You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Reading Too Much Into Nothing?

Real Ghost Stories

Reading Too Much Into Nothing?

 

On January 20, 2014, I went to lay down in my bed around 9:30 p.m. My husband came in the room to lay down shortly after. We have a king size bed on the left side of the bedroom with my side of the bed next to the wall by the window.

We were laying there watching TV and talking a little bit. As I moved my leg towards the wall to get more comfortable, the pull string from the blinds on the window started swinging violently! The bottom of the pull string hangs approx. 3 feet above my bed. My point is that I didn't touch the string with my leg or foot when I moved. I would have had to stretch and lift my foot to hit it and I would have had to do it with some force. I looked at my husband and he was so focused on the show that he didn't notice.

Thinking about it now I think it's possible that there was a "person" or spirit sitting on the end of my bed and when I moved my leg they moved quickly causing the string to move. I can recreate what happened if I sit on the end of the bed up against the blinds and then move quickly.

Shortly after I went to sleep and I was unusually hot just about all night. I woke up around 4 am to hearing noises. The noise sounded like someone was opening and closing the kitchen cabinets. It's a sound that I'm very familiar with. I didn't get up to check as I was still freaked out by what had happened earlier.

I may be reading too much into nothing but lately it's been something strange just about every day. I would like to read some of your opinions and advice on how to deal with this possible spirit. I'm worried that my paranoia might compromise my better judgment.

Other hauntings by shhh_im_sleeping

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Virginia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, shhh_im_sleeping, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

spiritwaiting (42 stories) (843 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-02-26)
shhh_im_sleeping, It could be just passing spirits. Are these regular occurences? Like the same sort of incidents happening a couple times a week? The reason I ask, this could be a resident spirit. Maybe this spir is interested in you two for one reason or another. I like your stories, very interesting. 😊
Griff84 (5 stories) (289 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-02-26)
Hi again shhh_im_sleeping, it could be worth keeping a record of things that happen, and having a quick check to see if the graveyard guy is working at that time also, and noting that down. After a short time you will see if the two are related.
Griff84 (5 stories) (289 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-02-26)
bizzjoe, perhaps her husband just passes it off as the wind or a draft. If you think something / someone is there in your home, and experiences start happening, then you tend to pick up on every little thing, like your sensed are heightened. It does not matter if they are para or just normal, they are real at the time. If something goes bump in the night in our house, its me who is scurrying around for the proton pack, and my wife telling me to pack it in, and I believe most things have a natural explanation.😁
bizzjoe (1 stories) (162 posts)
-2
10 years ago (2014-02-23)
The husbands don't seem to notice much in a lot of these stories...
shhh_im_sleeping (14 stories) (62 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-02-23)
No windows open as it is very cold here in the Winter and I have not pets inside my home. It was weird. When I moved the string just swung violently without any reason. My son who sleeps in the living room said he heard the cabinets opening that night too and thought it was either me or my husband. We are the second to live in this home. The home belonged to my Aunt who is still alive and well. I do however live about a 10th of a mile away from an old graveyard and there is an old man who renovates the graveyard. It seems to me that activity is getting stirred up after he works on it.
hitman1987 (1 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-02-20)
Did you guys inquired about the history of the building before moving in? May be some spirit attached to it. But you can neutralize negative energies by keeping the environment of your home happy. If you guys have strong faith in religion & you believe in kindness towards other then your aura is enough to neutralize enemies.
Griff84 (5 stories) (289 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-02-20)
Hi shhh_im_sleeping, Was the window open, or another window open which could have caused a draft? Do you have any cats that could of been sat on the window sill, and jumped down knocking the cord? Or even an extractor fan being left on? I know you probably would have said, but its worth asking. Also, did you find anything unusual with your kitchen cabinets at all, or anything unusual with the stuff you keep in then, like items moved etc.?

Perhaps it has something to do with your shower experience as you saw something that day. 😊

Thanks 😊

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: