You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: A Missing Person

Real Ghost Stories

A Missing Person

 

I am a regular reader of this site as I am interested in paranormal experiences and stuff like that. I prefer this site better because I can read paranormal experiences all over the world. I never thought of registering to this site before as I am kind of lazy doing the commenting stuff like that. But my friend managed to prompt me to submit my story as she (myself as well) would like to hear your opinion on it. I am not asking you to believe me as it might seem ridiculous, nonsense or insane BUT I will give it a chance.

I am a believer in paranormal stuff but I tend to get any (even slightest) possible explanation (s) to any weird occurences around me as I know sometimes our mind can play tricks on us or it is the mother nature doings. First off, I am just a normal young adult. I did experiences some paranormal occurences but nothing compared to this story.

Last year, my brother befriends some of the new guys that have just moved in into the new flats building built in our town. We live in a small town in Sabah (Borneo), Malaysia. My family and I live in a semi-detached house in a housing area not far from the town. It will only take 10 minutes walking from my house to the town. Now my brother tends to hang out a lot in one of the new flats with his new buddies until I have to check on him once in a while, as I am a protective big sister and I didn't really know his friends so I'm afraid if they are doing something illegal like taking drugs BUT thanks God they didn't!

So, let's walk on my story. I was working night shifts at a local diner at that time and my shifts only begin after 5 pm. Sometimes, usually once or twice a week I will be helping out at a homecare for old folks. I was doing it out of charity reason and I do love the job until now. I was finishing changing the diaper of an old granny when suddenly the rain started pouring down. It was not that heavy but enough to make you wet. I usually didn't bring any umbrella with me so I borrowed one from the back shelf. It was a bit past 4 pm when I left the homecare and bought some food for the boys.

Because I will be passing the new flats before reaching the diner, I was being generous on buying them some carbonated drinks as well. When I was done at the vending machine, I sighted a man running in the rain and he took a shelter on the other vending machine at my left. I asked him where he is going and I found out he is going to the new flats too. I offered him to walk with me there as I have enough space under the umbrella for two. He agreed and joined me shortly after.

During our walk there, he wasn't talking much just the short replies of "uh" or "hmm." Not very clear too but I assumed he is not the much talking type so I went silent until five minutes later we reached the building. Since my brother is on the 6th floor I have to take the elevator up there. The man joined me and he pressed the 5th floor button. When the elevator stopped at his destination, he come out quickly and went to the nearest door on the left (the elevator is facing the hallways in which you can see all the flats' doors on your left side clearly. It was odd at the time as the elevator door kind of stuck. I keep pressing the button and it won't close. That's when I saw him pulling out his keys, opened the door to his flat, entered it and then closed it. I saw some of the furniture too. Then the button started to work again.

When I reached at the 6th floor of the building, my brother was waiting for me outside the elevator anxiously. I asked him why and he said he saw me coming from the street on the bedroom window but I took nearly 15 minutes to go up there and he was worried. I told him about the man I had walk with and he said he didn't see anyone except me and the food I brought with me. I told him maybe it was another woman but he insisted he saw me walking alone. Then I was like "go and ask the man below your floor and see what he has to say about me?" He was puzzled for a moment and then he said the entire 5th floor was vacant.

And of course I argued with him so as to prove my sanity. He asked me to ask the owner of the building if I didn't believe him. I don't know what got into me that day but I waited until the owner come back to the building, the owner returned at late hour of 5 p.m. (he lives in one of the flats and I've met him few times before). Guess what? He repeated the same words to me "the entire 5th floor was vacant and no one lives there yet." But I'm not satisfied so I asked him to show me some of the rooms in 5th floor and I intentionally picked the room which I saw the man going into.

I was speechless when I saw the very same room I saw earlier was entirely vacant. It's not even furnished yet so I was like "Am I going nuts?" But I didn't tell the owner about my encounter with the man out of fear of being ridiculed. And because of all these stuff I was running late to my job but I was somehow relieved because in between 4:40 pm and 5 pm, two pedestrians are involved in a fatal accident on the very same road I used to reach the diner. But I'm still confused about Who Is That Man I Met That Day? Coincidentally he saved my life. (I am not sure but it could have been me who involved in that accident if I am not delayed.)

Any comments will be appreciated. Thanks for sparing your time for my story. Have a good day.

Other hauntings by JeunaBella

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, JeunaBella, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

bekher91 (3 posts)
+2
9 years ago (2015-07-17)
[at] JeunaBella
I did not expect that you experienced this kind of thing in your place. As a fellow Sabahan, I am so proud of you because you experience this kind of this thing in your life. I also want to experience this kind of this thing, as I never experienced it in my life.
aceeyu (2 posts)
+2
10 years ago (2014-05-03)
I think the man (spirit) with you that day indeed wanted to delay you and save you from the accident. I'm a Christian and we call those beings as guardian angels. I don't know whether you believe in those things but I do and I encountered such as well not just once but numerous times.
notjustme (19 stories) (852 posts)
+2
10 years ago (2014-04-22)
oh I loveddd this story! So neat! I think you got to be a part of the past. I mean you somehow entered another time or dimension, if you will. While the spirit was reliving his past, you somehow entered his realm. Just my wild suggestion. 😳
sheetal (6 stories) (771 posts)
+2
10 years ago (2014-04-22)
hii JeunaBella I know your responsibility as I am also the elder sister of my NAUGHTY brother. 😊
JeunaBella (3 stories) (58 posts)
+2
10 years ago (2014-04-21)
Hi sheetal. Thank you for your comments. I do believe that some coincidence happens for reasons and sister responsibilities especially when you are the eldest isn't easy. My mother tongue is not English so I tried to write as clear as I could by inserting relevant details only. I am glad that my story is exactly the same as the first time I wrote them out for submission. God Bless All of Us:-)
sheetal (6 stories) (771 posts)
+2
10 years ago (2014-04-21)
hii, jeunaBella first you are a very good narrator and a big protective sister. Next I believe in your story cause sometime something came and luckily saved you from accident. This is also happened to one of my friend.

God Bless you
JeunaBella (3 stories) (58 posts)
+2
10 years ago (2014-04-20)
Now when I think back he was a bit blurry at that time. But it was raining and I didn't really care as I thought it is normal. Till this day I am still puzzled as the brief moment I had with him was real. I swear he was so real and the next minutes he was gone. I did research on the ground but nothing much as before the flats was built, it was merely a huge field there.
GeeB1234 (1 stories) (3 posts)
+2
10 years ago (2014-04-20)
Seems as if someone really wanted to delay you from getting to work and being involved in that accident! I'm no expert by any means but I believe he was there for a reason, you didn't imagine it and at the time he was very real!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: