You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Old Hags / Night Attacks / Sleep Paralysis :: Rest And Relaxation

Real Ghost Stories

Rest And Relaxation

 

It was the year 2001 and I was living with my aunt in Minneapolis, MN. The house was a two story home over 100 years old. My uncle was a musician and had very big speakers in his living room. To deaden the sound from the living room he placed a door to the upstairs area. I have always been sensitive to paranormal activities and have had many experiences throughout my lifetime. I have seen spirits and dark shadows. I have been in a sleep like state and have heard voices speak in my ear. Those were all pretty terrifying. However, this was the worst experience I have ever been through.

I was taking a nap in my room. This is also the same room where I killed a bat that was flying around aimlessly one night! That is totally another story though. The lights were on and the time was around 8 pm. I can hear loud music from the living room. That's what probably awakened me from my nap.

So I'm lying on my side staring at the wall. I was contemplating on whether laying for a few more minutes or joining the family downstairs. Within a few minutes I feel something walk on my bed behind my back. I can actually feel the impressions on the bed with each step. At this moment I was in total shock because I knew nobody was in the room with me. Somehow, even though I was both frightened and paralyzed I was able to count the steps. I could feel that about four steps were taken from my feet to my head. Then another four steps were taken back down to my feet. I couldn't believe that this was actually occurring while I was dead awake with full consciousness!

Soon as the steps on the bed stopped I hear a low very strange sounding grunting. I then decided to flip over onto my back and yell an expletive at this spirit. Since my uncle had the music very loud nobody can hear me yelling. I didn't know what else to do but run for the door. The lights were all off outside of my room so I ran into the next closest room which was the bathroom. In the bathroom I'm thinking to myself did that really happen? Trying to gather my thoughts and at the same time just scared to death on what's outside the door. I now start hearing footsteps outside the door.

At this point I'm pretty much panicking. I kept telling myself get the hell out the bathroom and run downstairs to tell everybody. It took about ten minutes before building enough courage to open the door. Right before I opened the door I told myself do not look into my room since the lights were still on. In my head I thought if I looked into the room I would definitely see what was haunting me. When I went to open the door I remember even though it was a split second glance into the room it felt like an eternity. I'm so glad that there was nothing there to be seen.

Once I got downstairs everybody was in the kitchen. I called out to my family and told them what just happened. Everyone thought I was nuts. My uncle said it was impossible. He blamed a squirrel for the steps I felt on my bed. Clearly a squirrel would never be able walk on a bed and make it feel like a human. He was in denial I thought. My aunt however sided with me and said she has had dreams of female ghosts in the house. She believed a female spirit was smitten by me. To me, I believe it was a demon. From what I have read and seen on television demons can take physical form. I'm glad it didn't show itself to me though.

I don't know how I got the courage to sleep in that room again. Within a couple months I was out of that house for good! When I think of it to this day it still gives me the chills.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Minnesota

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, diggz507, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

elnoraemily (guest)
 
10 years ago (2014-07-11)
Ah, bats in the bedroom. That happened to me in my house as a child all the time (it was an old house). It was never fun. If you encounter that again, catch them and let them lose outside- bats are essential for keeping down bug populations. Just make sure you wear thick gloves before you attempt to grab it.

I don't think that this was demonic (no offense meant), but it was definitely unsettling.
Your uncle has a point- it could have been an animal, but if they did not own any pets, it would be a little odd to presume that a squirrel walked next to you.

However, if you know that it was not, then I would go with your aunt's version of the story. Being scared is normal, but this entity did not seem to want to do you any harm. You never know, if it was there, it might not know that you are there at all.
diggz507 (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-05-15)
At the time my aunt and uncle didn't own any pets. There was nobody else in the room. Maybe saying that it was a demon was not accurate. I know what I felt and the only explanation is it had to have been a spirit.
Jazolinlea (5 stories) (22 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-04-28)
I agree does your aunt or do you yourself own a cat or dog? They oddly do feel like a person walking on the bed covers. Also has a pet that either of you owned passed away? I have seen a spirit of a cat once (very odd to me but definitely happened. It could be possible that the growl you heard was residual from a former pet.
Though will not discount that you feel that this was a demon (people constantly try to explain away my one encounter with a demon), I will say it is possible it was not.
When we encounter something unknown everyone feels scared, confused and even violated (something you can't see is in your personal space).
If your Aunt still lives in the house, maybe (when you are ready) ask her if she has heard, seen, or felt something similar.
Good luck! 😁
Griff84 (5 stories) (289 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-04-28)
I agree with CuriousGuy, nothing that occurred makes me believe it was a demon. Do you own a cat or dog? Could that have been the source?

Also, did you kill a bat because it had the audacity to come in your room? I'm not sure what relevance that info has on your story either to be honest.

Have you experienced anything since?
CuriousGuy (2 stories) (47 posts)
+2
10 years ago (2014-04-27)
Just out of curiosity what is it that made you believe it was a demon? From what I have experienced it doesn't matter on the type of spirit it can still form enough to move objects or make impressions on a bed.

Peace
CuriousGuy

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: