You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Nightmares about Ghosts

Real Ghost Stories

Nightmares about Ghosts

 

For many years now, I have been plagued by nights of horrible dreams, many recurring with the same thing in common... Ghosts! They always scare me so much I often wake crying and drenched in sweat. The houses that I'm in (in my dreams) are always different but there are many similarities in my dreams.

First of all, I am always with other people, usually my friends, like it's a house party situation. Secondly the ghost always haunts only one room, and everyone present knows about the room and the ghost and avoids it, yet we talk about it when we are together and the strange things that happen because of the ghost. Thirdly I always end up alone in the room where the ghost haunts at some point, I never see the ghost, but I always feel the oppression and evil that it emits, I should say that she emits because the ghost is always a female.

I don't know if it's always the same ghost but I always get the same feelings of dread and fear when I'm alone. Another similarity in my ghost dreams is when I'm alone in the haunted room, I always try to get out but can't, I'm trapped, I call for my friends but it's like they've left me alone in this haunted place. My dreams have yet to progress to any harm caused to me by the ghost and I feel this is due to the fact that I am so scared and uncomfortable that I force myself to awaken, sometimes when I fall back asleep I go right back to where I've left off.

I usually have a dream like this at least once a month and I can't understand why? Who is this ghost woman, and why am I so afraid of her, why don't I fight her in my dreams? Why don't I try to figure what's going on? Why does it frighten me more than anything else I've experienced in real life or in other nightmares?

Other hauntings by tricia889

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Oregon

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, tricia889, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

tricia889 (4 stories) (23 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-10-15)
I just have an update, I haven't been on this site for a while but my ghost dreams keep continuing. The other night I dreamt that the same ghost was in a part of the house (not mine) that I didn't use because there was a ghost there, I asked my boyfriend to get something from that part of the house that I needed and he obliged. When he went into that part of the house, I watched him and saw the ghost rush at him. I yelled at her to leave him alone and she came at me. I started yelling (Ok this is sorta freaky and I'm not religious) "the power of Christ compels you, leave us alone!" I repeated this over and over again, until I woke myself up and when I woke up I was whispering it. Freaky, and weird I know...
Research (1 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-03-04)
Dear tricia,
I have a theory about your traumatic dreams. It says that your mind is playing this dream for you to forget it or overcome it. I am a part of a google project and wanted to interview you and use your case to prove my theory.
Please reply soon.
Thank you.
wonderkid (2 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-06)
sounds like your stuck in a nightmare loop.

when you have a nightmare that realy scares you you think about it a lot and from this it keeps happening.

Its basicly you seeing what you don't want to see in your dream

You have to remember that its your dream sometimes I forget that I'm in a dream but if you can remember that you can control it

Whatever you say in a dream is true say you needed something like a weapon or etc if someone is there you can ask them for any item and they will give it to you becus whatever you say is true
honnaryn (5 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-23)
i have had nightmares like that. They stopped when I moved but 6 months later I saw the ghost again
mike (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-09-26)
I can definitely relate to the recurring ghost dreams. I too have been having dreams about being in a old house my family lived in when I was younger. In my dreams the house either feels like a very familiar place but may not appear visually to be the same place as when I was living there. Also I can sense that there is something watching me, but I can never see what exactly it is. I can remember one very vivid dream where I was in this house and for some reason, every time I went into a particular room of the house, I would be overcome by the strangest feeling. I felt like the room was keeping me from turning around and walking back out the door I had just walked in. Almost like a magnet was keeping me from exiting though the door. I even felt as if I was awake but couldn't open my eyes during the whole event. These dreams come to me frequently and I've just learned to accept them as a fact of life. I believe it could be the cause of some traumatic experiences from when I was a child but am uncertain what exactly may have traumatized me.
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-09-26)
You are most welcome. If we can be of further assistance please let us know.

Peace, Love, and Luck be with you.
tricia889 (4 stories) (23 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-09-25)
thank you for your comments, I will keep updates when/if I dream of her again. Sincerly, Tricia
chunkygut1 (13 stories) (73 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-09-22)
I have dreams like that, like a few nights ago I had a dream that there was a young boy with his eyes ripped out living in my closet.

Anyway try shanes suggestions (I know I will) good luck. 😁
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-09-20)
Shane has given some wonderful suggestions, I would certainly try them. Also, pray, pray, pray. Place a Bible in your room with you.

It may be an entity that is trying to get in touch with you or through you that is manifesting in your dreams.

Keep us posted.

God Bless!
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-09-19)
Tricia, only you can answer your WHYs. But I may be able to give you some hows. Like how you maybe able to get a decent night sleep. How you could possibly rid your home of an unwanted spirit and things of those nature. First, thing you could try is burning lavander incense in your room before going to sleep at night, this should help. You can also try wearing a clear or smoked quartz crystal that has been cleansed and charged. To cleanse one, you can smudge it or run it in a clear running stream or river as you say a prayer over it. To charge it place it in the light of the sun daily. To rid your home of any unwanted spirits try a native smudge ceremony, it isn't expensive and usually works wonders. I have the directions for performing one here on this site in the articles section. Good luck to you and keep us informed.

Peace, Love, and Luck be with you.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: