You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Jinn in Childhood

Real Ghost Stories

Jinn in Childhood

 

Here's a few of my other encounters that I've had a while back. All of them mostly happened in my younger days, but I almost always had a witness. When I was younger I used to spend my weekends at my cousin's house. During one of my first visits there he said to me, "Weird stuff happens here around 12:00 a.m..." I really didn't believe him, but at 12:04 I had my first ghost (jinn) encounter.

The living room layout had the kitchen door behind and to the right of the couch. In the kitchen there was a cabinet with a glass front that reflected the whole kitchen. During that time we heard a cabinet door open and shut then we heard a bunch open and shut over and over, but we were looking at the reflection and saw nothing moving. We hopped over the couch and ran into the kitchen to find nothing moving and the noise had stopped. That's not the best story in the world, but it was my first and I had a witness.

One other one was a shorter one that involved a friend of mine at my grandmother's house. Her house is old so the floors creak and the kitchen is beside the living room almost the same room. One night we were laying on two separate couches and talking to each other when we heard footstep creaks walking into the kitchen. We thought it was her so said, "Hey grandma...hey?" We got no reply and no light ever came on we then looked up and no one was there.

The last one I am going to say is my best one besides my motorcycle one I already posted. One night we were at my same grandmother's house. My cousin (Chance) from above and my other cousin (Marcus) are the people in this story. There is a vacant trailer that is beside my grandmother's house and at the time I lived in it... sadly. We were young and wanted to check it out at night. Marcus went in first, Chance went in second and I trailed.

I was the lookout in case anyone came. On the way towards the back past the kitchen is my room then my sister's room. Marcus went to the far back towards my sister's room and Chance walked my room and found an old train toy. He opened my door and threw it in and closed the door. I was almost behind him at the time and we decided nothing was going on so we were going to leave. On our way out Chance passed my old door and at that time the door opened and the toy flew past his head! We freaked out and took off running and didn't go back in there at night anymore. I still feel weird going in there sometimes. I believe it's more of a jinn messing with us than anything.

Thanks for your time, >^.^< -DahnXI

Other hauntings by Dahnxi

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Louisiana

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Dahnxi, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

CrimsonTopaz (1 stories) (239 posts)
 
10 months ago (2023-07-03)
Dahnxi, You've probably stopped checking for messages - I was going to suggest that Bhoothunter read this story and some other old posts on Jinns, as they may have similarities and be of help.
Bhoothunter you've left suddenly so there's no point in me suggesting that.
Lovely LadyGlow, yippe - I can finally vote for you and Tweed again. This system is far too clever for me. I have no idea how the point system works, but regardless, I can vote again.
alkra (1 stories) (3 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-01-12)
um...not to be rude and if I'm wrong sorry but from what I know jinn's are magical creatures that grant wish and co-exist with humans... And may also be invoked by a human... Well as there are many different opinions here I'm guessing that the definition of jinn vary's from religion to religion... 🤔
cmordies (11 posts)
+2
15 years ago (2009-08-21)
this is to Qtgrly111
Jinns are the muslim and islam demons they come out at night they have red eyes and claws
Muslim and islam people never go to the bathroom (toilet)
In the night when there's a full moon there's a story about a girl that went into the bathroom at night when there was a full moon and she went crazy
Jinns can also possese or horass you my friend said to me they can't posses christian people (me) but shes not sure...
Emma2008 (4 stories) (110 posts)
+2
16 years ago (2008-08-06)
Most people are quick to judge their "spirit" encounters with having to do with a deceased spirit who has unfinished business. Jinns are spirits that were never human to begin with. There are good jinns and bad jinns and they live among us. I believe that jinns account for most of the explanations of the paranormal encounters discussed on this site.
hamza (3 posts)
+2
16 years ago (2008-08-06)
Jinns are a creation by God. There are good jinns and bad jinns (demons) They can take on the form of any shape and are made of smokeless fire. When people say they saw a ghost or an alien, a possible explanation is that it was a jinn.
Not_scared_anymore (1 stories) (31 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-04)
jinn is demons or bad creatures what we call in islam.
Not a ghost. I guess the "term demon" would be the most fitting.
Hunters (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-23)
ooh I think that was very scary, but I got no advice:)
i also would know how you feel because I have had the same experience. And my problem just went away after 5 months.
Truly,
Hunters 😲 😨 😨
PrincessKatie (7 stories) (420 posts)
+2
17 years ago (2007-09-28)
Hi yeah someone walks in my parents bedroom but no one is there it makes the creaking noise like when someone is walking round in the bedroom. How do you know it was a jinn though. A jinn is like a ghost but scares you instead. They can live up to 800-1000 years this boy thinks I experienced one a nice one. I see shadows of boxes, doors and half moons. I can also see though things such as walls and doors at night. I think you story in interesting thanks for sharing it with us.
Dahnxi (2 stories) (2 posts)
+2
17 years ago (2007-09-22)
I, myself, am really not into the whole jinn thing. I was just writing this with a close friend beside me and he kind of preached the jinn thing and wanted me to out jinn in the story. His definition of jinn is too long to rememeber. I would have personally written ghost and that would be it. I just did it so he would stop talking about them.

I'm sorry if it caused confusion. I only googled jinn because I'm not that familiar with them nor will I pretend to be. I prefer the term 'Ghost' encounter or spirit rather than jinn. The only definitons I could really give you are the ones you could search and they'd explain it better anyway. It's interesting to read, but it's a hard concept to swallow. Anyway I hope you at least enjoyed the stories. 😉
Abby (710 posts)
+2
17 years ago (2007-09-22)
Dear Dahnxi,

It is interesting you have had so many ghostly experiences. I am however confused by your term ghost (jinn) encounter. Funny how the jinn just show up right after a Hada encounter of jinn? It would be helpful if you would clarify which one it is, ghost or jinn and give a description of a jinn as well for the readers. Yes, I know the definitions, but each person has a different perception of definition outside of wikipedia and such. I thought this was a ghost story and ghost site. ;) Ghost or Jinn rummy anyone? :) Interesting stories and venues. Not by the hair of my jinny jinn jinn would I drink a fifth of gin as I had a enough.--Abby
Qtgrly111 (2 stories) (58 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-09-21)
I have read your other story and but not for a while could I have a quick reminder of what a jinn is.
Thanks

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: