You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Shadow Figure, Why Is It Haunting Me?

Real Ghost Stories

Shadow Figure, Why Is It Haunting Me?

 

When I was about 10 years old, I started noticing a shadow figure following me around. It is about 6' tall and thin with one yellow eye and one red. I always want to refer to it as him. I have no idea why but I always do.

I started seeing him after my grandfather had a heart attack and was sent to the hospital for treatment/recovery. When he was discharged, my grandmother and I went to pick him up and bring him home. When they brought him out on the wheel chair, I noticed the figure standing at the entrance of the hospital. It was center to the automatic doors, looking straight at me. I turned away because I was scared and did not know what was going on. When I looked back, it was gone. I didn't start seeing it again until I was 18 and out of high school. I just finished with the MEPS processing and signed my contract for the United States Navy. Shortly after, I met my girlfriend (now ex) through a close friend of mine. I won't say her real name (due to respect of her wishes) so I will call her Sarah.

One night, she told me her mother is dabbles in the Occult and she does so as well. I told her about the shadow figure and she seemed a little worried. She said it could signify a bad omen. Now at this point I am a little scared obviously, so she said she would talk to her mother about it. After I dropped her off, I went back home and went to bed. I woke up to use the bathroom at what I believe was 0330-0400 timeframe. When I walked in to the bathroom, I felt as if someone was watching me. I went to look in the mirror and saw it. It was standing behind me in the doorway. I felt an immense pressure throughout my body as well feelings of dread and anger. I couldn't move. Its eyes were the same but brighter, almost blinding. It took all the energy I had to turn around and face it. When I finally did, it was gone. I felt very weak and almost hollow, like everything inside me became cold and empty. I found enough strength to get back to my bed and I don't even remember passing out.

I woke the next afternoon around 1530. I felt more energized but still not 100%. My girlfriend at the time called me and asked if I wanted to come over. Her mother was at work and she was making dinner. I said yes but she could tell something was wrong and she was worried.

When I arrived, I sat on the couch and told her what happened. She looked puzzled and that's when she told me she talked to her mom. Her mother seemed worried and told Sarah to be very careful around me. She told her whatever it is, it seems very destructive and angry. Sarah told me one other thing, this is where I need all of your advice. She said that night, her mother went in to her den (place of practice) and stayed in there for about an hour. When she came out, Sarah asked her what she was doing. Her mother was very dismissive and told her not to worry about it. I asked her what time all that took place and I was a bit nervous with what she told me. Her mother entered her den a little after midnight and finished up after 1, a few hours before my visit with the shadow figure. With that in mind, we both became worried (me more than her by far). After that, every time I was around her mother I felt very uneasy.

I have had several more encounters with this shadow figure and I just want to know why it is haunting me? I will post more stories when I have the chance. Any help would be much appreciated.

Other hauntings by Charles_Edward

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Maryland

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Charles_Edward, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-06-04)
Devil Doc...Enlisted...USN HM by any chance? Retired Navy myself and Yup preparing for a delay meant such as you are can be STRESSFUL. You also mention it's your 3rd so you know what I mean. This Shodow Figure is more than likely a physical manifestation of your stress... Or perhaps a spirit that thrives in/on stressful energy.

I have a feeling that what your Mother in Law was doing was a Protective on/around her daughter and NOT projecting something against you... If she is a TRUE WICCA/WITCH then she beleives/follows the 3 fold (7 fold) Law which basically states that whatever energy you put put will come back on you...multiplied...so you can see why something Protective would make more sense.

Feel free to try the Cleansing/Shielding technique I have posted on my profile... You may also want to take a walk in a park... Barefoot in the grass and let nature draw out your stress... Take the Family... The beach can be as good as the park... Just don't let the crowds 'stress' you out.

I know I missed your response by a week, I am sorry about that. Please ask any questions you may have.

Respectfully,

Rook 😉
phenonw (1 stories) (32 posts)
-1
10 years ago (2014-06-04)
Yeah, you got a problem 😢. You have a evil spirit or demon. The others on here are giving good advice. But it would be easier if you were a Christian, oh well guess you'll just have to make do.
If you want to contact me you may phenonwrestler [at] sbcglobal.net
Charles_Edward (3 stories) (3 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-05-28)
Sorry it took so long for a response back, I have been getting my family and I ready for my future deployment. To Rook, I am still in and getting ready for my 3rd deployment as a devil doc. I am going to post more stories now that I have the time. I hope you will comment and help me out with this. To spiritwaiting, I had an incident back in early 2012 that will be the next story I post. I am actually getting a little neverous talking about it.
inan0511 (11 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-04-17)
All you have to do is "TO KNEEL DOWN AND PRAY TO GOD!"

God loves us... Trust me He will listen to you and will protect you from these demons...

They are just pathetic demons who thrown out from the heavens... Lol
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+2
10 years ago (2014-04-16)
Rachel,

I entered your choice for a search and the first page that came up was a 'chat' and the person STATED they were talking about Psychic Vampires... Entities that 'suck our energy' to maintain thier own astral body.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, the symptoms he mentions are the same for individuals who have suffered SLEEP PARALYSIS... And beside Psy Vamps can be living people as well as.spirits/entities.

If you search You Tube then you find links to a series called The Haunted... More hype that fact... But that's just my opinion...

Now for the O/P...

Are you going through a period of stress with your Family... Like you may have when your Grandfather had the Heart Attack? If not your Family... Are YOU YOURSELF going through a period of stress?

The entity/spirit you describe MAY... MAY be stress related... So please ask yourself this... What was happening around/to you each time you have seen this thing? Stress entities CAN drain us because they may be a physical manifestation of your stress and because it uss your energy to form it causes you to feel drained. (From a retired squid to a squid... Or are you out?) This may be nothing more than that... Please share your other experiences with this entity... More information can lead to better answers.

Respectfully,

Rook
Rachel806 (1 stories) (14 posts)
-2
10 years ago (2014-04-16)
I know what it is. Some call it a spiritual vampire but its a demon. It feeds off of your energy leaving you tired and a bit distressed. If you do not believe me go ahead on youtube and look up The Haunted / Vampire Entitiy it should show a women and her experience if it is the same email me as soon as possible at allbright.rachel [at] yahoo.com
Spiritgirl1998 (6 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-04-16)
Hey, from what you're telling me. It has formed an attachment to you. And it also sounds like a demon. If it took your energy and had a bad aura then that just spells out a Demon. The best ting to do if you want to get rid of it is to go to a priest and tell them what has happened and that it has formed an attachment to you. There they will bless you.
Trust me it works. Unfortunately it will give you a head ache for a while with the Demon trying to keep the attachment. But ask for some holy water that was blessed by the priest to keep with you and when the head aches get really bad or any other type of pain that is filled with negative energy bless yourself with the holy water.
Keep doing that until all the pain has gone away.
Remember to keep an open mind but keep it strong and stay strong.

I believe you can do it and I put my faith in you. May God be with you. If anything else happens tell me and I'll see what information I can tell you from my knowledge of negative sprirts and demons.
SilverWolf77 (1 stories) (41 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-04-15)
Next time you see this shadow figure, tell it to stay out of your life.
Ghostexpert101 (14 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-04-13)
Sounds like a hex accidently put one on someone before it to stop its eating your fear so don't be scared know what ever you do to someone it comes back 3x hope this helps
(It might not be so say leave me alone in a stern voice don't give it fear pray to god for both hex and spirit read the bible)
lynrinth (guest)
+1
10 years ago (2014-04-13)
I don't suppose you thought of asking Sarah's mother what was going on? Mmm... Maybe something told you not to. Well, one of the commentors here as a housecleansing receipe. Pretty affective from what others have said when tried it. You could try it. His name is Rook. You can look up his profile and the receipe is on it. It's as good a start as any.
spiritwaiting (42 stories) (843 posts)
+2
10 years ago (2014-04-13)
[at] Charles_Edward, Because you have been seeing the shadow figure, and when you do you feel emptiness, anger etc. It would be best for you to try a cleansing of the home and yourself. It may be attached to you, because you are sensitive to the spirits. It also sounds as though its draining you of your energy to possibly become stronger, hence you feeling drained and hollow. Its important for you to surround yourself with a protective white light. Try closing your eyes and imagine a beautiful pure white light of love,protection,and healing surrounding you. Continue this until you can do a cleansing. This will help keep the shadow at bay.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: