You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Ghost Tours & Haunted Hotels :: The Coral Hotel

Real Ghost Stories

The Coral Hotel

 

This happened two years ago when I was staying in Waikiki at the Royal Hawaiian with my family. This isn't a large haunting like many of the other stories on this website. Though, I find that it is wise to share this story. In case anyone else happens to come in contact with spirits in this hotel.

At first the vacation went normally without any sort of paranormal activity. But on the fourth day was when the first event occurred. I was laying in my bed late at night watching television when suddenly the television turned off. I thought for a moment it might have been a power outage, since the television would not turn back on. But the lamp on my bedside table worked perfectly. That's when I saw that the television had been unplugged. Which is understandably odd.

I thought at first that maybe it hadn't been plugged in all the way. But those suspicions changed rather quickly. I plugged the television back in but decided to leave it off and go to sleep. Before I go on any further with the story, I will say that my room had a door on the inside that led to where my grandmother was staying.

Now, I was about to fall asleep when I felt something tugging the covers back and I thought it was my mother who had returned from seeing an old friend, then I realized I hadn't heard the door open. Then I heard small laughter that sounded like that of a child. That's when I opened my eyes and saw in the corner of the room beside my bed was a little boy in a sailor suit smiling at me. I was startled but I didn't feel threatened by the spirit. The little boy disappeared a few seconds later.

That isn't the only experience I had at this hotel, though none were as eventful as the little sailor boy. My second experience was when I saw a little girl in the hall as I was walking back up to my room after a long day of hiking. She disappeared nearly as soon as I saw her. I don't know if it was a trick of the light, but instinct tells me that that little girl was indeed a spirit. This sighting happened two days after the first one.

My final sighting was three days after the second, I was taking pictures of the hotel, when I checked my pictures I noticed something strange in two of them. In one picture of the gardens you could distinctly see the image of a Hawaiian woman in a red dress, she seemed to be walking. The other picture captured where you could distinctly see a person was one of a young woman sitting in a chair, she seemed very distant and sad.

After that I didn't have any other sightings in the hotel, though I did feel a strange prescience. They weren't threatening, just curious. I believe that these spirits were people that had happy times at this hotel and returned to revisit this time in their life.

If anyone happens to visit this hotel, watch for these spirits, you may indeed come in contact with them.

Other hauntings by wolfavera

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Hawaii

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, wolfavera, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments but I won't participate in the discussion.

TCTNews (1 posts)
+1
4 years ago (2019-11-25)
Wolfavera, can you contact me? I'm a reporter writing an article about this hotel and this particular boy, whom others have seen.
supernatural11 (8 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-04-27)
Wow! That is a pretty cool story:) I am looking forward to seeing those pictures! If I ever go to Waikiki I'd be sure to take a look at that hotel!
allesgute154 (3 stories) (254 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-04-25)
Wolfavera, please do post the pics. It would really make for some interesting viewing.
sheetal (6 stories) (771 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-04-25)
I am so curious to see that picture. Please post it as soon as possible. Regards,
samtillie (5 stories) (242 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-04-23)
Hi I also look forward to seeing your evidence. Many people post their stories on here saying they have photographs etc and make excuses for not posting them, which is a shame.
lady-glow (16 stories) (3149 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-04-22)
wolfavera: thank you very much for answering! 😁
I'm looking forwards to see them and apologize for the nagging, glad to know you decided to participate in the discussion!
wolfavera (2 stories) (7 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-04-22)
To lady-glow: I am still working on transferring these photos from my camera to my laptop, once they are then a link to these photos will be added.
-Jinx
lady-glow (16 stories) (3149 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-04-22)
wolfavera: posting the pictures you took at the hotel would give back your story some of the credibility it lost when you decided not to participate in the discussion... What a shame! 😕 😢

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: