You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Bang, Bang, Who's Banging On The Wall?

Real Ghost Stories

Bang, Bang, Who's Banging On The Wall?

 

This story is about my girlfriend's house once again.

A few weeks ago, when I stayed over at her house at the weekend as usual, we were sat downstairs at about 2am and we began to hear a banging sound, like someone hammering something onto a wall.

We were sat in her living room. They have two sofas - one below the window at the front of the house, and one against the wall that is directly connected to their neighbour Pauline's house. We were sat on the latter, and it was a definite loud, steady hammering sound. We sat there shocked into silence, listening. At one point, I began talking just for the sake of it, speaking as if there were another person there. Coincidentally or not, I'm unsure, but whenever I spoke, the hammering would either increase or decrease in loudness and tempo.

We couldn't ignore how strange it was that Pauline would be hammering at that time. She is apparently a kind woman who would have more respect than that, and besides, she was decorating the house and had only recently plastered that very wall, so we doubted she'd be hammering on it.

So what was making the noise?

I went home after our weekend together but continued talking to my girlfriend on my laptop like I usually do, until the early hours of the morning one day. She reported to me at around the same time again (2am) she heard the mysterious hammering noise starting up. I got goosebumps just reading the words on the screen.

For days after it continued to happen, until finally Jess cracked and told her dad. That's when we uncovered something that made both our bloods run cold.

Her dad (who is very familiar with paranormal experiences) had been hearing the exact same hammering sounds for the past 8 YEARS. DEFINITELY NOT PAULINE, THEN.

We just could not believe it, and we're still none the wiser as to what the sound is and who/what is causing it. However, just the other day I was sat on the same sofa with my girlfriend and her mum, and me and my girlfriend both picked up on a strange thumping sound coming from anywhere to the left of the living room (cellar, stairs, bathroom) and at first, I was sure it was their pet cat's tail banging against the back door like he usually does when he wants to come in. TWICE I made my girlfriend get up to check, and both times there was nothing there. We became convinced it was the cellar, as odd stuff has happened there and the sound would be most muffled like it was.

Can any of you please advise us on what the sounds could be? Maybe you've had/are having similar experiences? Please, we want to know we're not going crazy and these things have a cause. Thank you.

Other hauntings by lanapoll96

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, lanapoll96, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

evamangiaracina (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-08-04)
your girlfriens house is haunted I think. Maybe it was a bulider ir something who died during it idk
lanapoll96 (6 stories) (10 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-04-02)
[at] CornFlakes

Thank you for the comment, first of all. Secondly, when I stay at my girlfriend's again this weekend, we're going to conduct an experiment of sorts, see what we can capture. I'm hoping the banging starts again so I can record it. 😊
CornFlakes (1 stories) (18 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-04-02)
Maybe a builder or previous owner died while fixing something and still thinks he didn't finish his job and trying to finish it for the past eight years. I don't exactly know if residual stays that long but why don't you do an EVP and try to know something or just help him to move into the light?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: