You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Figures In My Bedroom

Real Ghost Stories

The Figures In My Bedroom

 

I am publishing this story because I want others who may experience the same thing to know they are not alone, and hopefully, find some answers out myself.

This, what I call odd, encounter started happening a couple of years ago, on and off, and has recently started happening again. I live in this town called Mareeba, Queensland, Australia and a few years ago, when I was in grade 9 to grade 10 (14 to 15 years old) something strange began to happen whenever I was trying to sleep. Something, or someone as it felt like, started appearing in my room when the lights were out.

I can't exactly recall how it all happened back then because of how long ago it was, all I know is a tall dark figure would appear in the room. I would never look at it, but I knew it was there, and for some reason, I knew that "it" was, is, a He.

Anyway, He would appear in my room when I was trying to sleep, sometimes I would be fully awake and immediately switch my light on, then He would disappear without me seeing Him. Other times I would barely wake from a deep sleep and feel His presence next to the bed. I would turn on the light, and He would be gone, but I would be fully awake and still feel some part of Him in the room.

So for the next couple of years this would happen, on and off as I said. Sometimes He would only come for a couple of days and then He would be gone for two to six months.

On about two occasions as I can remember from before this year (2014) I would be stirred awake from the opposite side of the bed dipping with weight, almost as if He was climbing into bed with me, then I would find it hard to breath, but I don\'t think that was from Him, just my own panic at someone I don't know being in my bed. This would make me be completely aware of my surroundings and I could feel Him as He laid there and let me move towards my bedside lamp and turn it on. Not once did He ever try and stop me, and every time the light came on, He would be gone.

The repeated occasions stopped happening, however, in 2011 after my cousin was killed in traffic accident, and they discontinued until about a week ago (20th January, 2014).

I was finding it hard to sleep at first until I realized there was SOMETHING else in my room. That's when I was aware of the presence of a dark clock figure above my bed, just hovering and watching me; I got the feeling this Thing, was not the kind type and immediately turned my light on. The only difference was that the feeling it gave off was different from Him.

He appeared last night (29th January, 2014). The Dark Cloak Figure was there, he had only come about one to three nights since the first encounter. As usual I turned on the light to get rid of him and even managed to fall asleep with it on. When I woke up again it was because I felt the bed, on the opposite side, dip with the weight of someone else, the lamp was also turned off, as I only realised later on. I just laid there for a second letting him climb in, still not completely awake.

It was not until I felt the weight of that person on top of me when I started to panic. I immediately rolled over and switched on the lamp and looked back to find he was gone. Then it dawned on me that I hadn't turned my lamp off to begin with. I sat there trying to think, at first I thought it was the Thing that was in my bed but not until a few seconds of hard thinking did I figure out that it wasn't.

The figure which had climbed into my bed had lain on top of me as if a normal person using their partner as a pillow would do. The figure in my bed had also willing let me turn my lamp on and for some reason I felt the need to continue contact with the figure even as I went for the lamp. The feeling the figure gave off was the same as Him and not the Thing.

I'm not sure who He is or why He is here with me in the first place and I'm not sure what that Thing was or why it is here either, all I know is that if He continues to make himself known before I can register it I will keep turning on the lamp thinking He is It. And I don't know what to do.

But for the most part, He makes me feel kind of safe.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Australia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, PeacefulKat96, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

JelloPixel (4 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-04-17)
I think the dude spirit has a crush on you. The cloak/clock thing you were talking about seems scary. Soz got no advice. Just stick with the dude that let's you put the lamp on
rinchux (1 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-03-12)
I think that it's not trying to hurt you, maybe it just wants to protect you, because he hasn't tried to attack you or something like that. You have to try communicating with it, so you can ask why is it/he watching you 😉
RavenAngelvX (2 stories) (6 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-03-12)
My boyfriend had a very similar experience one time when he was about 14 as well, but we live in America. He said he often felt as if someone was in his room with him, and then one night he woke to some dark shadowy figure standing in his room. He turned on the light abd it vanished, but he still stayed up the rest of the night terrified. No advice really, just letting you know you are not alone. Although I agree with whoever said don't trust either one. Quite often any shadowy figures are no good.
Ghost_adventures_fan (2 stories) (17 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-03-10)
I'm confused too, I know how terrifying it can be to not physically see someone or something that's there, him, sounds like he does not pose any threat, possibly a guardian angel, the thing on the other hand, he does not seem like a hostile spirit, just not as welcoming
kellbear (2 stories) (17 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-03-09)
They both may be the same entity. "He" may be wanting you to feel comfortable. I have read that some entities will pose as non threatening to get a person to let their guard down. I would not trust either entity for your own safety. Or at least until you know more about them. Be careful and be safe.
lilu_love (2 posts)
-1
10 years ago (2014-03-09)
I've had quite a few dreams like this. You said it was a while ago so I am assuming all the comments above me are in vain.

Well, I want to share just to shed some light on my experiences.

When I was younger, I had recurring dreams that I was being raped by a demon or becoming one. I had many night terrors as a child and I thought because I am becoming an adult, my nightmares were just becoming more adult too.

Sometimes I would dream with my eyes open. You know when you dream with your eyes open when you can see the room you're in clearly and vividly but everything is black and white. For me, there was also always something off about the room. Like a remote that wasn't there when I woke.

During these dreams, I would feel pressure on me. I have heard many others talk about this too. They would feel pressure either on the bed next to them or on top of them. I had a fear of a demon trying to be apart of me, the same way as my vivid dreams of incubuses and being possessed suggested to me.

After long consideration of having only seen or felt this way at night, I realized that it could in fact be completely psychological. When I was in college, my first year, I experimented with lucid dreaming. I tried really hard to become an active conscious being within my dreams and the first step was to lucid dream. I have projected myself out of my body and looked back down at my bed. Same way as I felt when I was dreaming with my eyes open except I was looking down at my sleeping body.

Not all lucid dreaming is like this though. I want to say that so I don't misinform you. Lucid dreaming is just any time you have control over your dream, partial or completely. It is good to practice this when you are experiencing night demons or ghosts. The reason being is that you can feel so weak when you are asleep versus when you are awake. This is natural for most animals. You want to be on your toes when you experience an invasion. When you know that you are scared of something that may not be of this physical world then you are not sure how you can sleep and protect yourself. Practicing lucid dreaming will make you feel in control of yourself even while you rest.

Anyway, I started to experience some things while awake in college as well. But slowly, they became less threatening. Part of seeing something that you may question the validity of is knowing where your own head is at. Take note of your moods and major significant events when ghosts come to you. If the ghost feels threatening, maybe there is something in your life or past life that must be worked through.

I once saw an alien like figure watching me have drunken sex with a guy I met at a party. I saw the figure slowly go out the window as I screamed for the light to be turned on asking 'WHO ELSE IS HERE'. The light turned on (there is no fan in the room) and the curtain moved once then stayed still. I was sexually abused as a child and could easily put together my demon rapings had been part of those experiences.

Ever since I have been more conscious about my actions in day to day life. I feel stronger and better equipped to make adult decisions like who to have sex with. That does not mean my ghost experiences have stopped. In fact, they still come. So do some dreams with ghosts or demons. But even the demons in my dreams are no longer violent. I have more control over myself (seemingly) in my dreams and am no longer scared. I only awake or dream with curiosity and no fear. I do not view all ghost appearances and happenings as negative but what they are.

For instance, I was doing an overnight shift at the house I work at as a caregiver. I was sleeping in the master bedroom. Their bathroom is about ten feet away. The door is always open. I hear the faucet turn on for a while. It was fully on too, not just a half turn of the knob. And then after a little less than a minute turns off.

I wasn't scared. I mean, a part of me was startled but I had thought, what kind of ghost would want to scare me with a faucet? I don't think it meant harm. A different overnight visit, something similar and much more concrete happened to me. The ceiling fan (of which the light switch was off all day and never turned on) had started moving out of nowhere. When it would stop, it would regain momentum. As if someone was standing there pushing it.

All my previous experiences of ghosts I felt like had meant something. The reason I was scared of them was because I was going through something at the time. Weather I hallucinated them or they were preying on my weakness, it didn't matter, they were still real to me. After working out my psychological issues I was able to develop an unbiased look at the paranormal activities around me and less and less became negative or intrusive.

If a ghost is lying himself on you or next to you that is a negative experience. There is no protection in an invasion of privacy. The ghost may think that though, as the abusive partner in a relationship may feel their actions are justified. What you must do is show your strength and work on it every day. In this way you will be able to welcome or dismiss the ghosts as they come with control and without fear and without personal invasion.
Hollyrose25 (1 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-03-09)
I think you should experiment and not turn the lamp on just to see what he does next and if action goes further maybe you can find out what he wants... If it gets to much for you remember all you have to do is turn the lamp on and hes gone
Bejek (10 posts)
-1
10 years ago (2014-03-05)
Sounds like a mixed result of high axenity, night terrors and sleep paralysis, once people think they are being haunted it only makes this sure worse.
Swimsinfire (11 stories) (556 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-03-05)
It's kind of a confusing story. I agree with the boundry issue thing, both of them need to back off. You haven't actually seen anything, yes? Only asking because even with the light on, if you look, you can see this energy - like the way it looks above a hot pavement - and it will have a shape. Have you seen anything at all? Only a thought.
ShatteredEternity (3 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-03-04)
I feel strongly He is trying to protect you, and also I feel as if he is related to you somehow, like maybe a passed-on family member or ex boyfriend? Either way, he doesn't seem to want to harm you, but rather keep a watchful eye over you and protect you from the Thing. Theres really no need to panic unless they actually cause harm to you, but if they make you uncomfortable, a cleansing would be wise. I have a feeling the Thing has wicked intent towards you, and He is the reason the Thing has not acted on such intentions. And I know this might sound weird... But everytime you mention Him, I see a man in my head with dark brown hair, blue eyes, wearing jeans and a blue and white striped polo. But when you mention the Thing, I just see this big mass of blackness with glowing red eyes... Either way I think you should do something to get rid of the Thing...
spiritwaiting (42 stories) (843 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-03-04)
Griff84, laughing. No I actually agree with a lot of your comments on here. I'm catching up on my reading with the stories. 😊 😆 But it does almost seem to be that way. See you on the next one 😉
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-03-04)
Hello PeacefulKat96, first of all, welcome to YGS. I agree with BJJ and spiritwaiting. Whatever the entities are, they are trying to invade into your space. I just want to ask you, what was your first gut feeling about what you call as "him" and the other one, which tries to lay in your bed? Was it negative? If it is, then immediately you should go for cleansing. If not and if and only if, you feel that there are no negative vibes and that if you feel that the entities are benign, then you can talk to them, in a respectful manner and ask them to respect your space. Secondly, you can also ask them what they want and request them not to startle you like they have been doing until now. You say that you acknowledge their presence and they should reciprocate the respect of your privacy.

If they still continue to invade your area/space, then please do post, we shall advise you how to cleanse, a method, which has been designed by one of the experienced posters of this site, Rookdygin. It is there for the asking.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
Griff84 (5 stories) (289 posts)
+2
10 years ago (2014-03-03)
Having thought about this, please disregard my previous comment, I believe I am somewhat naive when it comes to this sort of thing, and I believe I have offered bad advice. I'm very sorry for that.

I would suggest you pay attention to spiritwaiting & BadJuuJuu, hopefully this will help you.
BadJuuJuu (guest)
+2
10 years ago (2014-03-03)
I agree with spiritwaiting that a cleansing would be a very good idea. Neither of these entities is respecting your space, crawling into your bed is crossing boundaries and shouldn't be allowed. Its possible that laying some ground rules, such as "stay out of my bed" may convince them to keep a more respectful distance, but a cleansing may be necessary if they keep on.
Griff84 (5 stories) (289 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-03-03)
Apologies for this off topic comment PeacefulKat96, but I have had to laugh as there have been 5 or 6 new stories posted and I feel like myself and spiritwaiting have been racing each other to comment on each first 😆
Griff84 (5 stories) (289 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-03-03)
Hi PeacefulKat96, first of all, and most importantly neither of these entities have attempted to harm or threaten you, and with the man it is almost as if he likes to be near you, but does not want you to be afraid, so let's you turn the lamp on. I know this is easier said than done, but have you ever tried speaking out to him, asking who he is, you may or may not get a response, but I think it is worth a try.

As for the thing. Do you pick up a negative vibe, or just a different vibe from this? Obviously it is un nearving to feel that anything is is your room at all when you think you are alone, but to feel them watching you would freak anyone out. As long as you feel safe too, perhaps try and speak out to this one too, even if its just to say it makes you uncomfortable. For some reason, I get the feeling this thing has come to see 'what all the fuss is about' I don't know why that is.

Please keep us updated, and thanks for sharing 😊
spiritwaiting (42 stories) (843 posts)
+2
10 years ago (2014-03-03)
peacefulkat96, This is unnerving. Because although it seems not to want to hurt you at times, I think it just wants to earn your trust. But not for anything good. It may have attached itself to you. I would do a cleansing and tell it its not welcome anymore. It seems to be getting stronger and bolder with its approach. Thanks for sharing and stay safe.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: