You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: The Warm Presence

Real Ghost Stories

The Warm Presence

 

I was only thirteen and in eighth grade when this happened. I was going through a lot of depression, so one night I was crying. I was listening to sad music and I was freezing. I was crying about how no one cared at all about me and how I just hated my life but suddenly a warm presence surrounds my whole body. It felt like someone was right next to me and hugging me.

At first I was scared cause I didn't hear anyone come into my room but it kept coming back, getting more protective by the second and it started to feel safe to me. It felt like all my problems had just left and like it was protecting me from the hurt and pain I felt. The presence warmed up my whole body including my spirit. I started feeling good about myself and I felt cared for.

Sometimes in the day it would come but only in my room would I feel it. It was like that for a month then I had to go on vacation in Florida for two weeks and when I came back I jumped into my bed expecting the warmth but the bed was stone cold. I went to bed and was freezing again. That's when I knew the strange friend I had was gone. I'm sixteen and in tenth grade now and I have never felt the warm presence come back. Even though I'm in a better state of mind I still wish it would come back. No one that I knew or cared about had died so I have no idea what this was. I believe it could have been a spirit but I have no idea what kind and I searched everywhere for this kind of encounter but could find none. If anyone can help me it would be very appreciated.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from New Jersey

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, spidergirl16, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Jazolinlea (5 stories) (22 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-04-28)
Hi Spidergirl16,

I have had the same experience, one of my friends actually witnessed it once, I believe the warmth could haven been a guardian angel letting you know you are loved, and you have a purpose to being here. Once you were in a better state of mind the guardian backed off, though never truly gone I am sure they know you are ok on our own. This guardian could have been a distant relative, old family friend?! I really don't know, but know that someone is looking out for you and that people do love you, though sometimes it does not always feel like it.
Griff84 (5 stories) (289 posts)
+2
10 years ago (2014-04-28)
Hi spidergirl16, welcome to YGS.

I think, whoever this warm spirit was, it was there for you in your hour of need. I don't know who it was, but it seems like when you were at your lowest point, it did enough to pull you back and help you. Like you said, you have improved now, so its almost like its work is done.

Its nice for you to know that when you get down, like we all do, there is someone there looking out for you. Also, I don't think you really want it to be there all the time, because that would make it less special to you.

Thanks for posting 😊
Femaelstrom (1 stories) (56 posts)
+2
10 years ago (2014-04-27)
You had a visit from what some might refer to as a 'guardian angel'. Whatever it was, it was from God, and it was at a time you desperately needed reassurance.

Just remember that experience when life looks bleak. You ARE loved, and blessed to receive such a visit!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: