You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Visitors Late At Night

Real Ghost Stories

Visitors Late At Night

 

I read a story similar to this so I'll be sharing mine. This happened a few years back, when I was still in college. There were a lot of ghost stories in our campus being more than a hundred years old. I studied in Laguna, which is about a 2-hour drive from home. Because it was that far, I opted to stay in a dormitory. I lived in a studio-type unit with three other schoolmates (Roommate 1, Roommate 2 and Roommate 3).

On our first few nights, we usually stayed up late to chat about days. One time, as I was so lazy to climb up our bunk bed, I pulled my sheets and chose to sleep on the floor instead. Roommate 1 slept beside me for the same reason. As I was slowly dozing off to dreamland, I heard someone knock on the door. He/she was asking me if I was still awake and if I could open the door. Everything was blurry and I don't know if what was happening was a dream but I answered that I was still awake. He/she kept asking me to open the door and even called me by my name.

I, on the other hand, kept saying "sandali lang, babangon nako" (wait, I'll get up). I felt that I got up and walked near the door. But as I was opening the door, I'll hear him/her again asking me to open the door. That's when I realized that I didn't get up! This happened for quite a while until I head him/her talking to someone else and saying "wala, tulog na yan" (She's already asleep). Then I heard the chime of our gate a few seconds after (we lived in a compound, remember?).

The next day, everything seemed blurry. I woke only to find that Roommate 2 and Roommate 3 had already left. Roommate 1 never mentioned anything so I thought everything was a dream. My everyday life continued and I went to school. When I got home that afternoon, Roommate 2 asked me about last night. I was kind of confused. Then she told that she heard murmuring at sleep. She was also not sure if she heard other voices. That's when it hit me. What happened the previous night was not a dream.

I immediately asked a few of our neighbours if they knocked at our unit last night. None of them did. Finally, I asked the guard if someone looked for me last night, since you cannot enter the compound without a key and only tenants have the key. But he said, no one came the previous night.

I told my mom that story when I went home for the weekends. She just said, maybe someone is looking after me but not to open doors for them.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Philippines

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, o-chibi, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Griff84 (5 stories) (289 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-03-10)
Hi o-chibi, I used to have similar experiences, I would wake up in the night desperate to use the bathroom. I would still be half asleep, and while thinking of what I needed to do, I would drift off asleep again. Although I was asleep, I would dream that I was getting up, and using the amenities, only to realise I was still in bed, and still needed to get up. I put this down to me being in the half awake / half asleep state, and my brain continuing to think of something even though I have gone from conscious to unconscious.

Also, I use my radio as an alarm clock, and although it wakes me up I do drift in out and of sleep. In this time, the people on the radio could be talking about a certain subject. This subject then appears in my dream, so I am subconsciously hearing what is being said, even though I'm asleep, and it is integrated into my dream. (sorry, its difficult to explain) anyway, I believe this is what you experienced.
mrfknbee (39 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-03-09)
So were you awake when you heard someone was asking if you were awake and to come to the door. How did you know that you got up to go to the door and where did you go from there and finally were you awake when you heard them say shes already asleep. Thanks
lilu_love (2 posts)
-2
10 years ago (2014-03-09)
A lot of times when you dream about houses or the place you live in, it is a representation of your brain. Opening the door is allowing whatever it is into you. It may or may not be a good experience but do whatever you feel is right.
kellbear (2 stories) (17 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-03-09)
I really don't know what you experienced. It was very interesting and I really enjoyed reading it. I'm sorry I am unable to offer any help.
spiritwaiting (42 stories) (843 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-03-09)
o-chibi, I agree with clark200666, It sounds a lot like an out of body experience, although it also possibly be a visitation. Has anything similar happened since? Have you asked any of the other tenants had the same experiences?
clark200666 (3 stories) (14 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-03-09)
I think it might just be an out-of-the-body experience, I never had them, but the description seems a bit similar

-Clark

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: