. I strongly believe that he was a good spirit, and because of the many experiences I had, I believe in them.

Other hauntings by Vicki34

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Texas

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Vicki34, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

mrfknbee (39 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-02-25)
Sounds like a total gentleman and you seem a very respectful lady so its a perfect combination for a social chat. Wether he was there or in your dreams your lucky to have met such a gentle soul
Swimsinfire (11 stories) (556 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-02-24)
Nice to know these sweet souls are around. I wonder why he chose to stay, since he surely could go to the light. Are there bhudisatva ghosts who stick around in case they're needed?
Vicki34 (3 stories) (3 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-02-21)
[at] Ashcat thank you.
[at] makomf I just naturally woke up. I don't have answers to any of those questions because we really just talked about casual stuff, which is weird. I don't remember all we said though because this was about two years ago. Sorry.
MakoMF (9 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-02-21)
BTW, people who usually talk to spirits without the aid of a medium, the spirit's voice go straight into their brains, and not through ears. Well trained individuals would even communicate back to the spirit using their minds instead of mouths. Form of communication know as telepathy I believe. I would say you had a chance to practice telepathy, but seemed to have relied on our primitive verbal feedback to old man instead.

There are people who says they can hear my mind, while I can only read minds of some individuals. I'm not sure if reading and hearing minds are two different things.
MakoMF (9 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-02-21)
Hi Vicki
Great and friendly spirit host you got there. He sounds like he is at peace the way he died. Old black man with white hair, he must have died a natural death, i.e, from old age otherwise he would be walking around the house trying to investigate the cause of his death. Kind of an old man who knew, prepared and always ready for death to come take his life. He might have even saw himself raising gradually OBE forever.

Did you ever ask:
1. How he ended up staying in the house in that formation, being a ghost, i.e, if he didn't add weight on the bed as he appeared?
2. Why he didn't leave the place when he died?
3. His surname, perhaps his descendants might want to buy the house to be him?
4. Why he faded out of vision when your husband wakes up?
5. The others he refered to, why can't they show up like he does?
6. Did he had to wake you up before you talked, and how was he waking you up?
7. Did you ever tried to record your convesation to check if you can playback afterwards?
8. You say your husband would wake up hearing your voice, which suggest he never woke up hearing a voice of the old man. Just a bit curious about your receptors for old man's voice. Did you hear his voice through your ears or the voice just got into your head? If you ever tried, I mean could you still hear his voice even when you had your ears blocked with something like your hands or earphones?

Please tell us more. It's rare you come across a ghost that even manage to talk to you.
AshCat (24 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-02-20)
I like your story! How sweet that you missed him when you moved. It sure does sound like he was a nice man. Hopefully he has moved on to the light by now! You will see him again someday:)

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: