You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Poltergeists / Physical Manifestations :: My First Ever Paranormal Experiences

Real Ghost Stories

My First Ever Paranormal Experiences

 

When I was about 12 I would always stay up late with my older sister and cousin during my summer vacation. We would always hang out in my sister's room, play board games, and talk until the sun came up. But one night everything changed.

All three of us where playing Monopoly at 2 in the morning and someone lightly knocked on our door three times. My cousin got up to check but there was nobody there so we continued playing. About 30 minutes later, again we heard three light knocks. This time I got up to check and nobody was in sight. I went to my younger sister's room to check if she was the one knocking trying to scare us, but she was deep asleep. As I was walking back I heard a loud crash. I looked back and my fireplace protector was on the ground. I stood there in shock because there was no way a heavy thing like that could slam to the floor by itself. I quickly ran to my sister and cousin and told them what happened, they were horrified. We then tried to ignore it and continued playing Monopoly.

That was my first ever paranormal experience.

Weeks later nothing else happened until one night. That night was the scariest experience I have ever had.

My sister and cousin were laying on the bed and I was laying down opposite of them near their feet. It was pretty dark in the room but my sister's charger light lit up the room. My sister and I were arguing because she wanted me to sleep in my room, but I didn't want to go because I was scared to sleep alone. We then continued arguing and it suddenly got silent for some odd reason. I looked over to see why my sister was silent and of course she was on her phone, but from the corner of my eye I saw something moving. I looked to see what it was and my sister's drawers were slowly opening one by one by one. I put the covers over my head and I told my sister and cousin that the drawers where opening. They both looked and they were motionless. We were all silent, I could hear my cousin crying in fear. Sweat started pouring down my back and neck and I wanted to let out a scream, but I was so horrified I couldn't. We all quickly jumped off the bed and ran out of the room crying. My dad woke up and we told him what happened. He went to go check and he said all the drawers where perfectly opened the same way.

We have no idea how that happened or what caused the drawers to open it is still unexplained.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Texas

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Samanthasblue, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Elgin (5 stories) (35 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-04-17)
Hey SamanthasBlue! There's a belief that 3 knock and no one being there either means that it's death knocking to collect souls or its a demon but that would be stretching it though.

Another possibility is that its a poltergeist caused either by a spirit or human beings. Cases involving poltergeists caused by humans are created from a form of latent mental power or a latent psychic ability. For some reason when stress builds and a subconscious desire for attention or protection arises it then creates a hypnotic suggestions that can cause such things. Most poltergeist cases with human culprits involves young teens and children around puberty. Many of them involves women which could mean that you, your sister, and (female?) cousin is under a lot of stress late and is a latent psychic.

So if its the latter you guys gotta chill out and don't stress out too much. 😆
Nathaniel (37 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-04-16)
I was thinking exactly the same thing, Unexplained. The OP was arguing with her sister at the time, and is a teenager. I am assuming both her older sister, and cousin are teenagers as well. Sounds like Poltergeist activity to me.
Unexplained (2 stories) (122 posts)
+3
10 years ago (2014-04-13)
Interesting experiences. Sounds like poltergeist activity to me as you are teenagers and this can sometimes be triggered by tension, stress, arguments, etc.

I don't know much about it but I know a work colleague who used to trigger poltergeist activity when he was young, making doorknobs turn violently and so on but he considered it to be some form of energy that he was triggering.

If it happens again, keep us informed and describe your experiences with as much detail as you can. Try to log the date, time, the situation, who you're with, what happened before the incident (if anything), such as arguments or shouting or tension, stress, etc.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: