You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Work Ghost

Real Ghost Stories

Work Ghost

 

I recently started a new job. The building I work in is quite old and in an old area of my town. There are a few haunted buildings around where I work and there have been lots of sightings of ghosts.

Right, I'll start my story. I went to the toilet one day and I started to hear some strange noises. There was no-one else in there, the noises sounded like the toilet paper roll was constantly being pulled.

One day the toilet lid just slammed down, there was no-one else there. I also have heard footsteps and the doors sometimes slam. I was a little bit worried if I asked anyone about it in case they thought I was crazy, but I did ask my friend who works there and apparently he has heard strange things too.

Also, where I enter the building I have seen a white smoke-like figure float across the doorway. I see this most days but just thought I was seeing things. There is no real explanation for these things because there is nothing around or in the toilet that could make these noises.

I have researched the buildings history and it has been a vets and a doctors, so I'm just looking for your views and an explanation.

Please feel free to comment, all comments will be taken into consideration. Everything I have told you is true and I hope you will believe me.

The building is in Norwich City Centre, Norfolk, England.

Please feel free to share similar stories as I am very interested in seeing what's really out there. Many thanks for reading and I hope you really enjoy it as I am looking for a real answer.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, scarpent, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

nAsh42002Treehouse (4 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-04-10)
i think it is just a spirit fgrom either the docters office or vet if it sounds more like heavy it is probally a human spirit
sheetal (6 stories) (771 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-04-09)
😭 Creepy story I also work in office which is in Mall. On morning when I go in washroom & when no one is there. From my mind... I also get this feeling 😨 (I know I don't have lots of guts) 😳 But luckily never faced like this.
Griff84 (5 stories) (289 posts)
+3
10 years ago (2014-04-08)
Hi scarpent, welcome to YGS.

Is your toilet located next door to the ladies loo? (I'm assuming your a guy) You could be hearing someone in that toilet using the facilities next door. The door could slam shut because it is either heavy and unbalanced, or a draft had caught it and it closed, the same goes for the toilet seat, it could have just been unbalanced and gravity did its work.

As for the smoke, is there a designated smoking area outside at all? Perhaps you are just seeing the smoke floating by from there?

I am not saying everything you and your friend has experienced is defiantly not paranormal, but these are the things I would check first before coming to that conclusion.

Let us know your thoughts😊

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: