You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Being Pulled Out Of My Body And Other Experiences

Real Ghost Stories

Being Pulled Out Of My Body And Other Experiences

 

This is a bit of a complicated one, and I would greatly appreciate any feed back on it.

I've moved up to northern Canada (I know, I move a lot) into a very spiritually active house which I actually didn't to know about before I moved here, but that's beside the point. So I've seen and heard a lot of strange things since moving up here, which was around the end of September. I've seen some very odd and out of the ordinary things which is one of the reasons why I'm posting this, and we'll get to the other one later on.

First of all, we know that we have a male spirit in the house who is kind of a grumpy old man. He smokes, is fairly short and stout, and has grey/brown hair. My younger brother is very, very spiritually aware (he's 3, we're hoping he doesn't grow out of it) and so he just randomly announces these things.

My favourite/least favourite moment was about 2 weeks after I moved in, when I was putting him to bed. He started to giggle like crazy and said, "Uncle Andrew says he loves you." My uncle Andrew passed away 2 months before my brother was born... I nearly burst into tears and couldn't speak for a few minutes, during which Elliott told me that uncle Andrew didn't want me to cry, that he knew how sad I was and that he was sorry (Andrew committed suicide).

We also have another male spirit who is just kind of a wanderer. None of us have ever seen him properly, he's one of those shadow ghosts that you catch out of the corner of your eye. He's very tall though (in comparison to the doorframes) and he likes to peek at you from around the corner when you're sitting watching TV in the basement. Those are our two resident ghosts, but we've had some other odd encounters.

My little brother mentioned one day that he was seeing a white dragon that sits in the corner of his room above his door at night and keeps him safe while he sleeps. Now I dismissed it, because of the word dragon... But coming up the stairs one night to go to the bathroom I very clearly saw something white at about floor level disappear into Elliott's closed room.

We've only ever felt threatened by one spirit in this house, who Elliott called 'the man', and we had a local spiritual healer come in and do a smudging after asking it to leave didn't work. After the smudging we've never had any problems with him again.

We've also had a lot of animal spirits visit us, which is a bit unusual for me, as I'm used to human spirits only. My brother frequently tells us that he's playing with Bear, who is a big black dog that his dad used to have when he was a little boy. I see a grey cat in the basement who likes to bug my dogs. She likes to weave herself in between them while they're eating their dinner. That's when I most frequently have seen her. I've also woken up to the sound of purring near my ear, and we don't actually have a cat here as my stepfather is allergic.

One of our spirits have figured out how to turn our kitchen sink on, and the tub in the bathroom as well. One of my favourite moments is when we had an automatic soap dispenser. I was sitting in the bathroom with the kids while they had their bath, and all of a sudden the soap dispenser starts to pour out soap. At first I figured it was just something in front of it, so I got up to move it and in front of it, I walked right into a cold spot. I immediately apologized (it is rather rude to walk through people) and sat back down after moving the nozzle over the sink so it didn't make a huge mess. It did it a few more times and then stopped.

Now, onto the truly weird thing that I have many many questions about. Has anyone ever experienced something trying to tug you out of your body? Not like a body part being touched, but feeling like a rope is tied to your soul, and someone or something is pulling on that rope. I've been feeling that two or three times a night for the last couple of nights, and it's really very odd.

Now I have projected myself into another person's dream before without meaning to, but I was fulling awake for all of these experiences. Once I was in the middle of texting someone, and another time I was brushing my teeth. Has anyone else experienced this? I don't feel a presence when it's happening, and I don't feel cold spots or hot spots or really anything out of the ordinary other than that tugging feeling. If anyone has any ideas, please share, because it's really odd, and honestly makes me uncomfortable.

Any feed back will be welcomed, on either the stories, or the weird soul pulling thing.

Thanks for reading and Goddess Bless.

TLBD

Other hauntings by TheLightBeforeDawn

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Canada

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, TheLightBeforeDawn, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

WiniPu4 (207 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-01-02)
Hello:
I have experienced being pulled; in fact, just last night. I normally now pray before sleeping for protection.
I also have experienced dreaming "inside" others, and know things I could not have otherwise known. I just chalk this up to a "gift" from above.
Over time I have simply learned to accept these experiences unless I feel uncomfortable. How we handle these things depends upon our spiritual and religious understanding.
Kind Regards,
Lynev
girlcatblox (16 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-08-14)
It must be awesome having a brother who can do that! I want one. 😉
TheLightBeforeDawn (5 stories) (41 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-04-07)
Trey: I've actually gotten some books from the library and have been talking to a couple of local people who know about this sort of thing, or at least say they do. So far I've only had it a couple more times, and it hasn't been as strong as it was those first few times. I've taken some steps against it now, seeing as it's very disorienting when it happens, especially when I'm standing up.

Twelveam: it's definitely genetic, because lots of women in my family have had very powerful spiritual experiences. Some have lost it as they aged, while some have only gotten stronger. I think it depends on the environment that you were raised in with it. If you push it away, it seems to go away, or at least isn't able to become stronger. We are definitely encouraging Elliott with it, but only time will tell.

Katfromthepast22: if you want to shoot me an email, it's posted on my profile on here. I have some links to send you if you're interested. I have a suspicion that Trey and 12 are right with the astral projection. I've just never experienced it before.

Mysmarple: these things have happened to me when I have been very awake. I have experienced being in another persons dream world before, but I was and am very close to them, and they called for me in their dream, which actually allowed me to enter into their dreams. It was truly very interesting, and we both mentioned it to each other just casually because it was completely unintentional on both parts.

Triskaideka: I just explained to mysmarple about my dream contact, and I had actually been wondering about that. I was at that time very far away from my significant other, and he was on a different time zone, so I wondered if it had been him subconsciously trying to contact me.

And finally HoppingCorpse: oyster from a shell is a dead on description, except it feels more gentle. I'm not being forcefully pulled, but almost encouraged and helped out of my body. I have a feeling when I actually do leave my body, the last feeling I will have is that release after being suction cupped to something.
HoppingCorpse (2 stories) (42 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-03-31)
I remember the sensation of "pulling" happening to me only once, while laying in bed awake. The sensation of being pulled apart from body, a bit like raw oyster being pulled apart from its shell, was very alarming for me. It felt like it was not by my own will but someone or something was trying to get me out of my body. How do you feel when you experience the pulling?
Triskaideka (2 stories) (388 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-03-30)
I have indeed experienced that and it's usually in reaction to someone trying to contact me, in my experience. I've also signaled friends of mine, somehow, and they know I want to talk. But I never try to tug anyone around. Something tugging at you in that way is not a living breathing human being, I suspect. This site has a sister site, I noticed a while back. You ought to inquire there as well. Http://www.psychic-experiences.com/
Mysmarple (1 stories) (13 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-03-29)
I think when this happens people are just dreaming. I have had I guess what people call wakingdreams and deja vu which I think are not paranormal in nature--just unexplainable. The mind is a powerful force and there a lot of things about the mind that is quite strange.
Katfromthepast22 (13 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-03-28)
hi, thelightbeforedawn. I have also expierienced similar things like the texting and then suddenly brushing your teeth thing. I haven't quite figured out what it is yet, but I will contact you as soon as I do.

- R.J ❤
twelveam (74 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-03-28)
Thelightbeforedawn,

I think trey hit it on the head with astral projection! I have had 2 experiences myself and know how it feels. True, you can possess the gift and learn how to control and work with it. The fact that this has happened to you awake or asleep tends to make me feel that you have a strong connection with the other world naturally. I would suggest getting some books or look on the internet to learn more about it.

Many of the things happening in the house seem to be connected with Elliott and his natural gift also. It's no surprise that your brother AND YOU have the abilities, because, a great deal of professionals say that those "gifts" are genetic. It certainly doesn't sound like anything spiritual surrounding you in the house is negative energy, with the exception of "the man", and I don't know to what extent he bothers you but maybe he is a soul that may still need to crossover. Contacting a medium would help out a lot in your situation.

Great story! I hope to hear from you again soon with some positive news! Take care!
Trey (3 posts)
+2
10 years ago (2014-03-27)
Hi Lightbeforedawn,

Sounds to me like the pulling thing isn't entity related, but possibly a manifestation of a latent "psychic" ability. You say you have projected into others dreams? Was it a fluke or a conscious act? Have you ever astral projected before?

It sounds like this may be an ability you possess, that is manifesting as you sleep. If this is the case it may be manifesting like this because you are not familiar with it or how to control it. Definitely learn more about it.

I would advise proceeding with caution, as while astral travel isn't necessarily dangerous, it can be, especially when you are new to it. Trust your intuition and don't do anything that makes you uncomfortable. You could try "grounding" your energy to prevent this tugging feeling, focusing on your physical bodies energy connecting with the physical earth and vise versa.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: