You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Old Hags / Night Attacks / Sleep Paralysis :: Harassed by an Evil Entity

Real Ghost Stories

Harassed by an Evil Entity

 

Last night I was up late, I didn't get to bed until about 1 in the morning. I was lying in bed and thinking to myself a lot about life and I heard an unfamiliar voice in my head but dismissed it to being so tired and thinking so much. This voice as I recall, came along with a fluttering noise and seemed to be copying everything I was thinking.

After a few more minutes, about 1:15, I started to dose off. I had my eyes closed and saw an image of a bald evil looking monk in a brown robe, and it startled me awake, this was about 1:45. I knew I was completely awake but couldn't move at all. It seemed like the entire room was filled with a loud hum or rumble, my ears were ringing, and I heard something that sounded like some "thing" screeching, it was pitch black and my entire body got extremely hot.

I tried with all my might to move my hand to my necklace of the Saint Mary, and when I finally reached it, I started reciting the lord's prayer over and over in my head, and after a few minutes the noise went away and I felt the pressure release from my body. I sat up and my entire body was tingling. I got up immediately and went to my mom's room because I was so freaked out.

I was sleeping in my parents' room and it was about an hour and a half later, I once again woke up startled, and I know I was wide awake but once again, I could not move. I thought "Why are you doing this to me? STOP!" and after a few seconds, the sound went away and I could move, but once again felt the tingle all over my body. I tried to go back to sleep but every time I was just about to dose off and my eyes would close, I saw a flash of a scary image that would startle me awake, and I didn't get any sleep after that.

I'm kind of afraid to see how tonight goes, hopefully it is better and I can sleep undisturbed, I will be back and comment on how it goes. Thanks for your interest. Sleep Well. Just for reference, my sleepless night was early morning September 19th.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Iowa

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, jmj1987, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

illusionation (3 stories) (35 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-20)
this sounds like sleep paralysis, I know a lot of people that are unfamiliar with it, first hand anyway, like to dismiss things away with it, but truly it sounds like it.
Ive had it several times... I was half asleep, when for some reason, I was startled awake, and I just could not move. My eyes would open half way and I just found myself staring at the wall. The worst part, was I heard this buzzing sound, more like the sound of a thousand birds flapping their wings around me, and I swear I heard something move behind me which scared me so badly... Then I heard this high pitched scream type sound...

Then I fell asleep instantly for some reason.

Ive taken many psychology courses so I knew exactly what was going on, but it was still terrifying.

Your brain wakes up before your body, so your conscious but have no physical control, so your mind instantly goes into the flight or fight mode, telling you BE AFRAID somethings wrong! So we react accordingly, but really there's nothing to be afraid of.
JPing (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-21)
White, please. Email away. I think I put my email address on my profile. If not I'll do so now.
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-21)
Hello again, JPing.
Excuse me again, please, jmj1987.
I felt that I needed to clearify for BOTH of you, as it fell so flat. Say, would you mind an e-mail from with with a thought pattern that I am interested in seeing if you are following from a seperate story?
JPing (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-21)
No need to apologise. It's not your fault if I failed to appreciate your humour.
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-20)
Yeeeah, THAT is why I said "Just trying to razz you a bit..." I was going for the humor factor. Sorry it fell flat. I saw the capital letters also.

I do not text, so I do not put in the lol's and the lmao or roflmao crud. It is too confusing for me.
I do the wink = ๐Ÿ˜‰
Sorry all that was misunderstood.
JPing (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-20)
Oh I see. I didn't realise your question was actually relevant to the disscussion. I just read it as if it were completely out of the blue. ๐Ÿ˜†

I suppose now you can see why I thought it was so funny. ๐Ÿ˜

White, I won't go into the validity over whether or not blessing water actually does anything. That's a matter of faith, not science. I am fairly positive however that the chemical make-up of H2O and blessed H2O is pretty much roughly the exact same down to the neutron. ๐Ÿ˜
misfitsdoll (6 stories) (18 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-20)
lol it was just a question guys come on lol ๐Ÿ˜œ If you look below my question PrincessKatie says in capitals DO NOT DRINK IT and I was a little confused as to why she says this as when I was little I did indeedy drink holy water from church as some naughty kids do, but hayho! At least I put I smile on your faces ๐Ÿ˜†

Love Misfitsdoll โค
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-20)
You really think so, JPing? Do you NOT think that the magic sprinkled on top lends it a bit of an irregularity that makes it a bit more than ordinary H2O? ๐Ÿ˜‰
I just think there MAY be a simplicity to the question that is not written, and I tend to try to over analyze things a bit. (No, really?!) Just trying to razz you a bit.
Peace and Thank you.
JPing (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-20)
Misfit, mate, that is the funniest question I have ever read on this site. ๐Ÿ˜†

The answer is: there is no reason why a person couldn't physically drink holy water. It's just regular H2O after all. With a bit of magic sprinkled on top of course. ๐Ÿ˜‰
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-20)
Uh, misfitsdoll?
Just curious, WHY would you WANT to drink Holy water? It is a sacred and pure thing. To ingest it into an impure body would be to destroy it.
That is not my full opinion on the question that you just posted, but I think there is a little less to the question that I am reading into it.
Again, WHY would you WANT to drink Holy water?
Autumn
misfitsdoll (6 stories) (18 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-20)
heya! Sorry I know this is not really about the story but just out of curiosity why can't people drink Holy Water?

Cheers!
Penny (misfitsdoll)
PrincessKatie (7 stories) (420 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-09-28)
Hi jmj1987 yes You should print this of and show your parents. I would be scared of showing my parents because they don't believe me. I would get a ghost hunter or something to help me If I was you. I haven't had nothing like this happen to me. I know something evil can stop you from moving and they can scream at you. Even stop you from breathing as well.
I would take sleeping pills If I was you because nothing can wake you and you just fall asleep straight away. Just don't concentrate on it concentrate on your sleeping that what I do. It does sound scary
sorry to hear that your experiencing something frightening. You could go and talk to a priest. You can also fill half a glass up of holy water and put it at the side of your bed. DON'T DRINK IT. I don't know if it has to be on a full moon though. Someone told me to put salt on the walls which get rid of spirits and that. You could get some host hunters in and they can check it out. I see kind ghosts I have never ever experienced something like this before. The only bad thing I experience is my bad dreams come true and my nightmares I used to have after my granddad died he haunted me for 5 years ever since the age of 7 years old which was so horrible for me. Thanks for sharing your story with us. ๐Ÿ˜
marcikys (2 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-09-27)
i have never had anything like that happen to me. I like reading this stuff. But I don't know if its real or not. Most scariest thing that's happened to me. I was in the bed room and I thought my boyfriend had come home. Because I heard footsteps in the frontroom. Which is right next to the bedroom I was in. I waited for him to come in there. Even the dogs started barking. I was sure he was home. When he never come in the room. I got up to go see who was there. It wasn't anyone? I don't know. I mean maybe it was my imagination. I thought I heard. I think that's happened twice here. I did have one other experience. But that was several years ago. Every one says it was my gaudian angel. Hope you get some sleep or figure out what's going on. Maybe try reading a book. Something to get your mind off it. So when you fall asleep you arent thinking about seeing anything wondering if its going to happen again. Good luck-- marci
skeptical81 (2 stories) (28 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-09-26)
A close friend of mine has had many expiriences where she's been over powered by an entity... It must be really frightening.
tricia889 (4 stories) (23 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-09-25)
I too experience paralysis when I dose off, I can see everything but cannot move my limbs, I feel tingly and panicky, I've never seen a face, but I did some research in astral projection, and the sleep faze before you seperate from your body to go to the astral plane (where you dream) is described with a bodily feeling like you described. Anyhow that's just a possible scenario, your body was asleep but your mind was still awake, as for the face, I hope it's nothing vehement.
sarahk (1 stories) (10 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-09-23)
hello jm

im sorry to hear of your scary encounter myself and my fiance have had to move out of our home due to a presence just recently it was writing on our wall if anyone reads this comment and has a similar encounter please feel free to contact me hope you get sorted with your problem my heart goes out to you. Sarah
Zagrebacki_Lovac (18 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-09-22)
This was really freaky but remember god is mightier than any being in the world so just pray every night before sleep and if it apears again best of luck to you
ghosthost (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-09-22)
Hey jm, I hate to hear that your going through this type of attack. I've been through two of them. Exploring this web site has answered a lot of my thoughts on the subject that we both have encountered. Just know that there are countless others that has dealt with the same issue. Your definitely on the right track to make it stop. God is the only answer. If it happens again I suggest saying or "thinking" "I REBUKE YOU IN THE NAME OF JESUS CHRIST". There is no entity greater than he. If you would like to read one of my experiences it's titled (It came as a familiar). Just click on to my user name and it will take where you need to go. I also wrote my second account yesterday that I hope that will be published. NOTE TO MARTIN IF YOUR READING THIS: Sorry about having to submit twice. I had just finished the "rough" when my computer started shutting down on me so I hit "publish". Please scrap the first submission and send out the second using the original title. Thanks! Take care and keep us posted jm.
Abby (710 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-09-22)
Dear jmj1987,

I would take your story and show it to your parents. I wish for you to trust them enough to help you and to help you get over your fears so you can face whatever presence that confronts you.--Abby

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: