You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Gurudwara

Real Ghost Stories

Gurudwara

 

Little background, I belong to Sikh community of India. Gurudwara is home of our god Waheguruji or Babaji. My grandfather came down to India after India-Pakistan partition in 1948-1950 and my father was 20 days old that time.

Back to story, my grandfather settled in a place called Aurangabad (which was a total forest at that time) in India and started his business as wood cutter. When my daddy was 11-12 years old, papaji (grandfather) used to take my daddy to forest to teach him how the whole thing works. Going to forest in the morning and coming back in evening with woods was their daily routine. And whole forest was their home now.

Once, when both of them were winding up for the day, they heard some sound of kirtan (holy chantings or for better understanding, holy songs sung for pleasing (god) Babaji) coming from distant place.

Both of them walked in that direction to check what it is. After walking for like 5-10 minutes, they saw a gurudwara there with Bhaijis (priests) singing kirtans, which was something out of the place at that time: a gurudwara in middle of forest. Both of them were wondering how come that they have never noticed it before.

Anyways, both of them entered gurudwara, bowed their head in front of Babaji and said their prayers. They sat there for some time and when they got up to leave for home, a bhaji came to them and gave them kada parshaad (kada parshaad is holy offering to Babaji. It's made up of sugar, ghee and wheat flour. After offering it to Babaji, it is distributed among the people whoever visit gurudwara as a blessing from Babaji). My papaji took kada parshaad and wrap it in piece of paper, thinking that they will share it with all the family members after reaching home.

They reached home, took their bath and ate their dinner. After that my papaji remembered about kada parshaad they got from gurudwara. He unwrapped the paper to distribute it among everybody, but as soon as he opened it, there was no kada parshaad there. Instead there was cow dung in there. Both of them were shocked and confused, could not believe their own eyes. The whole family was quiet and staring at them and they were speechless.

Next day they went to same place where they saw gurudwara, but there was no sign of it, the whole thing along with bhaijis was gone. It was forest again.

Papaji and my daddy passed away long back leaving this story of their experience with us. But nobody knows what happened to gurudwara, why my papaji and daddy were chosen to experience it.

Other hauntings by senorita

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from India

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, senorita, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Gayatrishiva (3 stories) (121 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-01-10)
I think that might an astral spiritual temple of some kind which only few people are lucky enough to see it.
ilajenz2 (6 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-02-26)
creeeepyyyy! Still good one ❤ I don't know what to say?i'm running out of words ❤
Singha2014 (1 stories) (28 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-09-04)
I have heard this type of story so many time, these were a group of Ghost. They were good one, as in their life time they were God loving people.
sheetal (6 stories) (771 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-05-05)
(at) senorita... I know it's not possible but may be if this can possible then I really want to go back in time to solve this mystery. 😁
senorita (2 stories) (17 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-05-04)
Hi teeny tiny... Sheetal already answered your question... I will add something to it... I am indian, from sikh family. Whatever explanation you can be true or not... Because it still remains a mystery for all of us... As far as cow and cow dung is concern... They both are holy and sacred for almost all the Indians for various reasons... I remember during my childhood, tiles were not used, instead cow dung was used for for flooring the ground as it is said that cow dung kills the bacteria and keep the house clean... In many indian villages... From then until today cow dung cakes are used as substitute of wood for cooking food on chulhas... I remember my daddy saying that food cooked on chulhas rather than modern gas strove was more tastier and healthy ...so everybody at my home took it lightly thanks for commenting.

[at] sheetal - he he... But you know what even if given a chance... I will never go back in time. I am very timid animal:P
sheetal (6 stories) (771 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-05-01)
To Teeny tiny... Animals are not Taboo in Hinduism as far as I know cow is not a taboo for sikh also.
Cow is called as our "Gaumata" (our mother) and we respect, we worship the cow. You may be find it strange but we use cow dung for our holy ritual. (marriage and other holy occasion). Without the cow dung ritual never named as complete. We also use cow urine for curing many decease.

We worship animal in form of different god like Shri Ganesha, Lord Hanuman.

Hoping that your question are perfectly answered.
😁

Regards,
sheetal (6 stories) (771 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-05-01)
(at) senorita... You know I find your story very interesting. I was thinking that if I can go in that era so I can find all the answer related to this experience.
It's woken my detective skill lol.

😜

Hope one day we will find answer.
TeenyTiny (10 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-05-01)
What a fascinating story! I'm also curious about why the kada parshaad turned out to be cow dung of all things. Perhaps what your father and your grandfather saw was created by mischievous entities. Maybe their respectful actions towards Babaji spared them from some sort of punishment. Instead they were allowed to leave with an interesting memento and a good story to tell.
On a side note, I was about to attribute the cow dung to the sacred being brought down to everyday reality because I assumed Indians thought cows were sacred. (Cow is sacred. Dung is an unavoidable reality... Hahaha) I did a google search and realized my ignorance. Hindus have some ties to cows but it isn't necessarily sacred... According to one site cows are taboo. Is that right? And Sikhs worship God... They do not worship animals. Is that correct? Sorry for my random questions. I only wish to understand where you are coming from.
senorita (2 stories) (17 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-05-01)
[at] sheetal- no, as far as I know, but m daddy and papaji saw many bhaijis in that gurudwara
sheetal (6 stories) (771 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-04-29)
hi senorita after reading more comments I want to ask Is anyone else seen Gurudwara? (expect your dad & grand dad) 😕
senorita (2 stories) (17 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-04-27)
allesgute154 - yeah but they didn't hurt anybody moreover they were changing kirtans... Thanks for the comment:)
senorita (2 stories) (17 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-04-27)
Talib--could be because during those day jinns and ghost were more active as compare to these days... Thanks for the comment:)
allesgute154 (3 stories) (254 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-04-25)
I suspect it was probably a trick of the spirits to lure your papaji and dad and hurt them... Lucky they escaped unhurt. Maybe their devotion to god saved them.
talib (58 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-04-25)
senorita I suspect they were JINNS, these are supernatural beings mentioned in the QURAN. They follow different reiigions, some are muslims, our PROPHET had an encouter with a group of jinns who accegted islam, he said bones and animal dung is the food of jinns explains why the prasad turned to cow dung
senorita (2 stories) (17 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-04-23)
[at] sheetal- gurudwara is a peacefull place for sure... Whenever I go here my heart feels heavy and I feel like crying out of joy... You gave a good explainations... Who knows there was a gurudwara there and babaji until lives here:)...thanks for comment...btw, when I come to india for vacations, I land in mumbai and stay in andheri east, visit gurudwara daily:)
sheetal (6 stories) (771 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-04-23)
Hi... Senorita... I am not Sikh but I have visited Gurudwara when I was for visit in Punjab. I find peace in Gurudwara.
Coming to your story... The thing which I got strange is Why the parsaad became cow dung. 😕
Back in time I think on that place must have Gurudwara.
It will be destroyed by something. And seen by those person whom they want to see.
senorita (2 stories) (17 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-04-23)
[at] lady Glow- I know dear... It is puzzling, but that's what actually happen to them... Thanks for comment:)
senorita (2 stories) (17 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-04-23)
[at] polixterly- yeah, even we wonder up until now that why they were chosen, but then again papaji and daddy always took it as a blessing because they got the chance to visit gurdwara in the middle of the jungle:)...thanks for comment buddy
PoliexterLy (2 stories) (92 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-04-22)
Very interesting story! It is mysterious as to why your Papaji and your dad were chosen to see the gurudwara.
But at least you have the chance to share their experience with others
lady-glow (16 stories) (3149 posts)
+2
10 years ago (2014-04-22)
Senorita: that is a puzzling story.
In my culture it is common to hear stories about people finding buried money or getting it from a ghost, only for the money to turn into pieces of coal or feces by the next morning. 😐
Thanks for sharing.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: