You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: First Time Experience, Age 7, Demon Or Negative Energy?

Real Ghost Stories

First Time Experience, Age 7, Demon Or Negative Energy?

 

When I was about 7 years old I was sleeping upstairs where my bedroom and my brother's bedroom was located along with a spare bedroom and a bathroom. For some reason I was half asleep half awake and felt like the whole room was closing in and moving around like I was on a boat or ship. I was fully awake and able to move after awhile and decided to use the bathroom which was located down the hallway to the right of the house from my room past the stairwell. For some reason I felt the urge to look around my doorway to the left towards my brother's room. He was sleeping and his door was open. I looked back down the hallway towards the bathroom and still felt like I needed to look towards my brother's bedroom. I remember the air feeling heavy and cold (this was summertime and the upstairs was always hot, even with the air conditioner in the stairwell, pointing up and down the stairs).

When I took a second look down the hallway towards my brother's bedroom I seen two very large red glowing eyes under his bed. This made absolutely no sense to me because under his bed was always packed full of dirty clothes, toys, and just general garbage (yes my brother was lazy and hated having to clean anything). We did have a cat and a dog (he was a indoor/outdoor cat that was always outside at night during the summer months and the dog was too big to fit under the bed). I remember screaming at the top of my lungs.

My parent's bedroom was downstairs and it took them awhile to run up the stairs to get to me. It felt like I was screaming forever. They were trying to get me to calm down. I was crying hysterically after I was done screaming. After I was able to tell them what I saw, they of course didn't believe me, they thought I was just remembering my dream. I wouldn't go to the bathroom by myself that night. My mother and father thought I was being ridiculous.

After that night I would always put books propped up against the bottom of my bed so that I couldn't see underneath my bed at night. And I would run and jump on my bed after the lights were off so that I wouldn't have to step near the opening under my bed. I also did not go into my brother's room for a long time either. I still believe what I saw that night was a demon or some sort of negative presence.

After 6 years, I was about 13 years old then, my parents informed me that I used to sleepwalk. I don't remember ever sleepwalking. They told me that I would always try and go out the front door, so they would have to deadbolt the door. I would only try to unlock the doorknob lock. Any one think that this sleepwalking was related to seeing the negative presence or just regular sleepwalking?

I have had other paranormal experiences in this house along with some stories that my parents revealed to me after I was old enough to be told about them.

The experience my parents revealed to me was that they had a crocheted star in a metal ring that was on a string connected to a window with one of those suction cup hook hangers. They said that the ring with the star in it started swinging back and forth in a regular rhythm. They said that no windows or doors were open and it was swinging too much side to side to be any sort of draft or earthquake. We do not live in a earthquake area, and the local news did not report any type of earthquake. This was soon after they moved into the house after purchasing it when they were newlyweds. They had my brother 1-2 years after that and I was born 2 years after my brother.

So all of these experiences have been over a long period of time and I believe that the house was built in 1920s to the 1930s

I was never happier to move out of that house because I always felt like there was a negative energy in that house.

I will post other paranormal experiences that I have had in this house and other places also. I have found out that I have had psychic dreams and could this be why I seem to be more open to these experiences than my family? Could the sleepwalking be from these negative energies/presence?

Please comment and help me with figuring out the possibilities and your opinions on this please.

Other hauntings by Sellene

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Idaho

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Sellene, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Sellene (4 stories) (10 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-06-26)
The dreams have all been distant future, all very vivid, and only once one seemed to have been in the past. If you check out my story for the psychic stories (the sister sight. Http://www.psychic-experiences.com/real-psychic-story.php?story=10967) you can read it there. I have Cherokee heritage, german (back to the Grimm brothers even), and lots others mixed in.
WeScorchedTheSky (9 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-08-06)
When you say you have psychic dreams, do you mean you see the future? Or tell you where something is that someone's lost? I think you may be a spiritually sensitive person, and to be honest, there aren't a lot of those around. It might be to do with your heritage. My mothers side of the family has a lot of witchcraft history, and things like that open a spiritual channel in the descendants. I myself have had dreams about the future, but nothing major. I have also seen several different spiritual entities, both demons and angels. To be honest, there probably isn't any other kind. I also think your sleepwalking is related to the presence of the demon in your house.
Sellene (4 stories) (10 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-04-30)
We have no way any other animals could get into the house (like raccoons, and other bigger sized animals). The basement to the house did not have an entrance into the house, the only entrance to the basement was outside. The house was constructed very well and repairs were done by my father so there were never any ways to get into the house besides breaking through the doors or windows (which we always kept locked because we lived in a bad neighborhood-drug dealers/sex offenders).
Sellene (4 stories) (10 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-04-30)
The eyes were not the shape of a cat's eyes, too big and spaced apart too much for a cat. I also thought of that possibility with the cat and the eyes were more pointed than round like a cats' eyes.
Gossamer_Lights (9 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-04-30)
I've always wondered about the sleepwalking thing too. The only house I ever slept walked in was a the same house I came face to face with a shadow person in.
sheetal (6 stories) (771 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-04-25)
hi, sellene I also think that it might be eyes of your cat. But not sure. You should try to find out the history of your house. 😕
mamachong (11 stories) (228 posts)
+2
10 years ago (2014-04-25)
Sellene,
You said the dog was to big to fit under the bed, so that eliminates the dog. Would it be possible the cat snuck into the house and got under the bed? Sometimes a animals eyes will reflect in the dark and their eyes would appear to be red. I've seen it myself with my own animals. Would it be possible some other animal got in your house?
Nectarvore (1 stories) (226 posts)
+3
10 years ago (2014-04-24)
Yeah childhood homes full of scary unsettled spirits are the worst...hahaha...funny thing is that it's usually one person who is more tuned in than everyone else put together. It's important to consider the land itself that the house was built on. Even if the dwelling itself holds no explanation for a haunting. Also objects can have a spirit or an energy attached. The star is interesting. And no, I don't think that it was a demon, my feeling is just a malevolent intelligent haunting. By intelligent I mean, not residual, it seemed to have a will of its own if it was moving objects and manifesting itself to you.
Sellene (4 stories) (10 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-04-23)
I don't know the history of the house before my parents bought it. But it was in a bad neighborhood and I guess before my parent's bought the house the neighbors would sneak into the house from the basement and use it as a sort of hang out and trash the place. There was a trap-door in the master bedroom's closet that my parents ended up sealing shut.

However, we do live next to a Native American reservations so who knows before our area was more settled what has happened. The valley I live in was the first capital settled for my state and I can imagine that there was violence with the Native Americans and settlers. But the actual house's history I believe that there is about 20-40 years of unknown history.

I do remember that after this experience, my parents did make my brother clean his room and things that were under his bed were: dirty clothes, papers and trash, no toys (those were in his closet, thrown haphazardly about, and not much clothes in the closet actually).
lady-glow (16 stories) (3154 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-04-22)
Sellene: welcome to YGS.
I wish your parents had gone with you to check what was under your brother's bed; perhaps it was a toy somehow reflecting a light and you mistook it for a pair of glowing eyes. 😐

Do you know anything about the history of the house that could be a reason for paranormal activity? Something like a death on the premises or a violent event?

I'm looking forwards to read more of your experiences in that house.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: