You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Sad Hotel Spirit

Real Ghost Stories

Sad Hotel Spirit

 

This story took place in 2011, in a hotel room in Mui Ne, Vietnam. My then fiance and I, plus 7 others, went on a 3 days trip from central Vietnam all the way North until we reached Nha Trang. This trip was for our wedding photoshoot, as we wanted all real scenery.

My cousin (who owns the bridle studio), her husband and son, along with the camera crew of 3, all set off for this work/pleasure adventure. It was a very fun and exciting trip for us all indeed! We would stop at 2 hotels. First was in the city of Mui Ne, only 4 hours away from Ho Chi Minh City. Mui Ne is known for their beautiful red sand dunes, which we were also there to capture. Tourists can tour the dunes and little children would run up to us in hopes that we would rent one of their plastic sleds to slide down the dunes. Sounds fun if you are dressed properly, though getting sand in your pants is inevitable.

Night fell upon us, and after dinner we all decided we would hang out by the pool and have some drinks. We knew it wasn't going to be a late night, as we had planned to be up the next morning at 3:30 a.m for make up and hair. I know...3:30 A.M?!?! It was because the photographer had set up for us to take pictures on the sand dunes and capture the sun rise, and sun rise normally happens between 5 - 5:30; so by the time hair and make up is done, plus getting to the dunes which was another 20 minutes away, have breakfast, 3:30 AM Would have been idealistic.

The hotel looked fairly moderate, not too new, not too old. As you enter our room, the washroom is to your immediate left hand side and the wall on the right. As you pass the washroom, there is the bed on the left wall, in between nightstands on both sides. Across from the bed was a TV, a round table and 2 chairs. The ceiling had blue LED lights installed, so we left those on as a night light as it wasn't bright or annoying.

We settled into bed by midnight. As we both laid there, I started to get a feeling of dread and a little anxiety. I told my fiance that I wasn't feeling right and it wasn't from food or anything, but emotionally. Him, being not so much of a spirit/paranormal fan, just kind of mumbled, "Yea, you're just probably not used to the room." I like to think of myself as an empath and I can pick up energies of people and places very well. But when this happened, I didn't know it yet. I started to get really overwhelmed and a huge wave of sadness suddenly washed over me and before I knew it I started bawling my eyes out. I couldn't explain why I felt the way I felt, and nooo it's not from cold-feet:D

So, we actually ended up not sleeping and had to get up to have a cigarette on the balcony to calm me down. I couldn't wait for 3:30 to arrive so we didn't have to be alone any more in the room, and have more people with us. The next day we talked a little about it, and my fiance admitted he felt "off" too, but didn't want to scare me so he kept it to himself. He said when I started crying though, he knew something wasn't right for sure and scared him even more.

It's been 3 years since this happened, and I finally think I have an idea of what happened to that room. I'm guessing it was a woman spirit and something tragic happened to her there. She was watching us at night, that's how we felt her presence. I think it's a woman because I just feel that way and also maybe she knew I was a bride-to-me, it made her sad that she couldn't be? She didn't try to scare us, I only felt her sorrow. I just can't help but feel it was a suicide. I'm open to ideas, what do you think?

I don't remember the name of the hotel or what number room I stayed in, but if this happens again and if I'm not paralyzed with fear, I will pray for the spirit and hope that they can be sent into the light.

Other hauntings by notjustme

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, notjustme, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

honghiff (1 stories) (5 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-08-07)
Hi notjustme, I sent you an email a month ago. And love your stories!
notjustme (19 stories) (852 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-04-27)
and as for asking the hotel, no I did not. As we were only there for the night and we left as soon as we got the sand dune shots, I did not ask or even cross my mind to ask. Also, I doubt they would have told me anything either. A haunted hotel room in Vietnam is very common as many people experience things in them, the locals and hotels taff would probably not have told me the truth even if they knew it. In fear of losing their job or getting into trouble.
notjustme (19 stories) (852 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-04-27)
hi allesgute154 - thank you for reading my story. I understand what you mean, if this happened in Canada I would probably remember better. Since it was in Vietnam, it's different for me. Firstly, the layout of the hotel is sort of like a villa. There is a downstairs suite, and we got the upstairs. So, I do not actually recall seeing any numbers, I'm sure there was but I didn't see it. Also, vietnamese is not my language so I would not recall the hotel name and did not know it from the beginning. I travel there a lot and have stayed many places but I never remmeber the names of the places I stay. As for the encounter, since I do not really have proof that it was a spirit but because I am a believer and that's just what my instincts tells me. It was not exactly frightening for me either, I can only say I felt very sad out of nowhere. I didn't feel threathened or anything. I hope this helped answer some questions. Of course what happened that night I could never be 100% sure. It was definitely diiferent. I hope this helped answer some questions for you. Thanks again for your time.
allesgute154 (3 stories) (254 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-04-26)
Hi notjustme. That was an interesting experience. You say the event took place in 2011, so it's not too long ago. Not trying to discredit your experience here, but if something that scary happened to me, I would never forget any of the details associated with it - especially the name of the hotel and room number I stayed in. Did you try to talk to the hotel management about this and find out more?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: