You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Ouija Board / Seances :: A Seance At The Old Bungalow

Real Ghost Stories

A Seance At The Old Bungalow

 

I liked the idea of conducting seances. My first attempt at making contact with a spirit failed largely because my friend started asking the spirit to demonstrate its presence and it resulted in our planchette, a shot glass, shattering. It put an end to our little stunts for a while but we successfully attempted a seance in December last year. It had an unexpected outcome but if I reveal it here I will be getting ahead of myself.

I will start from the beginning. Last year my friend Vidya and I formed a society in our college. It was dedicated to the systematic investigation of the paranormal and our first meeting involved a serious seance in the abandoned bungalow I had written about earlier. We had our suspicions that the place was haunted and all of us decided that it would be an ideal place for what we had planned.

I had written about the place before, how it is desolate and nearly forgotten. We had heard a lot of stories about the place; people said that the person who had built the place refused to leave it and he still haunts it. I have often heard other stories of unearthly laughter and lit oil lamps in the old bungalow.

We met at my house at 7 in the evening to prepare and left at 8. We grabbed our Ouija board, some flashlights and a few candles. We also chalked out a plan about what we had to do. It was a chilly night with a little wind and I could feel the anticipation building in each of us as we walked. There were five of us: Vidya, me, 2 guys and another girl. It seemed like the perfect night for spirits to wander about. There were no people around and sneaking into place was very easy, the windows minus the glass panes made it so. The conditions had become worse than they were before and the walls had crumbled a little; it was mostly due to the heavy thunderstorms which took place earlier that year.

After getting in, our first thought was to check for any vagrants or stray animals in the place but the haunted reputation of the bungalow kept any vagrants out and apart from a cat that promptly fled on seeing us, the place was empty.

The interior was stripped of furniture, the paint was peeling off the crumbling walls and the place had an air of foreboding to it. There was a kitchen, a store room and the living room on the ground floor and a flight of stairs lead up to the first floor which housed 2 more rooms. Vidya said that she could feel something in the living room and we decided that we would carry out our seance there. Apart from the light of our candles, the place was wrapped in velvety darkness and all of us were scared even before we started. The guys were joking about how it was the perfect place for a slasher movie but after seeing our spooked faces, wisely, shut up. We had started our seance by asking if anyone could hear us, did anyone want to talk to us and almost immediately we got a response. It was amazing how the planchette seemed to move of its own accord. All of us had lightly placed our index fingers on it and it was being pulled towards "yes" on the board by some mysterious persona.

Needless to say, we were thrilled and kept on asking more questions about who he was and were there any others present in the room just like him. We didn't find out who he was, the ghost turned angry and started asking us to leave. The planchette repeatedly spelled out 'L-E-A-V-E' on the board. We said goodbye and it seemed to have stopped when everyone noted a change in the temperature, it had gone down. It was a little chilly that night but after our seance, we didn't want to stir up any theories about a ghost entering the room as we were terrified. We decided to think it was the wind that had cooled down the place.

In the middle of this, Vidya started laughing hysterically. I have heard it isn't uncommon for a participant to be possessed during a seance and given that she has always been very sensitive to spirits, we had a fair idea what was happening.

She stopped laughing and closed her eyes and looked serene, even peaceful. All of us were staring at her wide-eyed when she opened her eyes, pupils dilated and expressionless, mouth curled into a sneer and said something in a voice unlike hers. She said it in Marathi but for the sake of the readers I will write that it roughly translates to "leave this place right now or you will be harmed". It was our cue to get the heck out of the place and we did.

We took our candles, the board and the guys carried Vidya, who had lost consciousness at that point. The moment we were out of the gate, she was back to her senses and said that she saw an old man walking down the stairs when she went into her trance. She remembered that she was possessed and how it felt like a violation of her mind. Vidya was normal moments after we left the bungalow but she was going on and on about how scary the place was and how certain she was about the presence of someone else in the place.

I still think of what would have happened had we had stayed longer than we did. I don't like the scenario that comes to mind. This was my last visit to the bungalow. I declined when the guys in our group suggested that we return to the place in daylight. I had had enough of the wretched place. Please feel free to comment and thank you for taking the time to read this fairly lengthy narrative.

Other hauntings by curiousDevu

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from India

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, curiousDevu, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

piyuprmr (1 stories) (21 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-06-27)
Good story
But at the end all we need to realise is
Ouija board is not a thing to play with
Still good job
And keep it up 😁
PagalLadka (1 stories) (27 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-02-15)
I read your previous visit to the bunglow. Both your narration have became my favourite narrations.
Thnx for sharing
kpatel21 (7 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-06-07)
This was a great story and it teaches all of us a lesson, don't mess around with things especially spirits. It's a good thing you guys got the message and quickly left the bungalow. I'm really glad all of you are safe and I hope you don't try any more seances or else your life could be put in danger. God always gives us another chance. Thanks for sharing such a great story, I loved it!
Hades666 (guest)
 
10 years ago (2014-04-09)
Isn't it interesting that how whenever a seance is performed, at least one person from the group almost always gets possessed
Or attacked. Just one question, will you be conducting any more seances? Thank you for sharing! It was a great read.
allesgute154 (3 stories) (254 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-04-07)
Hello everybody. I know my comment is not related to this story/experience. But I came across a very interesting article on Daily Mail regarding experiences with ghosts/spirits. Since story submission is not open, thought of sharing this with everybody here. The link: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2598377/Dont-believe-ghosts-These-chilling-stories-just-change-mind-Five-writers-reveal-spooky-encounters.html
rynne (69 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-04-06)
ok, curiousDevu thanks for clarifying, perhaps my mis-read then. I thought you knew it was a he (before your friend saw the fig
curiousDevu (10 stories) (45 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-04-06)
[at] Rynne,
As I mentioned later in my story, my friend saw a man at the top of the stairs before she was possessed. I can only assume that it was his spirit communicating with us and hence said 'he'.
rynne (69 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-04-05)
curiousDevu-thanks for sharing. Had a question about something you wrote:
"and it was being pulled towards "yes" on the board by some mysterious persona... Needless to say, we were thrilled and kept on asking more questions about who he was and were there any others present in the room just like him."
What made you/all think that the presence was male? How did you know for sure it was a he, and not a she? Am wondering if you were influenced by the stories you had rumored about...
simranpriyashna (guest)
 
10 years ago (2014-04-04)
It's good that you and your friends left when you did. Glad you all are safe and I admire your not acting recklessly and provoking that entity
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+4
10 years ago (2014-04-03)
curiousDevu - this is one of the best seance experiences I've read in a long time. No over-dramatic nonsense, just the facts as you witnessed them. Very nice.

I also appreciate the fact that you didn't mess around with or agitate the spirits or try to prove who was boss. Y'all were told to leave, you left.

I'm also very glad Vidya came to herself as quickly as she did.

Thank you for sharing this with us.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: