You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: Trying To Communicate?

Real Ghost Stories

Trying To Communicate?

 

I've had a few strange things happen without explanation, and I think it might be spirits trying to communicate with me. The first was when I was about 11 years old.

It was a few days after Christmas, and since there was no school I often stayed up late watching TV in the living room. This specific night, I was playing a game on the computer. I got up to get a drink from the kitchen, which wasn't too far because my family lived in an apartment at the time. When I was walking to the desk I heard movement, next thing I knew a toy car that my brother had got for Christmas drove in a circle around me and through my legs. It was a battery operated remote control race car. However, there were no batteries in it, because my parents had purchased the wrong kind. I ran to my room, terrified. The next morning I told my parents what happened, they agreed it was very strange, but didn't say much after that. The next day my Dad learned that his cousin had passed away after a long battle with cancer the previous night.

Another time was a few years later, we had moved into a house. It was a weekend night and I was up, again on the computer, and my mom was about to head upstairs. Suddenly there was a knock at the front door. Three clear knocks. My mother and I exchanged looks, we both heard the knocking. My mom went to the front door and I followed behind her. There's a long window beside the door, so we looked out and didn't see anyone. My mom opened the door and looked outside, but couldn't see anyone around. It was winter, and the front steps were covered in snow, I noticed something. "There are no footprints," I told my mom. A few days later another relative died.

Now, there have been many times when people died without warning, but those times it did were very coincidental. Is this spirits way of saying goodbye?

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Canada

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, ashmayhew, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Triskaideka (2 stories) (388 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-03-13)
Very interesting. Well, thumping at the front door, especially if there was snow outside, could have just been icicles or snow from the room falling down loudly, or a small animal thumping against the door, or even just the sound of materials contracting and resettling in colder temperatures.

But I can't think of any non-paranormal explanation for the toy car other than someone buying the appropriate batteries and pranking you, but if you personally think that wasn't likely, I won't question you.

It seems to be pretty normal for certain people to hear goodbyes from loved ones. It may not be all the time. I sometimes wonder if a person has to believe in ghosts in order to become one so they can pass on messages before moving on. In any case, I cannot say with absolute certainty (since I've not experienced it), but I do believe that it's possible your loved ones said goodbye. 😊 It's certainly a nice thought, and I can't imagine any other paranormal explanation.
Griff84 (5 stories) (289 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-03-13)
Hi ashmayhew, these a very odd occurrence's. Were the people who sadly passed away after each event especially close to someone in you immediate family unit? I know most family are close, but I mean would they especially want to say goodbye to someone in your household?

The only things that initially come to mind are the car could have had some charge left in it from when it was tested at the factory, which was released in front of you (perhaps a long shot) and the knocking which you thought was the front door was perhaps from some other area, maybe from next door?

Thanks for posting, I enjoyed reading it.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: