You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: My First Paranormal Experiences

Real Ghost Stories

My First Paranormal Experiences

 

To start, I would like to say thank you to this site and its members for allowing me to publish my story. I have read several amazing and terrifying stories that allowed me to talk about mine. Everything that I am about to write is 100% true, trust me, I wish it wasn't. From what I have researched and from what my friends have told me, I am sensitive to the paranormal. For a long time, I have had a shadow figure coming in and out of my life. For a brief description, it is roughly 6' tall and thin. It has one yellow eye and one red. In my next story, I will go into more detail. My friend Drew thinks it started when I was born. I was 3 months premature and the doc said I wouldn't live past the first week. I am in my mid 20's so obviously he was wrong.

When I was about 7, my grandfather took me to Gettysburg to visit the battlefields. Around Little Round Top, I kept on looking behind me and marching. He asked me why I was doing that and I told him because the other people are. He turned around and didn't see anything that time. When we got back in to the car, he looked out the rear view and saw 5 Civil War Era soldiers running up the path. He immediately got out of the car and when he turned around, no one was there. Needless to say, he was dumbfounded and I didn't know what to say. We backed up to the plaque stating the MIA, KIA and WIA members in that spot. It stated that several were wounded, but only 5 died on that very spot. He drove on further and didn't tell me about it until I was about 17. This by then only made me feel even more scared because at the time, I had no idea what was going on.

My sensitivity started to show itself more when I was 16. I was walking back from the mall with my friends Anth, Red, T, Geo and Mike when we decided to cut through the graveyard. It would have shaved about 15 minutes from our trip and it was late enough to where no one would be around. We used a hole through the chain link fence off to the left end of the graveyard. About halfway through, my friend Geo and Mike decided we should play hide and seek to kill time. It was a Friday night over the summer so none of us had an early curfew. It was about 7:30 at night and we had nothing else better to do. Mike and Geo said they would be the seekers first so the rest of us took off and hid. I ran back to the wooded area at the very back of the graveyard. It was dark enough so if I hid behind a tree, they couldn't see me. I waited there for about 30 minutes and my buddy T started to call my phone. I immediately ignored it and turned it on silent so I didn't get exposed. At that moment, I started to feel very uneasy. I was light headed and felt like someone was breathing down my neck. I heard a faint whisper from right behind me and I immediately turned around to investigate. That's when I realized something wasn't right and I had to leave. I started walking rather fast through the woods and fell into a pit. It was mainly made of brick so it hurt like heck. I landed on my left shoulder and luckily did not hit my head. When I finally got up, I could see the lights of the parking lot not more than 50 feet away. I was happy because now I had some light and I could actually see a little better. I saw there was a dirt trail to the right of me so I decided to follow it out. That's when I noticed I wasn't alone. There was a figure standing 10 feet from me. It looked just like my buddy Geo so I started to walk over and call his name. When I got about 5 feet from him, he started running down the trail away from me. Confused, I started to say his name again and followed in pursuit. I felt the uneasiness subside the further I ran after him. Finally, I found the end of the trail but to my dismay, Geo wasn't there.

I walked off the trail through another hole in the fence into the parking lot. I looked around for a few minutes but still no sign of Geo. I felt a lot better than previously in the graveyard. I felt this wave of calm come over me. I knew whatever was bothering me wasn't there anymore and I didn't have to worry. Remembering I had my cell phone, I called Geo and asked him where he was at. They said they left the graveyard. I said I know because I just followed him out. He seemed confused and asked where I was. I told him the parking lot near the local middle school so he said that he and my friends will meet me there. It took them a little bit but they found me. I asked Geo why he ran off from the trail where I fell. Geo said he and Mike found everyone else and tried to look for me. They thought I left so they gave up and left the graveyard. That's why T tried to call me. I started to get a little freaked out and told them what happened. They didn't believe me at all. Geo suggested that he would come back with me tomorrow morning and check things out to put me at ease. So the next day we went up the trail and found the pit I fell in to. Looking around, Geo noticed an old grave stone right where I said I saw him. It was weathered and we could barely make out a name. From what we could see, we could make out the name Sam. Geo started to get nervous because he knew I wasn't lying. I followed something out.

I am sorry for the length ladies and gents, I am not much of a writer. I have more stories coming. As for the shadow figure, it's still a bit painful to talk about. I will go in to full detail with my next story. Thank you all for this opportunity.

Other hauntings by Charles_Edward

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Maryland

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Charles_Edward, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Charles_Edward (3 stories) (3 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-05-29)
[At Swimswithfire] Sorry for the late comment! I have been busy with my career and family. The path I mentioned was more of a dirt path with overgrowth around it. Probably an old caretaker walkway. From the pit it was about 3 feet away. The area where the path and pit where was part of the old graveyard. They relocated the deceased and placed them further in. The tombstone was off the path by about a foot. I guess they forgot to grab him. Truely sad if that is the case, the dead should never be forgotten.
Danzz017 (4 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-05-23)
I think sam was not an evil spirit and he wanted you to leave that place safely so that no evil spirits harm you. 😊
Swimsinfire (11 stories) (556 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-04-14)
Great story. I think it was Sam too. But how did a pit have a path and a grave stone?
spiritwaiting (42 stories) (843 posts)
+2
10 years ago (2014-04-13)
[at] Charles_Edward, Its great your sensitive to the paranormal. The spirit was most likely trying to help you find your way out. Knowing obviously your friends had left. To me this sounds like a friendly spirit, just helping out. I would go back and tell Sam thankyou for helping. Great story.
SimplyMe (1 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-04-13)
Wow, that's crazy:D, I wish I was as sensitive as you to the paranormal but I also don't haha well I hope you do have further contact with the paranormal but nothing to weird to freak you out.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: