You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: First Experience With The Supernatural

Real Ghost Stories

First Experience With The Supernatural

 

I was 12 years old at the time. My best friend had been spending the night. In my house there was me, my friend, my sister, and my mom. We have cats and dogs. My bedroom is on the other side of the house. The bedroom door leads into the kitchen, on the other side of the island is my computer desk.

It was about 3 am and I was awoken by the sound of something banging. In my house there is always some kind of bang so I wrote it off as a cat playing. But I then realized that all of my cats were in my room and the door was closed. I had then remembered that my 4 cats had been horribly ill. They had contracted a disease from the vet's office, and they were too weak to move, and we even had to us an IV line to give them fluids. (They are all ok now) I was worried when I had noticed that it could of been an intruder. My friend was sleeping right next to me on my trundle bed. I thought it might of been my sister rustling in the kitchen. So when I walked out into the kitchen, my computer chair was banging back and forth in between the walls and the desk. I thought it might of been a dog so I looked closer and all I kept seeing was a white light concentrated on the wall above my desk. I looked around and it wasn't coming from anywhere that I could tell. I ran back into my room and slammed the door. I woke my friend up and it stopped. I was horrified.

The next morning I got up and looked around to see if there were any lights coming off of any of the technology and there wasn't. I told my mom and she said that she has been having some experiences too.

The ghost that looks like me-

My sister and my mom have both seen this ghost. It will just walk around and do normal things. My sister was sitting in the living room, it was about 12 am. And she saw 'me' walk down the hallway into the kitchen and she heard it open the cabinet. She asked me what I was doing up so late with school the next morning. After there wasn't an answer, she got up to see what I was doing but when she got into the kitchen it was gone. There is only one way in and out of the kitchen, and that's through the hallway by the living room. She didn't see it come out, it just vanished. She walked into my room and I was sound asleep. No sign of having moved.

My mom was sitting on the couch and I was doing the dishes. She got up and saw it walking into her bedroom. She was going to ask me a question and followed it into the bedroom asking what I was doing. I yelled from the kitchen that I was doing the dishes and she swore I was going into her bedroom. I have also seen some sort of ghost that looks like me in the mirror, but when I blink it goes away. It has only happened once. Thanks for reading.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Australia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, HarlettaC, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Hammerdwalrus (4 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-08-23)
I've heard of this before. A phenomenon that is called "Bi-Location" or "doppelganger" I think of it as a repeat of the past or a view in to the future.
HarlettaC (1 stories) (2 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-06-05)
lady-glow, I have bad paranoia and I was trying to rationalize with myself. My mom always told me to face my fears because 9/10 times it will just be your imagination. I also didn't hear any alerts from my alarm system saying that a front or back door had been opened or a window had been open. No one woke up from the noise but me. I am a very light sleeper when I have guests in my house. I told the others what had happened but none of them heard anything. 😕
HarlettaC (1 stories) (2 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-06-05)
Oops! I had no idea I was logged into my moms account posting this! We were sharing a computer. I am almost 16 now. The cats are ages 5, 6 and 7. I did have a cat that passed in 2010 she was 18. 😭
PaigeTheGymast (16 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-04-26)
Well it might be a coincidence that this girl looks like you and your family members just see "you" walking around and its really her. Or she looks like you and is just having fun making you and your family confused because she thinks that it is funny. Just kind of accept her as long as she is not being aggressive which it sounds as if she is pretty harmless.
freakedoutfreddy (1 stories) (77 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-04-26)
harletta - did your mom say what happened to her?
And your cats sure are old, I hope mine lives as long as them 😐
sheetal (6 stories) (771 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-04-25)
very horrible I liked you experience. You are lucky that you are not frequently suffered this. God bless You!
lostghostgal (69 posts)
+2
10 years ago (2014-04-23)
lady-glow I thought the something and harletta I had a cats for years but they don't live very long time some live 14 or 21 years depend on what kind of cats.
Whatever that noise might be the resident before your move there and the family that thought was you may had been doubleganger a copy ghost.
lady-glow (16 stories) (3157 posts)
+3
10 years ago (2014-04-22)
Hi Harletta and welcome to YGS.
I have some questions about your story, you say you were 12 y/o when this happened and now they are OK; your profile says you are a middle age adult (40+,according to YGS's guidelines). -Do you mean your cats are at least 28 years old? 😲
If at first you thought an intruder could be in the house, why did you go to the kitchen to see if it was your sister the one making the noise?
Did any one else wake up with the noise?
Thanks for sharing your experience with us.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: