You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Ghost Tours & Haunted Hotels :: A Dark Hand And The Perfume Ghost?

Real Ghost Stories

A Dark Hand And The Perfume Ghost?

 

A Dark Hand

It was the first time I stayed in a hotel as high quality as this one. It was in West Palm Beach, Florida and I was there for winter break with my family. I was sleeping on the sofa-bed, which was conveniently right across from the door on the other side of the room. I can't remember what night it was, but I woke up in the middle of the night, and I had an odd feeling. I looked at the alarm clock next to me and it was about 2:30 or 2:40ish.

I sat up and saw two shadows at the bottom of the door. (This hotel was old and you could very well see the light from the hallway from below the door.) It was obvious that it was somebody's feet. Then they disappeared. They didn't disappear one by one, so I am assuming that it jumped.

I didn't really know what to make of it, so I made sure I wasn't dreaming. (I pinched my cheek.) I saw a movement what I thought was in front of the door, and at the top of the door (where you could also see the light from the hallway) there was a little dark slit in the door. Then there was a visible hand and part of a wrist that has gotten through the door. I was way too shocked to scream so I just laid back down and tried to fall back asleep.

I honestly don't know what that was so if somebody could explain this event to me, that would be great.

And I forgot to mention earlier, this hotel used to be a hospital. I have talked to a lot of the other people staying at the hotel and a few of them have also seen paranormal activity throughout the hotel.

The Perfume Ghost

This story was from one of the guests over at the same hotel that I was talking to.

He said that it was about 2003. He was in the elevator and for some reason, at the third floor, the elevator doors opened and nothing was there. He didn't think much of it at the moment, so he just pressed the button that shut the doors, and continued to go up to the 7th floor.

He said that he then noticed the perfume smell that made the whole elevator smell like flowers. He said that he was a little weirded out, but the didn't dwell too much on the smell. He thought that he just failed to notice it when he first stepped into the elevator.

Once he got to the 7th floor, he stepped out and he could still smell the perfume in the hallway. He started walking, and he could still smell it. Then he was turning the corner to go right. (You could either go right or left.) The perfume smell seemed to go to the left. He then changed his course to go to the left hallway, then this is when he started to wonder if it was a ghost wandering the hotel. So he jogged to see if he could catch up to the ghost.

He did. Then he said that the smell all of a sudden just disappeared so he assumed that it went through a wall.

If you have any comments, please post them and I'll most likely respond:)

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Florida

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, AnUnknownUser, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

AnUnknownUser (1 stories) (1 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-04-16)
I'm pretty sure that it was like an asylumish hospital or a military hospital. The owner of the hotel told me but I can't remember what it was right now. I'm leaning toward the asylumish hospital. 😕 hope that helps! 😊
Spiritgirl1998 (6 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-04-16)
Hey, many Hospitals over the world have their ghosts/spirits. Some more than others. I think you hould look into what kind of hospital that hotel was. And especially the where the different wards were. Becuase the type of ward that the beedroom you were taying in would effect the type of ghost/spirits that would be there.

For the Perfume ghost. Many ghosts/spirits have a scent or smell to them. Most of the time that scent or smell enables people to tell what type of ghost/spirit they are and how they died. For example, if a ghost had a pungent smell or scent that would indicate a ghst/spirit who had died sadly or in another bad way and wasn't very happy.

But I believe that there's nothing there for people to be afraid of. But it would be goo for you to look up the type of hosptal that hotel use to be.
Thanks for sharing your experience. 😁
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-04-15)
If there is wood trim and it's old there is a chance that on a humid day the wood will expand and release any oders it has absorbed over the years. It's less likely if the wood has been painted but it is a possible, non-paranormal reason to experience a 'phantom smell'...researching the property may help to determine if something like this May be the case... What kind of individuals have stayed at this hotel over the years? Even looking into popular cleaning agents over the years... Again with the right environmental conditions a smell may be released. It's hard to tell from just one experience... One not had by the O/P.

As for the hand... And I do not mean to discount your experience... But did you check for cobwebs when you got up the next morning... If light was leaking through the top of the door and there was a loose cob web it may has cast a shadow that looked like a hand pushing through the crack in the door.

Just some things to think about. Remember no matter how scared we get EVERYTHING natural must be ruled out before the supernatural can be considered.

Respectfully,

Rook
twelveam (74 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-04-15)
The perfume smell usually indicates a female spirit (perfume or fresh flowers). I have heard a lot about the smells appearing and are quite strong, and then they disappear just as quickly! I agree with lady-glow that these are residual occurrences. You are lucky to have been a part of them, even though you might not have felt that way at the time! 😆 I enjoyed reading this and wouldn't mind checking that hotel out myself! 😨 😊
lady-glow (16 stories) (3149 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-04-14)
I wonder if the hand you saw belonged to a former patient of the hospital.😐
Other than previously being a hospital, do you know any more about the history of the place?
I think that both experiences are residual haunting and neither you nor the other guest were in danger.
Thanks for sharing.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: