You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Hot-spring Hotel, And My Mom's Story

Real Ghost Stories

Hot-spring Hotel, And My Mom's Story

 

I am Taiwanese, my English is not very well, if the words fail to express what is meant, please pardon me.

My story happened 3 years ago, it is in Chinese new year, my parents and I went to a hot-spring hotel to enjoy the vacation.

The structure of our room is interesting, it is a mezzanine, the second floor is a normal bedroom including a TV and a double bed, the first floor has two part, one is a Japanese-style room, another is a big bathroom including toilet, shower and a big hot-spring bathtub, the point is there is no partition between the two part, you can see the whole bathroom at the Japanese-style room,, but there is a curtain separating each other.

Things happened in the night, my father and I slept on second floor, my mother slept on the shakedown in Japanese-style room, when I went out of bed to pee at dawn, I found my mom wasn't in the Japanese-style room, when I came back to second floor, I saw my mom was sleeping near double bed.

In the morning we woke up, we asked my mom why she went to sleep on second floor at night?

She appeared to be mysterious and nervous, and didn't say anything, she insisted that she would tell us after leaving the room.

When we ate breakfast at restaurant, she told the thing happened to her:

Last night she was a little difficult to sleep, because there were noise of firecrackers nearby (in our culture people play firecrackers in Chinese new year), eventually she fell asleep, then suddenly she felt a numbness from foot to head! It felt very bad, and it is hard for her to move her body.

So my mom started to read six-word spell of Buddhism in silence, it didn't improve the situation, and she started to read with sounds, Then she could move her body, she daren't open eyes, just grabbed the bedquilt and rushed to the second floor.

After the story, my dad and I laughed at her, because it seems that she experiences paranormal events frequently in our family, such as, when my mom was a child, one day she peed in a bamboo forest, at the time she saw a little Japanese child with kimono watching her, and then disappeared, but at that time Japanese colonizers retreated from our country at least 20 years ago.

Another thing happened to my mom when she was young, one night she walked home from train station, when she walked on a bridge, she felt she was be stuck! Many bicycles and cars passed through her normally, but she just walked around, couldn't leave that bridge, finally she came home, it was late for 2 hours! (we called this situation "ghost obstruct" in our country, it means there is a ghost trying to trap someone at a certain place)

After all my mom thought this event is the "ghost pressing bed" (it is a proper noun in our country too, It means like it's word, a ghost presses on a sleeping person, let him not move and talk), she said maybe someone died in that bathtub before, but we didn't think so.

In our culture if someone died in a hotel, the staff would put flowers or hide a Taoist magic figures in the room, but we didn't see anything like that, and besides my mom nothing happened to me and my dad, so we think it is more possible to be the sleep paralysis.

Nevertheless, afterwards I think it is not very well to sleep in that Japanese-style room too, just imagining someone sleeping there alone at night, open his eyes incidentally, see the curtain floating by wind nearby and the empty bathroom, it is truly horrible!

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, x77, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Zeromaru (guest)
+1
8 years ago (2016-01-28)
Was the hotel located at TaiZhong? I guess that room there was a historical building correct me if I was wrong...
Zander (7 stories) (139 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2015-10-04)
Fascinating. I like your story and your mom must be sensitive to the spirit world. She is probably powerful as well which is why the naughty entities sometimes try to confuse or interfere with her. I was wondering, would you please share the six-word spell of Buddhism with us? I once had a demon encounter in Tokyo (the story is on this site) and repelled it very similarly, first in silence, but with a Hindu prayer. Interesting about the small Japanese child in the forest, too. Thank you for sharing your story! Shei, sheini
notjustme (19 stories) (852 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-02-03)
Hi x77 - Funny, I read your story a long time ago and I thought I had commented but I guess not. Very fascinating story, especially the bridge part. I have heard of this too. I guess this is when they say a ghost is covering your eyes...scary!
savsavvy1023 (1 stories) (42 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-03-30)
First off your English is very well. To me it sounds like sleep paralysis. In America a lot of people think that it is astral projection, it is an out of body experience where you visit other places and other realms. My boyfriend who is from Mexico thinks that sleep paralysis is the hag and she jumps on you and paralyzes you, and that she is just seeking revenge. Really it is all about who you ask and what you think to be true.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: