You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Noises In The House

Real Ghost Stories

Noises In The House

 

This happened a few years ago, not to me, but to my mum. She is convinced that something was with her. It was a while a go when I was a few years into high school, I'm now 18 (but please don't think I'm an immature teenager making up a story) so it was a good 4 or 5 years ago.

Firstly, my mum always says that she thinks she has a bit of a sixth sense that comes to her through dreams. She dreams about people she doesn't know, giving her messages for her friends. When she goes to her friends, they always say that a dead relative of theirs who died recently used to say those things to them while they were alive. Although she has never had an upfront situation with a ghost as such, we both believe strongly and I do believe that she has a bit of an intuition.

One thing that my mum and dad have told me was from when I was very young, I think about 2 or 3, when they tried to put me to bed I used to complain about an old woman in a rocking chair keeping me awake and watching me. I don't remember that as obviously I was quite young, but I do find it strange. Anyway, this happened in the house I grew up in.

At one point in my life, when I had really bad teenage hormones and my periods had just properly started, I was having a bit of grief with my dad as him and my mum were separated, and things were a bit up in the air. Nothing had ever happened before, but my mum used to lie in bed and hear things. One night it sounded as if someone was rolling marbles along the wooden floor. I was asleep and we were the only ones in the house.

Another night she would hear guitar strings being played, again, no one else in the house. One night, again when she was alone, she was startled awake, and felt someone sit on the bed next to her. They said or did nothing, but after a while the weight shifted, and she felt at ease again.

Her and her partner were asleep one night, my mum again was woken up for no reason, she felt someone there, but heard or felt nothing, just a presence. And Simon (her partner) said to her the next day, "It was nice when you were stroking my face in the night, but you woke me up at 3 in the morning!" This was the exact time which she had been awake and felt something there.

My bedroom was directly next to my mum's as it was only a small house, and she used to make me get off my laptop at a certain time as I would have sat up all night! She was in bed alone one night and could hear typing, so she shouted at me to get off the laptop, but it didn't stop. She went into my room and I was fast asleep, and the laptop was stone cold, so I couldn't have been on it and pretended to be asleep.

This next situation may seem a bit hard to believe and usually, I would say, yes, it was the wind. But, the door from our stairs into the front room stuck like mad. If you wanted to open it you would really have to push yourself into it or it wouldn't open. My mum went into the kitchen one night when she was alone and I was at my nan's, came in and the door was wide open. It was winter, so no windows open, and as I say, I know that wind couldn't have pushed it open.

She never told me about this, but she did tell someone she worked with. He suggested that sometimes, some spirits can be attached to girls with bad hormones or who are having a bit of a bad time. I don't know how true this is and as I say, nothing ever happened to me, but when she worked it out these goings on only ever happened when I was due a period (apologies for the period talk!), when I wasn't nothing ever happened.

He also suggested talking to whatever it was to put her mind at ease. She came home from work one day when I wasn't there, stood at the top of the stairs and said, "I don't know who you are or what you want. I am more than happy to share my home with you, but I won't let you scare me" and nothing ever happened again.

As I say, this didn't happen to me and my mum wouldn't make it up to scare me because, well that's cruel! I don't know if what her friend told her was true, I never felt it myself so I can't say that I felt someone was with me, but I do believe her.

I just wanted to share this and see if anyone with a bit more knowledge to see if they could shine a bit of light onto it for me?

Thanks and I will be happy to answer any questions if anyone needs to know anything:)

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, GeeB1234, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

JeunaBella (3 stories) (58 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-05-10)
I agreed with allesgute154. I have read on certain sites that menstruation period could attract a number of spirits cause of the 'blood' but I am not sure how to explain it. Associating with negative feeling and emotion i.e sadness and anger could attract spirits too because 'they' like the negative vibes. Stay positive and take care. And you should seek medical help if you are still having the hormones problem because from the way you posted it, I think you are very uncomfortable with it. I know it changes your mood too so seeing a medical expertise might be an option.
GeeB1234 (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-05-10)
Thanks allesgute154, I did look it up at the time and didn't find much about it, so it's nice to hear from someone else, thanks! 😁
allesgute154 (3 stories) (254 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-04-24)
A woman's periods do apparently attract spirits; at least that's the belief here in India. When I was a teenager, I remember I had gone out on a trip to a hill station (Matheran) and it was sort of an adventure group. Sadly, I was chumming (slang for periods) at that time. My group had planned to visit the graveyards there at night. My mom forbade me from going there at all. She later told me about the 'period' connection. Hope this helps:)
GeeB1234 (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-04-23)
That makes it feel a whole lot nicer! Thanks for the comment:)
notjustme (19 stories) (852 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-04-23)
geeb1234 - thank you for your story. It sounds like either a relative or a residential spirit to me. Possibly even 2. I feel the one who goes on the bed and touches the faces is a relative, and the other is a child. Who is curious of your laptop and likes to roll his marbles 😊. Just my guesses. At least they stopped when asked. Take care!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: