You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Demon In The Dark

Real Ghost Stories

Demon In The Dark

 

I have shared my story many times, some people believe me, but many just feel its a great scary story. This is by far my first paranormal experience but this is the one that still scares me to this day. Forgive me if it sounds long winded but I feel that the details helps understanding.

I had just left my boyfriend! He decided one day to try and choke me up against a wall in our apartment. I managed to hit him along side of his head with a cordless phone to get away and after the police took him to jail, I packed my things and called my best friend.

My best friend just got married and wanted to move his wife to Arizona. I figured I could use a trip away so packed a few of my items (stored the rest with my mom) and told my friend I would move him to AZ, stay a little while myself, then go back home to Michigan.

The trip was great. We got to the apartment my friend (let's call him Chad for identity purposes) was going to share with a couple of his old college buddies. I was offered the couch as I was only planning to stay a week at most. Two days into being there though I became extremely ill (we will eventually find out that I had gal bladder problems) and I was forced to stay in AZ for several months, unable to move, constantly throwing up, and attending doctors appointments.

Somehow (must have been the grace of God) I met a guy during one of my feel good days. He took care of me, I stayed at his house when he wasn't on base (military man). There were a few nights and days I stayed at Chad's apartment, though I never felt welcome by one of the roommates. He would yell at me for not cooking or cleaning though clearly I was too sick to even leave the couch, or was in so much pain I was crying. He was the reason my boyfriend would pick me up after his shift at 3:00 AM to sleep at his place.

The night a day or two before I was going in for surgery, I was waiting for my boyfriend and decided to stay up and watch TV. I started to get a creepy feeling from something and I couldn't help but turn my direction towards the door and saw a small shadow. It's really hard to explain the layout of the apartment but there is no way a shadow could be cast on the door in the area the shadow I saw was in. I decided to watch the shadow, it seemed to grow bigger and then it started to slither towards where I was laying on the couch. The thing was black and had no distinguishing features besides I saw clawed hands and feet and the head, which had dull sockets where eyes should be. I looked right at me and told me to GET OUT! I felt that if I didn't, this thing would do everything it could to harm me. I have no clue what came over me but I said NO! Then instantly called my boyfriend and told him that I will be staying where I am that night.

The next day I asked Chad to take a walk with me. It took me several attempts to get out about what I saw. I was afraid that he would laugh at me, but he didn't. He told me that he saw the same thing and that it was attached to the roommate that was hostile towards me, that what I now feel was a demon, was threatened by me and caused the roommate to be mean.

That day while the roommate was out, the four of us (left in the house) blessed the whole apartment, anointing the doors and windows and putting a blessed cloth under the roommate's pillow. When he came home you could see a slight struggle of him almost debating to enter the house, but once he came in you could see a difference in him immediately. I stayed that night at the apartment and I saw through one of the windows the demon latched on the window starting at me angry.

I didn't stay in AZ much longer than that but years down the road the roommate apologized to me and he too admitted that he felt as if something evil had attached itself to him.

I am sorry again for how long winded this is. I just don't want to feel alone on such a scary part of my life. If anyone tells me there house has a demon in it, I avoid it at all costs, though I'm ok with ghosts. Demons are something I don't know I can face again.

Other hauntings by Jazolinlea

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Arizona

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Jazolinlea, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Chookie (2 stories) (16 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-08-30)
Wow, that's something, I am glad you stood up to it, that was very brave of you.
elnoraemily (guest)
 
10 years ago (2014-07-10)
I hope you are in a much safer and happier place than your past!

Best wishes to you
SHERLOCK-STARK2001 (1 stories) (8 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-06-24)
Hi Jazolinlea, that was the height of haunting. But you had the power to oppose it. I am glad that from that moment your Will has grown stronger! God bless you!
Jazolinlea (5 stories) (22 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-04-29)
haha thanks Rigorem-

I don't let this experience effect my life, it was another way to grow stronger in how I handle things (including spirits). I can tell you it was not strong enough to do much, at that time though neither was I, but I was sure ready to face off with the darn thing. I would like to say the household won too. I remember how my gut feeling felt though right before, and during its presence, when I get that feeling now my senses heighten waiting for something to show up.
Rigorem (2 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-04-29)
Sounds like a low lvl entity to me. With just enough power to try to show himself of as a massive threat.

Best is just to ignore and move on with your life. However kudos to you for standing up to it!

// Rigorem
Jazolinlea (5 stories) (22 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-04-28)
I can for sure tell you that this was not just a negative energy, I have had my fair share of experiences with those (stories to come) this creature was planning to harm me but I feel my faith helped prevent me from being harmed. Hence why instead of running for the hills I stood my ground and said no I'm not leaving but I'm sure going to make you leave. I mean I guess I will never know for sure (I don't want to discount possibilities) but this creature was foul through and through.
lady-glow (16 stories) (3154 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-04-28)
rookdygin: I have been wondering the same! 😲

PaigeTheGymast: how old were you the first time facing a demon and how did you fight it? Did you use a baby bottle and a pacifier? 😉
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+3
10 years ago (2014-04-27)
Oh...besides that I am curious as to how many 'face to face' encounters with demons a 14 year old has had... No disrespect meant... Simply curious.

Respectfully,

Rook
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-04-27)
Paige,

Would you care to share any of these 'face to face' experiences? I understand your trying to help people, we all are, but knowing something about your personal experiences would help people understand the help you can offer. Thanks in advance.

Respectfully,

Rook
PaigeTheGymast (16 posts)
-1
10 years ago (2014-04-27)
Although this shadow sounds scary it may not have been a demon. For all I know it might have been but at the same time all of the demons that I have come face to face with have made extreme attempts to hurt me. Maybe this thing felt threatened to you like you mentioned and was just trying to get you to get out. I do feel though that if the shadow ghost was truly a demon then it would probably have tried to injure you or worse but I do believe that you saw something that truly scared you that night.
Jazolinlea (5 stories) (22 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-04-26)
I really only mentioned the first ex because it just seemed so much negativity followed me to this AZ experience and possibly was the start of me learning to stand up for myself even with the spirit/demon. I have seen many spirits in my life and before this was, I was to terrified to say anything!
Triskaideka (2 stories) (388 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-04-26)
I, too, find the violence your ex inflicted upon you more scary than the idea of a demon causing a friend's roommate to be mean. How wonderful it is that you had such a good boyfriend and good friends to help you through, and that you have the strength to stand up for yourself despite being so sick. I'm glad you found someone loving later on in life, and that your friend's roommate is also feeling/acting better. Thank you for sharing your story!
allesgute154 (3 stories) (254 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-04-26)
Wow Jazolinlea, it was so brave of you to stand up against the violence meted out to you. Much respect. I think you were lucky to have escaped unhurt from this demonic encounter because you were vulnerable with your illness and all. By God's grace you had a loving companion and friends who protected you from that evil being. God bless you.
Jazolinlea (5 stories) (22 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-04-26)
I agree that hitch hikers/piggy backers exist but I am unsure that's the case in this scenario. I really don't know though. I will say through the valance I feel my boy friend at the time was my guardian! Being in the military helped me get surgery faster, he protected me from the roommate among other things. The whole situation was a battle of good and evil. Also, be relieved I am married to an amazing man no more violence (no not military dude though we are good friends). 😁
Nectarvore (1 stories) (226 posts)
+2
10 years ago (2014-04-25)
Wow chicky, the violence in your story disturbs me more than the paranormal element. Hope you've rallied against and risen above. Some people with deep anger issues are definitely a bit of a portal for lower astral energy. Hitch hikers... Piggy backers. They latch on to people with surplus negativity, it seems. Dunno if that makes it a demon. Demons, if they exist at all, have a will and intelligence of their own...it's possible this thing is just a garden variety spook that was attracted to the guys negativity... Got all charged up and strong enough to physically manifest itself to you. Just a thought.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: