You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: The Thing In My Sister's Bedroom

Real Ghost Stories

The Thing In My Sister's Bedroom

 

I understand this story might sound fake and I've actually told a lot of people about it, I don't mind talking about it or anything, but a lot of people also don't believe me. Now don't get me wrong, when I stare into the dark for so long, like many other people my eyes can play tricks on me. Shapes get distorted and I see things move, not so much anymore but when I was younger it happened all the time when I couldn't sleep. This story happened when I was in middle school, I'm nineteen years old now and I was probably thirteen/fourteen at the time. Let me try to explain how my house is set up in the hallway the best I can.

When standing at the entrance of the hallway, straight ahead at the very end is my bedroom, which at the time I shared with my sister Meagan. On the left side, my parents' bedroom, and on the right side, my other sister, Mindy's bedroom at that time. Mindy has been moved out for a few years now and Megan moved into her bedroom. I never told anyone in my family about it until after Megan moved in there and even still I waited a while.

I've never really thought of my house as haunted, I love scary stuff, I'm always watching horror movies and reading scary stories but at this time I never really even did that because I was so young. I had been on the computer, which is in my parents room. Both of my parents and both of my sisters were in the living room, all watching TV and Megan playing her Nintendo DS. The light in the hallway was off, and the light in Mindy's room was off. It was late and I decided to go in the other room and join everyone else, so I got off the computer and went to the doorway to walk out. Again, right across from my parents' doorway is Mindy's. Her door was open and although the light was off, the light from outside was shining in just barely through the window, just enough to see something in there. I've never had hallucinations, I've never experienced anything like this, and I've only ever seen this thing once.

I noticed something off in Mindy's room as I walked out of my parents'. About 2-3 feet from her doorway, straight in her room, it looked like a person. I don't know if the person had hair on its head or what, everything happened so fast. It was sitting on the floor right in front of her desk, like it had its knees up to its chest and its head down. Now I knew everyone in my house was in the living room, and there was no possible way this could have been my cat. It was the size of a normal human, and I stared for maybe 5 seconds, if that, when it looked up at me and smiled. I darted down the hallway and everyone just looked at me but I played it off and never told anyone. I know it sounds cheesy or fake but I swear, this was so real. The only thing is that its face was not a normal human face.

Its eyes were huge and black, and looked like they were slightly slanted, I know it sounds dumb but almost like those stereotypical alien eyes you see but just black. Its skin was a light grey colour, and its smile was huge and it just had allover a bad energy about it. I can't remember if it even had a nose, or teeth, or anything else. It never said anything, it never made a noise, just smiled, and after that maybe ten second scene, I never saw it again, although to this very day I still look in my sister's room every time I walk past in fear I will see it again.

Now I'm not really religious, my parents and Megan are pretty religious, mostly just her and my mom, but I can say that I do believe in ghosts, and even demons, I think just because it scares me. I have no clue what this thing was. I've only had one other experience like this in my home, and it was a few years before this, when I shared my bedroom now with Megan still.

We had our beds on opposite sides of the room but part of the frame of my bed had broken, so I was sleeping in between Megan's bed and the frame of my bed, with just a mattress on the floor. I know I wasn't asleep, I had been up playing around on either my oldest sister's (Mindy's) DS or our old gameboy. Everyone else was already asleep, I could hear Megan breathing next to me. Now my parents bed is really old and it squeaks all the time, whenever even the slightest movement happens. You can hear someone rolling over in bed clearly even when in my room. Both of our doors were open, and as I lay down after turning off my game, I looked up my doorway, not sure why but something just drew me to it.

I saw my mom looking in on me, but she looked very upset. Angry, almost wanting to yell at me, that kind of face when I would break something and she found out it was me and she was trying not to go off. I just looked at her, and then she turned around and walked in the darkness of the hallway and disappeared. I never heard footsteps, I never heard the bed making any noise, I don't even think she was wearing the same clothes as when she went to sleep. Those are the only two things that have ever really happened in my house, except Mindy has said one night she looked in and saw an older lady at the foot of my mom and dad's bed while they both slept in it, looking at them.

I don't understand what this means, I don't think my house is haunted as this has never been something that happens often. We've lived here for about ten years now. Was that thing in Mindy's room a demon, or a ghost, or what? I know for a fact these were two things that weren't my imagination, if anyone could tell me information maybe helping me understand what these are it would be great. My sister Megan told me about something where demons or entities can "pass through" your house I guess, and they can maybe stay for a day or a week, just to scare you, although I've never heard of that. Does anybody know what this is? I'd really appreciate hearing people's opinions on this.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Ohio

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, emaleekate, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

sasukelover72 (2 posts)
-2
10 years ago (2014-05-30)
I believe you and it was me. Hahahaha XD. You should have seen your face but seriously it was a demon and I believe you
Spiritgirl1998 (6 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-04-16)
Look, what you saw wasn't your imagination. I've seen things like that before too. Yoour sister is right though. Many spirits like to visit places that are familiar or seem familiar to them. If you really want information you could look up the history of the house. As for demons, they can pass through houses. But if our house if religous it would just have to be a normal spirit just playing a joke on you. Some spirits of teenagers, children or even sometimes adults become a 'jokster' to have some fun and to get people to know that they are there.

But I believe there is nothing for you to fear. That thing sitting in your sisters room, it could've just been an unhappy spirit that could've been scared to pass over, and wanted to have some fun and play a joke before it did to make it feel like a person still knew that they were there.
But there's nothing that could harm you there. If things get worse please tell me and I'll see what I can give you in information terms of what to do.
Rachel806 (1 stories) (14 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-04-14)
I believe her I have seen spirits like that all the time and the reason for the dark shadowed out eyes is either due to something that happened to the spirit before it moved on. The reason I have seen this before is because I am a medium and deal with stuff like this everyday. There is still a possibility your mind was playing tricks on you but I highly doubt that your mind would show an apparition almost clear as day right in front of you. Just try and be careful the best thing you can do if its real is get your home blessed remember gods prayer and burn sage that's all I can do for you for now. If you want to know more just email me allbright.rachel [at] yahoo.com Thanks and good luck
Griff84 (5 stories) (289 posts)
+4
10 years ago (2014-04-14)
Hi emaleekate, welcome to YGS.

I think spiritwaiting has a good point, you were playing on computers each time something happened, this could be connected. Did you speak to your mum about seeing her at the door? Also, is there any chance you fell asleep without realising and then woke up thinking you saw her but you didn't? Just a thought.

I must admit I find it a little strange that you didn't raise the alarm when you saw this little grey creature, if it were me, I would have caused merry hell, it could have been anything or anyone. Also, someone else could have had a similar experience. Although fear can make you act irrationally I guess.

This is an interesting account, thanks 😊
spiritwaiting (42 stories) (843 posts)
+4
10 years ago (2014-04-14)
emaleekate, Before both of these experiences happened you were on some type of electronic. The computer when you saw someone in your sisters room, and Nintendo Ds when you saw your mother looking at you and then walk away. This could very well be your eyes are strained from the constant concentration on a small screen. But, it could be a spirit is there. Have you felt anything while these two occurences where going on? A bad vibe, or a good one? Has anything else happened besides these two occurences?
Alduin (9 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-04-13)
Oh My... I have read a lot of stories on here, But this one just got to me. This is the most scariest thing I read. I couldn't even finish the story! I hope you figure out what it is.
lawluck1 (2 stories) (13 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-04-12)
I am sort off a skeptic not of you but just in general. I don't know what you saw but I believe you saw it.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: