You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Is My Work Place Haunted Or Is There Something Following Me?

Real Ghost Stories

Is My Work Place Haunted Or Is There Something Following Me?

 

Everyday I walk pass a mortuary when I go to work and when I return from work. I try to say a little prayer if I remember when I was passing it.

The entrance to my work place has marble floors. It's a long corridor before you actually enter the main office. I sit at the front desk so I'm pretty much all by myself at the front. Every now and then in the morning when I come to work, I hear footsteps and when I check to see if there was someone coming into the office, there is nobody. I shrug it off. Once in awhile I hear footsteps in the afternoon.

This happened I think on April 10, 2014

My coworker and I were both in the kitchen in the morning getting a cup of coffee. We both heard footsteps, so we stepped out to take a look and there was nobody. I asked her, "you heard someone, right?" She said yes. So, I know it's not just me hearing things.

Every so often I hear a sound coming from the right side of my desk. There is a drawer/cabinet and a door behind the drawer. It sounds like a tap or something dropped but there is nothing in the drawer or the door that leads to I have no idea where.

My question is, is my work place haunted or is there something following me? Did something or someone latch onto me when I walk pass the mortuary? Can spirits follow you from a different place? What I really would like to know, am I some sort of magnet to spirits/ghosts or whatever it is? I have always experience something weird throughout my childhood and adulthood. Is there nothing I can do to get rid of this curse/gift however you want to put it?

Some people like to use me and ask if there is something in their house. I do feel a presence every now and than in certain places but not all. For example: my sister's friend asked me if I felt anything in the bedroom where a friend of their committed suicide. I told them no but there is something in the kitchen. After I told them, they said they often hear things in the kitchen even though nobody is in there.

Other hauntings by mylittlerabbits

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, mylittlerabbits, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

twelveam (74 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-04-22)
Hi mylittlerabbits,

It sounds to me that you may have a "gift" to sense things and attract them. Usually, when spirits know someone that is able to sense them, they try to communicate with those people. Reason being, they may have a message they want to communicate to another living person or other similar reasons. As far as getting rid of the gift, you could choose not to participate in that, and attempt to ignore those things but sensitives that go with their gifts usually use it to help others. If you do not want to get involved in using your sensitivity, then I feel you need to ignore it as best as you can. My mother is a psychic/medium and she has learned to be able to control her communications with spirits and deal with it when she is able to address it. Sure, the persistency of the spirits are there but she can just turn-off her reception when she needs to, so that she can go about taking care of daily life, but at a short time later she let's herself tune back in and address those messages.
mylittlerabbits (3 stories) (10 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-04-21)
Justin_Nokkie:
I forgot to ask. If it's suppose to be a gift, can I get rid of it? I do not want to hear or sense them. Some I do not mind so much but than there are others that scares me.
mylittlerabbits (3 stories) (10 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-04-21)
I forgot to mention I work in San Francisco. Part of the building was built in 1980 and the high rise was built in 1983. I know there was a huge earthquake in 1906.

Orion-Blacksky: I know it's not a stalker since our building is a close building, which means you need to check with security before you can go up to any suite. Security always call to let us know someone is downstairs and wants to come up. They never allow people to go up until the tenants say ok send them up. Especially our suite since, I work for the owners. So, its definitely no a stalker.

Rod0008: Its kind of hard to ask co-works since they are all one of those who would think I am crazy.

Justin_Nokkie: I sense something where I live as well but it feel like there's more than one (1) in the house. Some feels evil and others feels ok. Some scares me and some do not. The one I feel around here doesn't feel bad.

My mom told me the mark on her arm was done by a ghost. She said whatever it was it bite her when she was younger and she still has the scar. I've had this feeling or whatever you want to call it since I was a kid. I don't know if it followed me or is it all different spirits.
Justin_Nokkie (2 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-04-21)
Its possible that it my lach on to you and you may have a gift like a medium... Now spirits do make contact in weird ways, do you get encounters at home from a ghost and do you perhaps get this feeling at home that it might be the same from work (try to remember if you felt like you might be in harm or so)
Rod0008 (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-04-21)
All I would say is don't just let it pass, because I did that and regreteded it later. You could end up wondering for the rest of your life what it was. Research and ask people.
Orion-Blacksky (2 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-04-20)
I'm not sure about that mate, I would do some research on the building, and see if anything has happened there. I would continue to be alert as well... Just in case it is just a stalker

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: