You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Creeped Out At Work

Real Ghost Stories

Creeped Out At Work

 

I suppose it all started a couple years ago, when I started my job managing a local pizza shop. The main shift that I have is opening the store, which means I have two hours by myself in the morning before opening to prepare pizzas and set up the store. Now, I tend to just dismiss weird sounds and movements, because I am logical, and regardless of whether or not I've experienced anything paranormal, doesn't necessarily mean that everything "weird" is a ghost. So for the first few months, all the "objects falling" and "disappearing measuring cups" were all dismissed in my mind as something logical. Things changed when employees started coming to me with "weird stories" about their clothing being moved, or boxes flying off racks, etc. One employee claims that she sees strange figures from the corner of her eyes, like a white hand, for example. I, myself, constantly hear footsteps behind me, and think it's another employee, but in reality, this employee is actually in another room. Only two people work at the same time during open store hours in the day time.

I suppose there are too many small experiences to list, so I'll stick to the ones that really pop out. First, I'll explain two employee stories, and then I'll get to mine. A girl at work, who actually has an account on this site, told me she felt a presence in the store, long after I experienced stuff. She said she felt a young boy, and that he was just playful. He was nothing to worry about. The girl quit, because she just disliked the job all together. Another girl was working in the back of the store, and all of a sudden she came running to me "Laurren! I just saw a little boy out of the corner of my eye, but he disappeared when I turned to fully look at him." This girl did not speak to the other girl about her feeling a young boy's presence.

I was working with another girl one day, and I was working in the back, and she was in the front. I heard a loud crashing noise, and the girl quickly came to the back and said, "You'd better take a look at this. I was at the until the entire time." Between the front and the back is a steel table that we keep cleaning solutions on. The bottles usually hang on a metal bar. One of them fell. Normally, this would not phase us. This time, however, there was something fishy. This girl swore on her life she did not move anything, and that this was exactly how she found the bottle. There was solution all over the floor, but the bottle was sitting upright on the table, with the lid completely across the table... In the simplest terms, someone "dropped the bottle, said "oh sh**", quickly picked up the bottle and put it on the table, and then ran away. The poor girl was afraid to be alone in the store once I left.

To my story. I was at work particularly early one morning, preparing for a school order. I was expecting a male employee to arrive within the half hour. I was in the bathroom changing into my uniform when I heard a loud "Laurren?" come from inside the store. I quickly opened the door because it sounded like my employee (high pitched voice) had called me. I thought he entered the store early for his shift. "Yes?" as I opened the door really quick because I legitimately heard this, really loud. The front door was still locked, and my employee entered 10 minutes later, showing up early for his shift. I was so terrified because I legitimately thought I heard a PERSON call for me. Now that I think about it though, this high pitched voice could also be one of a young boy.

Other than those specific stories, we constantly hear footsteps and feel like there is someone behind us. This includes everybody at the store, even the ones that think the idea of spirits is strange. One boy who does not believe at all (or didn't) came running back just the other day because he saw pans flying off the top of the oven (no conveyor belt, no shaking, no wind) and I had to wash them. He was really creeped out.

My sensitive friend and I wanted to do research on the property. There was nothing on the internet about the specific property that we're in, but we quickly realized, "What's behind the property? An extremely old railway." Mystery solved. We're thinking of smudging the place, if the owner allows. It has scared too many employees.

Now, I wrote the above about two months ago, but the adding stories section of the site was taken down. There are a couple updates: For a while, more and more things were flinging off shelves... Once even big cans flew off the shelf. An employee and I watched it. When that happened, the employee yelled "F*** off ghost!"... Since then, only one more strange occurrence happened. (Just cups being flung off the shelf) It's pretty much calmed down now. I just wanted to share regardless. Thank you!

Other hauntings by laurrennm

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Canada

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, laurrennm, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

elnoraemily (guest)
+1
10 years ago (2014-04-17)
Put up some motion activated cameras in the most active areas. If people are seeing a little boy, maybe he just wants to play.
Rachel806 (1 stories) (14 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-04-15)
Why don't you ask the young boy to please stop scaring the customers the spirit in my house leaves us alone when we ask so why don't you just try asking another idea is getting an evp (Hope you know what that is) and try to ask the boy some questions I can also tell you how to cross him over if he wants to though just email me at allbright.rachel [at] yahoo.com:)
SilverWolf77 (1 stories) (41 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-04-15)
I like how the person telling the ghost to F off seems to have done the trick.
BlackMurderknot (guest)
+1
10 years ago (2014-04-15)
If I was working in that pizza shop and saw that boy I would totally get freak out, run outside and quit. 😨 that ghost was so silly
lady-glow (16 stories) (3154 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-04-14)
Very interesting story.
Have you ever considered taking a video of the activity and show it to the owner of the place? -Watching what you guys have to go trough would help him/her to understand the need to do something to rid the place of this little ghost.
Perhaps he is only a child trying to get some attention, but some of the things he's doing could put the employees' safety at risk.
I hope you can help this little boy to cross over and go to a better place.
Keep us posted. ❤

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: