You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: Dreams of the Deceased

Real Ghost Stories

Dreams of the Deceased

 

A couple days ago, I had a dream about a girl I went to school with that is deceased. In my dream there were a ton of people in a building. I felt like I knew all of them, yet I didn't recognize them. Different people would come up to me and start talking. Then the girl that I knew came up and she asked me how I was doing and said she hadn't seen me in awhile. We talked for a little bit.

I asked her what she has been up to and she said she has been "working on her family". Then a boy came up to me and started talking to me and gave me a hug. He looked so much like my husband's deceased cousin that I never met. The whole time I was with him, he was so nice to me. It felt like I knew him as well, but I didn't know who he was. Near the end of the dream, he gave me another hug and he told me that he would see me again really soon.

I don't know why I had that dream. I have a lot of weird dreams that usually mean something. Most of the time they don't make sense until later on. What I would like to know is if anyone else has this same kind of thing happening to them. Do any of you ever have dreams about someone deceased or even just a dream that means something? I know that my mom's friend and my dad experience this kind of thing all the time. So at least I know that I am not dealing with this completely alone.

Other hauntings by amyradvan

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from South Carolina

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, amyradvan, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-14)
As this story seems to have "run it's course" I am not sure you will read these comments, amyradvan, but for what it is worth, here is mine.
I would agree wholly with Abby. In fact, that is what I was going to share with you.
I have a friend in the UK who KNOWS that when these experiences happen, he simply "changes" the "dream".
There are times in which he is simply astrally traveling and meets up with a few souls that need help to the Other Side. When THAT happens, he just leads the way.
There are other times in which he knows that he is just visiting. In THAT case, he simply enjoys the encounter and asks all involved to please keep him in their prayers.
This friend of mine can also visit with LIVE people during his sleep. In fact, if the person is receptive enough, he can have a visit just as if he had come knocking on the door and was granted entrance into the home for a cup of tea. He is an excellent teacher, and a good friend.
I am pretty positive that what we experienced was NOT a dream. I was granted knowledge, and was told a few people to seek out. And when I did, all the REST of the answers from that meeting just kind of slipped into place.
Thank you.
newtck (1 stories) (5 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-13)
You know... I have dreams of the same also. It's weird, but I always feel reassured, due to the fact I always get to say what I didn't get to say in the end.
sbl_toro (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-25)
I also have had some dreams with the dead. I found that after I wake I feel very happy. I like to think that it is the dead coming to talk to us, to let us know that they are ok. I recently had a dream with a friend that was murdered and that he came to visit me, I remember asking him a bunch of questions like if he liked it where he was and if he was happy, and some other questions that can't remember at the moment but I do remember that he answered every question the same. He kept saying I'm fine. I also noticed not just with this dream but with the others that when it is time for them to leave I notice that they seem like they just have a short time with me and they really have to go. I sometimes wonder if maybe God gives them a little while to come and say hi to the living. 😕 😊
Glikia13 (1 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-13)
I had a very similar dream. I was in a very busy airport, people moving in all directions. Me and a group of others were just standing and watching people coming and going. Then I noticed a deceased man that I love very much. He was in a group heading to my right. When he saw me, he stopped, smiled and hugged me. I told him I miss him and then he asked "Why don't you come with me?" and then became a little sad and said "Oh, no, you cannot". And that was it. I woke up very touched.
What is with the deceased wanting to hug us anyway? I see it's a quite frequent dream.
FRAWIN (guest)
 
16 years ago (2007-12-15)
Hello amyradvan, Everybody dreams, some dreams don`t mean anything, just bits and pieces thrown together by your mind trying to tell you a story. Other dreams however means a great deal, I think they are the "other side" trying to communicate with you while you are in a highly receptive state. LISTEN to Abby because something tells me she has a handle on this.

FRAWIN 😊 May God Bless YOU
Annie (202 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-10-26)
ThaiFemme, I'm so sorry to of your loss. I know firsthand how difficult it is to lose a sister. My thoughts are with you. It does get easier to cope with the loss over time. ❤
ThaiFemme (2 stories) (5 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-10-26)
amyradvan,

My sister passed away a few weeks ago. I have dreams about her everyday now. Since I am constantly thinking about my sister, she is going to appear in my dreams. At first they were very scary and morbid dreams because her death is somewhat unexplainable. The autopsy report said it was an accidental overdose. Now the dreams don't scare me and the dreams are becoming more reasonable. For example, last night I dreamed that my sister moved into my condo with me and had set up her makeup in my spare bedroom. Then my mother decided to move in with me since my sister was around again. It was weird! But at the same time it's refreshing to just see her face.

You possibly thought of this friend of yours recently. Maybe you saw something that day that reminded you of her, and same goes for your husbands deceased cousin. ❤ ❤
Abby (710 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-09-22)
Dear amyradvan,

You are not alone, everyone dreams.

In my opinion, dreams are really the times we get out of our physical body and go to the other side where we can experience seeing loved ones or other people we have known in this physical world. It is also a time to catch up with all those who are on the other side that are not in this present physical world, but are just waiting for us to join them on the other side, at our shared level of energy and awareness.

If you research dreams and dream travel you will find that there is a whole world open to you and everyone; where our true soul exists in its true home. Dream travel helps us to learn for our personal growth and knowledge, to work out physical world problems, to visit different levels of awareness, dimensions, possibilities, past, present, future and other worlds filled with other beings, and yes, to even allows us to visit who we feel created us per our present, physical world belief system. Dreams are our true state, this reality is but only one possibility of one world, one self and one part of our multi-dimensional self.

I do believe the best person to interpret a dream is the dreamer. Happy dreams. --Abby
Bellissima (12 stories) (792 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-09-21)
Hi amyradvan, when you were dreaming, were you aware that the people you were speaking with were deceased, or did you realize it upon waking? I'm curious because I had a very detailed conversation with my deceased brother-in-law in a dream. I was totally aware during the dream that he was dead, he looked as he did in his casket but he was just as solid as I am, we even spoke of how he felt now that he had passed away. It was the most vivid and realistic dream I've ever had. It was just like any conversation I'd ever had with him in life and didn't feel the least bit unusual. It was the only such dream I've ever had. I am not one to remember any dreams I have, except for a small bit here and there just after I wake up and they never stay with me for long. My dream experience has stayed with me for years now and I can still recall it with almost perfect clarity. I haven't heard much about this sort of thing either and I found your story very interesting. Thanks for sharing it and bearing with my comment. 😊
Helen_Hamster (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-09-21)
i had a dream like this when I was about 7, I was miles away from my grandmother and id been telling my mum I missed her and our dogs. That same night I dreamt of my grandmother sat with both our dogs laying beside her. She was saying "im okay don't worry about me, ill still be here when you get back" but as the dream ended she told me something that I can't remember to this day but I woke up calling out her name.

ill never forget that dream.
Kev (1 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-09-18)
Hi,

I'm currently conducting research on this very phenomenon. Would you be interested in talking about it to me?

I can be reached at kev at streamsofconsciousness dot org.

I've had a number of these sorts of dreams myself.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: