You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Old Hags / Night Attacks / Sleep Paralysis :: The Sleep Paralysis Continues

Real Ghost Stories

The Sleep Paralysis Continues

 

I submitted a story a few years back about my first sleep paralysis encounter. Since then I've had it frequently. I have learned that I shouldn't sleep on my back as that brings it on more. I have taught myself that the less scared I am the faster I can get out of it. I can open my eyes (but I choose not to after seeing a dark figure standing in my room) and move my arms.

I've just not long awoken from an afternoon nap. I haven't had sleep paralysis for a few months now (which is great considering I used to get it a few times a week) and I've just had the WORST and most TERRIFYING sleep paralysis of my entire life.

I awoke to find that I couldn't move, as usual. I managed to get myself out of it but forgot to turn onto my side so it happened again, and again, and again. The last time however I was so angry that I reached out to my left hand side and grabbed something's neck. Still screaming for my Mum, who I could hear answering me back, however she was downstairs the whole time and didn't actually hear me, as usual with sleep paralysis. My bed is very low, so whatever I grabbed couldn't have been much more than a few feet tall. I looked over when I felt skin touching my hand and dared to open my eyes and there was nothing there, but I could feel it. My brother died in my house at 5 months old, could it be him playing tricks?

When I finally woke up properly I screamed for my Mum and she ran upstairs to find me nearly in tears and breathing heavily. I went to the toilet and remembered that before I actually fell asleep, my bed was shaking slightly, and every time I sat up it stopped, then it would start when I lay down? It was very strange. I am now absolutely terrified to sleep.

Has anyone ever been able to touch a ghost?

Other hauntings by caitlinmooneyx

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, caitlinmooneyx, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Jo5581 (2 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-04-15)
I think your experiences were very similar to mine. They were in fact episodes of 'sleep paralysis' but with a sinister agenda. It sounds like you are being manipulated to think that these are just episodes of sleep paralysis but in fact I am sure you are being attacked spiritually. It was a very confusing time for me and I'm sure you are just as confused, frustrated and scared as I was. My story is very real and it is too long to post here. What I can tell you is you need to reaserach negative spirit attachment, all my episodes of sleep paralysis, medication use (sleep, depression, anxiety), drinking and other self-destructive life habits were directly linked to an evil attachment I had. I am not saying you have any of this, I'm just saying it is worth researching and find a way to 'cure' these episodes and give yourself some peace. It has been 1 year since my 'scan' where the entity was released and I can tell you that has made every bit of difference in my life and quality of life. Before things spiral out of control, seek some spiritual help. If you need references I will be more than happy to forward to you. God Bless you. -I meant to post this on this story, but posted on another! Whoops:)
Triskaideka (2 stories) (388 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-04-14)
Sleep paralysis can give very convincing experiences that seem real. I actually had an experience just a couple nights ago that my dad knocked on my door and was telling me to wake up. I couldn't move, I couldn't see him. It took a long time for all of the fuzziness to fade away and I realized hey wait, I don't live at my parents' house anymore. I don't sleep in the same bed anymore. And no one else is in my room.

Most of my sleep paralysis dreams anymore involve people knocking and entering my room without permission, nagging me to wake up. Used to be I'd see monsters of all kinds (vampires, ghosts, creepy jack-in-the box, etc.)

I guess there's no actual cure for sleep paralysis itself, but at the very least you can ease your mind into more realistic, less scary scenarios. The first step is recognizing that what you see is merely a manifestation of your imagination. The second is willing yourself to wake up.

Personally, I tend to get sleep paralysis when sleeping on my stomach. But I also sleep on my stomach about 95% of the time. 😉 I've experienced it when sleeping on my side a few times, and never on my back. (I hate sleeping on my back. It's so uncomfortable. I don't think I ever sleep deeply enough that way.) But everybody is different and every *body* is different. Certain positions may make you more prone. I find hydration and a regular sleep schedule are key.

And to echo previous commenters, I don't think it's your brother playing a trick. I think you probably just have a vivid imagination. I've had dreams wherein I slashed through people's flesh with my own claws or teeth and felt every gritty bit of it. Dreams can seem very realistic.
double_v (1 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-04-10)
I've ever had the same experience as yours. I touched someone's hand, under my pillow. You can imagine how crazy that was. A hand. Under my pillow, and it's cold as heck. I was dreaming about being sleep-paralysed at that time.
notjustme (19 stories) (852 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-04-10)
to answer your last question, yes I have touched a spirit, but during dream-state.
notjustme (19 stories) (852 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-04-10)
caitlin- Thanks for sharing your story. Firstly, I don't think it's your brother. He was fairly young when he passed, I don't think a 5 month old soul can cast such fears. You are right about not fearing it. The more you fear the more it will take control. You are very brave to grab it by the neck lol. I almost think it's best not to pay too much attention to it, like finding out what it is, but keep up your courage instead. What ever makes you feel stronger, then pray to that. Even if it's just to "goodness". I'm not really religious, so when I pray I just pray to light and goodness. I hope this helped a bit. Good luck!
Rich73 (1 stories) (67 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-04-10)
I think you are absolutely right about sleeping on your back. I hadn't thought of that before. I always go to sleep on my side, but sometimes end up on my back. Now that I think about it, I've only ever felt the crushing weight on my chest and feeling of being strangled when I ended up on my back. When I'm having a night terror while sleeping on my side, it's not as bad. It's as if a hurricane is blowing through my room, and I am paralyzed and unable to scream. It's still scary though. I did not have night terrors until last year when my ghost showed up in the house. My only theory so far is that we are drawing a lot of energy off these ghosts in our sleep, and this energy is fueling very, very vivid dreams. I still don't know what to do about them other than just tough them out and try to get through them. Thanks for your story. I'm glad I'm not the only one going through this.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: