You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Man At The Door

Real Ghost Stories

The Man At The Door

 

When I was younger, at about the age of 5, I wasn't scared of spirits. I wasn't scared until I encountered one for myself. Here is my story.

My childhood bedroom was connected to my parents'. They took off the door in case of an emergency. Every night I would have a dream. The same dream. I was running down a hall, and a black figure was chasing me, and just before he would catch me, I would wake up. I couldn't go to sleep for days at a time so I started sleeping in my parents' room. The dreams stopped, but whenever I would enter my room I would feel a presence watching me. I tried to tell my parents that I was being watched, and that the man was watching me, but my mom told me it was a figment of my imagination.

One night as I was sleeping I awoke for no reason, and standing at the door to my bedroom was the black figure. We exchanged a constant stare. I tried to wake my mom, and just before she awoke, he disappeared. I haven't seen the man since, but every time I go to my old room, I get the feeling someone is watching me. Whenever I take a shower I feel as if someone is outside the shower waiting for me. Whenever I go into the room I feel as if someone is under the bed.

The spirit makes noises, but never shows himself. Is he evil, or is he my silent guardian? I will never know. I hope that I am not the only one that has had these experiences.

Please comment if you have had a similar experience. I need to know that I am not alone. This is my story, and I hope that you all believe in me, and that others will have had these experiences as well.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Illinois

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, ghhaunted, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

basilisk193 (35 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-03-15)
The experience is limited to just your bedroom and the bathroom? Are those 2 rooms close? You don't feel anything in your parents' bedroom? It's important to determine the entity's territory and since when it has been there.
If you feel uncomfortable about the dreams and his presence, he is definitely not a good thing to have near by. There isn't clearly defined black and white, one's guardian spirit can be pretty malevolent to another (I used to know a woman who was tormented for a long time by her husband's guardian spirit - also her grand mother-in-law) but you should try to negate its impact by staying away from it and don't think about it much before you can convince your parents to do a proper cleansing.
Ghostexpert101 (14 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-03-15)
It can hurt you it is an evil entity it will follow you it happened to my friend befote but he commited suiside
hmb2002 (5 stories) (25 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-03-15)
hi. I have not personally had this experience before, but I know someone who has. They had a reoccurring dream. And one of those nights she happened to wake up and the 'thing' from her nightmares was standing at the foot of her bed. She screamed and right before her dad walked into the room, the thing disappeared. I do not know if it was evil or not, I just know that you might need to be careful in case it is. I do not think it can physically hurt you if it is only in your dreams. Have you had the dreams since? You are not alone, and honestly I think you have nothing to worry about. Thanks for the great story, I really enjoyed it!

😉 🤔 🤔

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: