You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Attached Entity

Real Ghost Stories

Attached Entity

 

This experience started when I was young around 11-12 years old. I started feeling I was not alone in my house when I was the only one at home. I did not experience this anywhere else at the time.

Over the next few months things have been getting, I guess, a little bit more frequent. The entity started getting brave and I started seeing human shaped objects or blurs out of the corners of my eyes, but when I turned to see what it is, there is nothing there. Sometimes I would hear footsteps and doors opening and closing around my house. (Since I have lived in this house so long I can tell where everyone is just by hearing footsteps.) These footsteps would either be on the top floor or on the main floor. This would happen when I was home alone and on the different floor that it was happening on.

Then the thing started blowing things over like paper while I was doing my homework. Or it would roll things off the counter that has been there for days. Or I would feel chills down my spine as if something was breathing over my shoulder. This has kept happening to now in the present. I don't think the entity wants to harm me or anyone else because it would have already done it if it wanted to.

I have tried communicating with it but nothing has happened. I would sometimes hear a low growling or whispering but it is very low and I can't figure out if it is a natural sound in my house.

Now it has started to seemingly follow me out of the house and I would experience it in other places. For instance in school and in my friends houses. When I ask my family or friends they said they had never felt it or seen anything.

Please help. I want to know what it is. I want to know if it is good or bad and if it is helping or harming. Thank you.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Maryland

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Nachod, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments but I won't participate in the discussion.

twelveam (74 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-03-08)
Hi again Nachod,

Just to clarify things... It sounds like you have encounters with this/these apparitions anywhere you might go with no rhyme or reason behind it! I was wondering if all your past experiences are of similar nature to the ones you are having at the present time? In other words, is it ALWAYS basically the same types of forms that you see everywhere, or site specific in different times and places? The growling and noises you hear... Do THEY all sound the same as well, or change in tone or sound depending on where you experience them? This could at least rule out if or if not everything's connected to the same origin. Nevertheless, MY SUGGESTION would be to try and see a medium who may be able to make a connection with this entity (or entities) and dig into your situation to find out why this is happening to you. Any messages that are meant to be passed down to you and for what reasons, will surface as well. I pray that everything gets sorted out for you, and you can continue on with your life without worry. Take care! 😢
lady-glow (16 stories) (3157 posts)
+2
10 years ago (2014-03-05)
Gypsywitch19: how could eating lots of salt help in this case other than causing high blood pressure? Why should vomiting be avoided?
Do not take me wrong but this is the first time I hear this advice and would like to know the way it works.
ShatteredEternity (3 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-03-04)
This is nothing, really. Blowing over paper and rolling things off counters, that's not dangerous but rather them trying to get your attention. Obviously no one else is awknowledging them so it makes them happy when they are noticed by you. Now when they start invading your personal space and actually causing you physical and or mental harm, THAT is when you need to worry.
Also if you see black shadows/masses, because those generally are demons.
KibaxChan (3 stories) (5 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-03-04)
Well, I can tell you that you DEFINITELY shouldn't have tried to contact it. That's never a good idea! But the fact that this entity has the power to "blow over things like paper" and you've been hearing a low growling or whispering...? That has DANGER written all over it. It seems that these experiences will lead to an apparition manifesting itself and physically attacking you... After all, you have given it permission to do so by attempting to speak with it.

You never mentioned a religion, though, OP? Maybe you could get your family to take you to a priest or approach a member of the church yourself. (I am assuming Christianity, I hope that's a fair assumption?) Have members of the church lay hands on you and pray over you, then have a priest bless your house. Use salt as a protection circle around the home afterward. Do not bring up the paranormal in conversation and eradicate it from your thoughts (the best you can) when you've done this or you'll call it back to you indirectly. Also, I have made this mistake before, so remember these words. Once you bless a house, ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS check through the peep hole >EVERY< >SINGLE< >TIME< there's a knock at the door or the doorbell rings. THAT INCLUDES KNOCKING ON WINDOWS AND OTHER ENTRANCES INTO THE HOME. If there's nobody there, don't open it, no matter how long the knocking persists.

I wish you the best of luck, okay? ❤ Be safe.
ghosthunt12 (4 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-03-03)
Think of positive and pleasant things when you have such ghostly encounters. It creates positive vibes and the situation becomes less stressful. I hope this helps you. Take care.
AudreyJay (1 stories) (17 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-03-03)
I'm going to go out on a limb and say that if it wanted to harm you, it most likely would have done so already. Perhaps it's a deceased family member of yours. Maybe a past resident of your house, or the land on which it was built. More often than not, there really isn't an explanation to be given. Hope things work out for you.
gypsywitch19 (3 posts)
-1
10 years ago (2014-03-02)
I can tell you exactly what this is. You feel ghosts but don't have super strong connections with them... You can see them a little bit and they scare you. You have been given this curse so something can feed off the fear. Want help? Go to sleep before sunset so you are never awake at night forever. Ghosts will be too bored to hurt you. Eat lots of salt and never allow yourself to vommit. Be kind to everyone and if they bother you during the day say "I'm sorry but you're not my responsibility"
supernaturalservices (86 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-03-01)
Hi, if you feel uncomfortable put out a bowl of sea salt and white vinegar and let it evaporate in the area effected.

It also helps to take something made of iron and rub it on your upper back and any other points you feel you should.
spiritwaiting (42 stories) (843 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-02-26)
Nachod, I also agree with RavenAngelvX. This spirit may have attached itself to you, because your the one who acknowledged it. Now that this spirit knows you can here, and feel it it may be doing these things to get your attention. It could be just a playful spirit, but if your hearing low growls that's not really a good thing. When I was younger, I lived around an evil entity and it growled, which led to horrifying experiences. If its moving objects, and touching you, then it could mean its getting stronger somehow. Are you getting any feelings of fear,uneasy,or a strong presence heavy feeling in the air around you? Please stay safe.
lawluck1 (2 stories) (13 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-02-25)
I would ignore it seems to me the more attention you give theese things the bolder they become and the more dangerous they become.
eternal_flame (22 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-02-23)
Do you think it could perhaps be a poltergeist? I suggest doing more research and seeing what you come up with.
Nachod (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-02-22)
Thank you all for commenting. This house was built and I am the first onto move into it. I have lived in previous houses that are pretty old and I have experienced some stuff there too. They stay the same like a humanoid figure then when I look or notice it the thing goes away. Thank you
Tanner02 (9 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-02-20)
some spearts just whant to learn not harm you. I have feeling with ghost or what but cool story 😊
twelveam (74 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-02-20)
Hi Nachod,

How long have you lived in that house, and how long had you ALREADY lived there before anything started to catch your attention? The reason I ask this is because I SUSPECT like RavenAngelvX said, that for SOME REASON it may have attached itself to you. I would think that claim is supported by the fact that no one else see's or feels it but you, as well as it following you outside the property. It doesn't sound like it is a bad entity by the way it is carrying itself and acting, but things need to be ruled out first. I have one more question: when you see the human shapes out of the corner of your eyes, do those shapes usually stay the same... Or would you say possibly you could be seeing more than one entity? Possibly, if you kind of kept a journal of episodes describing what happened, where, date, time, and try to be as detailed as possible on WHAT EXACTLY you saw. All this would help to put the puzzle together. There may be a reason this entity is trying to communicate with you alone. Please keep us posted so we can get to the bottom of things. THANKS! 😁 😕
RavenAngelvX (2 stories) (6 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-02-20)
Maybe it isn't there to help or harm at all. Perhaps you just remind it of someone it knew in life and so it has attached itself to you. I agree it doesn't seem to want to harm you. Perhaps it just wants your attention. If you want it to go away try ignoring it maybe? Good luck:)

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: