You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Invisible Hand

Real Ghost Stories

Invisible Hand

 

In October 2010, we moved to Jakarta, Indonesia. We found this apartment which was in an old building but had spacious rooms and beautiful gardens. Soon after settling down we got a domestic helper who used to cook, clean and iron. She, as a live-in helper, had a room which was outside the apartment. There was a bell in kitchen in case we need her while she was in her room.

So, the things started when one morning my helper asked me that why we called her at 2am. I was quite surprised and politely replied that we were all asleep and no one did but she was adamant. She told me that there was a constant bell from 2am and she came out of her room and waited for us to open the door. We ignored it by thinking she was a young girl, maybe she heard something in her dream.

Gradually strange things started happening like the lamps in the living room would be automatically turned on every morning or the main door unlocked. My husband started complaining that I was being careless about things. Then, one day after the kids left for school, I turned on my laptop to check my emails. There was this entangled string lying beside the laptop. While typing the emails, I felt something moving. I slightly turned my gaze and to my surprise, I saw the entangled string was opening in front of my eyes. I was speechless and frozen, it was as if someone had been carefully trying to open it. I couldn't move, I wanted to run but couldn't get up and in front of my eyes that ball of string was straightened up by an invisible hand.

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, amber73, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

amber73 (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-03-10)
I personally feel, that those entities wanted to show their presence and afterwords there were series of incidents. However they never meant to harm us. I will soon write more about them. Thanks
amber73 (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-03-10)
Hi! Thanks for your comments. I have two teenage children who stay with me in the same apartment. I actually don't know much about the history of that apartment although I tried to ask the administration of the building but their response was very cold. I am very new to this world of Paranormal, never had any experience before so honestly speaking I still have no clue about it.
Griff84 (5 stories) (289 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-03-10)
Again I say it was just an initial opinion, but I do believe the same 'entity' can throw things around the room, turn lamps on and off, shake beds and all the stereotypical activity, and then move on to delicately move and untangle a ball of string. I am no expert, but I don't think they are limited to either / or. Also, if a teen was the focal point for the activity, they don't seem to have to be present in the building for activity to occur according to various accounts.
basilisk193 (35 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-03-10)
If you are asking for a young adult or teenager, I think the domestic helper is.
But I don't think it's the case. That kind of poltergeist activity is much less delicate than straightening a ball of string (just simply pulling/lifting objects) and should require the responsible teenager to be at the scene.
Griff84 (5 stories) (289 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-03-10)
Hi amber73, welcome to YGS.

This sounds like poltergeist activity. Is there a young adult / teenager living in the house, or have you, or anyone else living there been through a stressful time recently. This is not defiantly what the cause is, its just my initial thoughts and feelings.

Thanks

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: