You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Welcome Home

Real Ghost Stories

Welcome Home

 

About 4 years ago I used to live in an apartment complex on Williamson Avenue with my parents and two sisters. I've posted a story or two about the place and we never stopped having activity until we moved out.

About two years into living there we starting having some spiritual activity. It was mostly things getting moved and footsteps. My stepdad is big into the paranormal and wanted to see more activity. Every night he would come home from work around 1 am and start taking pictures of orbs.

Most of the activity was in my parents' room until he started acknowledging them. I started to see more activity in my room. My stepdad made it his goal to see more activity and he got what he wanted.

We started having stuff get thrown off of shelves and doors slam shut. I was starting to get worried when he would start cussing and yelling at the spirits. Eventually we had activity in every room. I finally had enough and moved in to my girlfriend's place.

I didn't visit that house until 2 months later. My mom and family were at the store even though they said they were home. They kept the door unlocked for me so I walked on in. I didn't realize they were gone because I heard footsteps upstairs. I kept calling everyone's name but go no response. I walk upstairs and look into my mom's room. I saw white wispy smoke filling the room and her rocking chair up in front of TV. That was one of the things the spirits liked to do was move my mom's rocker in front of the TV. I felt a negative presence and got out of the house. I told my mom what I saw and she just laughed. They were so used to activity.

I moved back in with my girlfriend so she could go to a better school. My mom said the activity stopped. The very first night of sleeping in my old bedroom I had an experience. I was laying in my bed facing the ceiling when I saw a tall shadow figure stare at me from the side of my bed. When I noticed it the spirit run from the side of my bed to behind my headboard and vanish. I told my mom about the experience and she confessed to me that the activity never stopped, it got worse. We all moved out about a month later.

On the last day my mom was home alone. She was upstairs in her bedroom and heard a knock at the door. She went downstairs to see what it was and found no one at the door. Just as she walked back up to her room all the doors, cabinets and drawers open and slam shut repeatedly. She said the water in every sink turned on and every light was flickering. She ran outside and waited for my stepdad to come home. Williamson was a scary house to live in and a big reason why I believe in the paranormal.

Other hauntings by Baronessie

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Illinois

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Baronessie, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Swimsinfire (11 stories) (556 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-03-10)
Bless your heart, that really sounds rough. I'll bet your dad's a lot nicer to the spirit world low than he used to be. 😊 Hope all is well now.
Drowning_Sadness (1 stories) (9 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-03-10)
Did you research the history of the house at any point? It's interesting that the activity slowly increased so I wonder if it was spirits attached to the home or if your stepdad was just attracting random spirits with his attempts.
Griff84 (5 stories) (289 posts)
+2
10 years ago (2014-03-10)
Yeah it seems to me your stepdad made a couple of mistakes, firstly trying to make contact, in a lot of cases I have read, this can make things worse and secondly yelling insults at them (I believe treat others as you want to be treated, whether they are alive or dead)

I would also love to know if the activity died down again when new tenants moved in.

Thanks for sharing 😊
mrfknbee (39 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-03-09)
I can tell by every word your telling the truth as it shows you've had a rough time and your emotion and fear of that house show too. Hoping alls good for you and your family now and yous can finally chill in peace
spiritwaiting (42 stories) (843 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-03-09)
Baronessie, Your family was extremely brave to. Continue to live in the house. And yeah it sounds like your dad really got what he asked for. This was a terrifying story, because it puts me back into my childhood home. Thankfully you all moved and are ok.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: