You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Children Who See Spirits :: The Little Boy in the Night

Real Ghost Stories

The Little Boy in the Night

 

My son just turned 4, and we have rented a small duplex since he was a year old. He has always been reluctant to play in his room alone and would never give an answer as to why. Usually he falls asleep on the couch, and we carry him to his bed. We thought this was normal, as he doesn't want to miss anything.

For the past few weeks my son has been in my bed when I wake up. I don't usually hear him come in, but my husband does. It is always between 3:30 and 4 am. When asked why, my son says that he sees a little boy in his room. He says he thinks the little boy is a monster because he changes into something else. We are still unsure as to what the something else is. My son has told us stories about things moving under the bed, or in the closet, or "the noises" in his room. He tells us all the time that "the noises" in his room are back. I always thought I had a rational explanation for these things, either a tree outside, or squirrels in the attic, or the fan blowing the bed skirt. Now I am not so sure as to what these noises are.

Two nights ago my son was again in my room, and my husband had moved to the couch for lack of space in the bed. I woke up and my son was standing by the door holding on to it. I asked him what he was doing, to which he replied, "the door won't stop opening and closing". He was completely calm, not scared, just said this matter-of-factly. I told him it was ok, and he could lay back down my bed.

My son says the boy doesn't say anything to him, he is just there, and then he leaves. Since we have moved in, the windows in his room have always looked foggy and dirty. Cleaning them doesn't help either. That is the only room in the house that is like that. I also have to check his air conditioning vent often, because it keeps closing.

My husband says that he sometimes feels like their is a presence in the room with him when no one else is home. He did say that it doesn't feel evil or bad, just feels weird, like someone is watching him.

My cat, who I have had for many years won't come in the house anymore. She has always been an inside cat, but I would let her out from time to time to play. Now she stays outside.

I keep talking to my son about it, as I don't want him to be afraid. I don't want him to think that we don't believe him either. If there is ever an event where I feel anyone in my house is in danger, we will leave. For now things are calm, but as my son tells us more and more, I am afraid that we will notice more and more things that we may have been closed minded to before.

My own childhood as well as my mother's, and her mother's was riddled with ghost stories, and strange happenings. Maybe one day I will find the time to type them out here for everyone to read.

It makes me wonder how many children go through things like this and are discounted by their parents. I also wonder what it is that makes these children "grow out if it"? If anyone has any suggestions or comments on different methods of dealing with this issue please share.

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Texas

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Victoria, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

BornToBeWiccan (4 stories) (11 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-10-03)
i have heared children under the age of 5 are more prone because they're more innocent (I don't know the right word so for now ill use "innocent")because the soft spot on their head hasn't fully covered up yet (I don't know if it's true but that's what I've heared it could be under 7 or could even be not true at all) so they're targeted more by spirits then adults are because they've lost that innocence
PrincessKatie (7 stories) (420 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-09-26)
I know little kids have imaginary friends but to me it sounds like your son can see a ghost. I see ghosts and they don't talk they can't talk the can talk only in your dream. They do stare. 😐
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-09-24)
Some how I managed to miss this story. Victoria I apologize to you for my failure to read your story when it was published. Children do see things we as adults can not or will not. Most times adults also pass these events off as normal childhood fantasies or ways of getting extra attention. Once a child gets their mind polluted by the judgements of society the ability to see these spirits fades over time. To help your boy get some much needed rest I would suggest having your home blessed, or if you are of a more open minded nature a native smudge ceremony performed upon your family and the house. I have directions for one in the articles section of this site. This will help to release any negative energies trapped within your home and replace them with positive ones. Now this isn't a cure all end all solution as sometimes it requires more than once to completely rid the home of these negative ones. Another possible solution is the wearing of cleansed charged clear or smoked quartz crystals, these help to repel negative entities and could help with the sleep problem. One smaller yet equally powerful tool is salt. Sea salt works best, pour a small amount around your sons bed in a complete circle and that should keep any negative enegeries from getting near him of course if the ring is broken then they can enter. I hope I have given you something that you find works to your advantage. Please do keep us informed as to how things are going.

Peace, Love, and Luck be with you.
Abby (710 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-09-22)
Dear Victoria,

If you are concerned for your child's health and well-being you may wish to move as soon as possible. Otherwise, you may wish to exchange rooms with your child and allow your child the peace and quiet of uninterrupted sleep that he deserves.

Otherwise, as parents who know that there is something out of whack in your home, it is your responsibility as caretakers of your child to do the work and research to investigate all possible ways to rid your home of this uninvited ghost, spirit or entity. If after you have tried all things, and you cannot find peace and resolve in your present home, then by all means you should move.--Abby
Patrick2171 (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-09-20)
Well when I was young I was afraid to be in my room alone because well I didn't really feel alone I would sleep with my back against the wall and always watch my door but when I would have my mom come to me she would hold me until I fell asleep. What I'm saying is that as long as your son dosnt have a crib you should just lay with him until he falls asleep so he feels a little more safe. Another thing is you could lay awake with him and ask him from time to time is if he can see the boy and if he can you should check to where he is pointing or saying where the boy is so if you see the ghost boy and he is a mean ghost you can get out of there. These are just some stuff that worked for me and stuff that I thought up of let me know if it works. Bye
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-09-20)
thank you for sharing your story. I certainly would not dismiss your sons accounts either. It is obvious that something is waking him up and sending him into your room.

try putting a tape recorder in there at night, this may help you hear the'things under the bed' or any other disturbances in his room.

i to have heard that 3:00 am or so is the most active time of night. I realize you all are probably becoming sleep deprived, but you could try getting up and going to his room at the times he has come to your room from being disturbed and taking pictures. Even if you do not see anything with the naked eye, sometimes the pictures will show up more that the eye can see. Or, if you have a video recorder, you could set it up to film at that time.

my last suggestion is to pray,pray, pray. I will be praying for the little boy to cross over and find peace as well, so, in turn, your son and family may find peace.

keep us posted please

God Bless!
peterc (2 stories) (4 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-09-20)
Hi Victoria,
I believe there may be a presence in your house, but also being the eternal sceptic I do also see natural explanations of each occurrence. When I was young I had similar scary dreams that would reoccur quite often (almost scheduled) and I would go sleep at the bottom of my mum and dads bed for reassurance. I don't believe my parents house was haunted though.
Why don't you and your husband spend the night in your sons room; with your son? And explain to the presence with your son, that they are scaring your son and if they continue with similar intentions they are no longer welcome. Doing a similar thing has helped me in the past.
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-09-20)
Hi Victoria. I agree with you that most children are discounted by there parents. I believe there is something in you house but you can make this ghost cross over. I don't know if you are the religous type like me but there are other people who can help you. I know that praying can help. I hope some other people on this website will give you more imput on this. I wouldn't leave the house yet. These things do happen but problems are for us to solve. Not to runaway from. See you soon and take care
Bellissima (12 stories) (792 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-09-20)
Hi Victoria, I've heard so often that children are more open to this type of thing. I think it's because they haven't been jaded by 'grown up' beliefs. I'm glad you don't feel anything threatening. As for your son coming into your room between 3:30 and 4:00 AM, isn't that the time when spirits are the most active? That's what I've heard. I hope things settle down for your son's sake and your peace of mind. Shane has some really good ideas on this site that may help you out. Good luck with everything.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: