You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Shadow Thing

Real Ghost Stories

The Shadow Thing

 

It started a little over a month ago.

I was at my Aunt's house, visiting. We live in the same town, so I visit weekly after school.

At first, when I saw the shadow, I thought it was a shadow of a passing car- its a rather busy street at that time of day. Then my mom asked if I saw it. I said yes- and that if it wasn't the shadow of a passing car, perhaps it was Grandmother or Grandfather checking in on us. They had both died in the house. Nothing more was said and the matter was let to drop- the thought wasn't that odd (ghosts are oddly common in my area).

A week or two passed.

I saw a shadow pass over a light and down the wall, and ignored it- thinking it was my imagination- and went to take a shower. In the shower, my feet firmly in place and for the first time in years, I fell. Nothing odd about that,right?

Not so much when only one side struck the tub and I ended up not only bruised on both sides, but the one that struck the tub's- my shoulder, had three scratches on it. Then if that wasn't odd enough, when I pulled myself out and stepped onto the bath rug, I fell again as if I had been pushed.

A week later,I'm woken up by my leg being pulled out of socket.

I'm seriously considering getting one of priests from the local church to come out and bless the property. In fact, if it happens again I'm doing so regardless of what any one has to say about it.

I've said as much, and so far, all activity in the house has stopped. I've been having trouble with things outside the house for two years (every time I see one apparition the dogs end up acting as if they had a seizure, or were poisoned) but that's a story for another time.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Florida

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, 1222Jenna, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments but I won't participate in the discussion.

Triskaideka (2 stories) (388 posts)
+2
10 years ago (2014-04-14)
I agree with lady-glow that you should make sure everything is in balance for you, physically. I think most of us here can relate to falling, passing out, and experiencing poor circulation and minor joint dislocation.

And I also agree with your decision to have a priest over if these things continue. There may be no paranormal causes, but better safe than sorry!
lady-glow (16 stories) (3154 posts)
+2
10 years ago (2014-04-12)
What a shame that you won't participate in the discussion! 😐
First I would suggest for you to go to a doctor and get a general evaluation of your health, perhaps you fell after having a dizziness spell, do you remember having ear problems around that time?
I do not find it odd at all to have bruises in both sides of your body, the pain form one impact would "mask" the pain on another part of your body and the same goes for the scratches on your shoulder, perhaps you hit the faucet during the fall.
Did your leg got pull out of its socket or was just pain after sleeping for too long on an uncomfortable position? Did you have to go to the hospital for treatment or did the discomfort fade after few minutes? 😕
Were you at your aunt's place the day of the incident in the shower or did it happen in your house? I ask because I do not think your grandfather or grandmother would try to hurt you like that.
Did your dogs acted "as if they had a seizure, or were poisoned" the time you saw the shadow at your aunt's place and, if so, how could you see them if you were not at home? Or should I assume you take them along to visit your aunt?

But I shouldn't even bother asking... You are not going to answer!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: