You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Poltergeists / Physical Manifestations :: Followed By A Poltergeist? I

Real Ghost Stories

Followed By A Poltergeist? I

 

As a child I had a "friend" who would often come see me at my home and come with me to school. By friend I mean a ghost called Jennifer. When I told my Mum she didn't believe me, but I know she was most definitely real.

When we moved into my childhood home all different things happened and I now know that my Dad was into black magic and did Ouija boards in the room that became my bedroom.

My Mum and Dad divorced as he was extremely violent. I moved away from home when I was 15 as I was abused by my Mum's next partner after my Dad.

I only go to my childhood home to see my mum once a fortnight, as it is a horrid house. When I am there I just want to go again as it has such a horrid vibe everywhere even the garden has a horrid vibe.

I was laying in bed looking out the window at the sky then all of a sudden all my CD's fell of the shelf, and then the shelf fell on the floor in that exact order.

I have been pushed and had my hair pulled with no one behind me. My brother had a towel move from one end of the bath to the other. All happened while living at home with my mum. Whenever I'm at Mum's I feel I am being watched by someone who isn't there. I'm 33 now and have a young boy who is 5.

On Sunday morning after being at my Mum's the day before, my son comes into my room and says, "Mummy come and look at this, the light bulbs fell so off." So I go and have a look and the light bulb has completely came out, fell twelve feet onto the stairs and smashed all over the wood stairs.

The light was a bayonet light bulb and not a screw in one so seems to have been done with some force. I am now afraid that whatever evil is at my mum's has followed me to my home I share with my young boy. Please any advice would be great?

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, clareyfairy, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

ifihadyoux (6 stories) (607 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-10-09)
I might have a solution to the cds/book shelf. Did you check to see if any rodents or bugs were in your home? It sounds like [if this was one shelf of course] that soothing ran behind it and knocked them all over and the weight of the shelf was thrown off balance, which caused it to fall right after.

And the bulb is kind of creepy but I agree that the bulb could have not been in place as BJJ suggests.

Though your dad using dark magic and Ouija boards is great cause for alarm, I would still cleanse the house. It never hurt your focus. It would only a] get rid of the spirits or b] make them angrier and then you know you have a real problem and can go from there.

Hope this helps, looking forward to your part 2.
Rachel806 (1 stories) (14 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-04-14)
I agree with most of these answers due to the fact a cleansing would be safest and it is a possibility that the ouija bored had summoned an unwanted entity. As said in another comment sage is a great herb to be-rid of entities and other spiritual phenomenon. Another possibility it is a warning some spirits will step forward to one person (or 2) in this case this Jennifer spirit from your childhood might be trying to warn you or protect you from something. But since I can no longer stretch this listen to you child, children and pets are most sensitive to paranormal phenomena than grown ups and I would Know this because I am still considered a child myself but I am a medium and had to learn to deal/live with spirits both good and evil. P.S try keeping a cross/bible with you incase it is an evil entity. Plus I have had some of the same problems as you such as the vibes and light bulbs it happens a lot. Just remember if it is real don't shrug it off it could be dangerous, entities can and will posses/ try to kill an pet or yourself for that matter.
Best Regards,
Rachel806
Triskaideka (2 stories) (388 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-04-14)
I grew up in a not-so-nice environment, as well, and things were always falling. Mostly because my father is a packrat, so shelves get weighed down by too much stuff. Honestly, I'm not inclined to believe you were followed by any evil entity. The lightbulb seems a coincidence. But just in case, I do think it would be a good idea to do some sort of home cleansing. (Better safe than sorry!) And I definitely think you should encourage your mother to have her home cleansed as well. It sounds like a toxic environment for various reasons, and clearing up the spiritual side may help with the rest. Best of luck. ❤
BadJuuJuu (guest)
+1
10 years ago (2014-04-11)
Thanks Fergie. I thought that's how bayonet lightbulbs work, but I've never used one and wasn't sure. 😁
Fergie (40 stories) (1159 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-04-11)
Dear BJJ, as nobody else has stepped in to explain, I thought I might. A bayonet type light bulb has to be 'locked' in, before it stays in its socket, otherwise gravity takes its course. To remove the light bulb, you have to push it into the socket and give it a turn to the left, thus 'unlocking' it.

Please excuse my interruption Clareyfairy. I have a few questions for you though. Was the light on at the time? Did the metal part of the globe fall out as well?

I am rather dubious about this being a poltergeist as there are no teenagers involved. Has anything else happened in your home to get your back up? This may just be a coincidence and not related to your mum's house at all. Please keep us updated to anything else odd happening at home.

By the way, welcome to YGS. I hope you can find your solution to the problems here.
yamswool (2 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-04-10)
It's not clear where these things are happening but I will assume that this is all happening at your place. Has anything like this ever happened to you at your mom's house before? If so then yeah, you might have an attachment. Also, how long has this been happening to you?
Swimsinfire (11 stories) (556 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-04-10)
But the first thing with the book shelf does sound like something really odd. Sage is a wonderful herb to burn and cleans your home. There are a lot of knowledgeable people on here that might know what specificaly you're dealing with.
BadJuuJuu (guest)
+1
10 years ago (2014-04-10)
From the title you chose for this, I'm assuming a second part is in the works that we haven't yet published. I do have a question, forgive me if the answer is in part 2.
Has anything happened in your own home other than the light bulb falling? I had to look up "bayonet lightbulb" and it looks like these lightbulbs are pushed into the socket, then turned to lock into place. If the lightbulb hadn't been locked in, it may have just fallen on its own. Mundane possibilities always have to be considered before paranormal possibilities. Sometimes, coincidences do happen.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: