You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Strange Whispers Continued

Real Ghost Stories

Strange Whispers Continued

 

I had submitted a story a few months ago about hearing phantom whispering in a friend's apartment. When I saw my friends again about 3 months later, I spoke with them about the incident and what exactly I heard that night. Surprisingly enough, my friends were not at all worried about what I had encountered. They simply replied "Oh, that's just Albert; he's been in our apartment since we moved in". They told me there is a priest-like figure who is only seen by my friend's husband, but this "being" appears and disappears (peripheral vision.)

According to them, the most Albert has done was throw a few things around the apartment, but no strange noises according to them. Upon speaking to my friends about their apartment, they claim their apartment used to be some kind of boarding house, built during the early 1900's for factory workers in town. While a majority of the people that stayed in the boarding house were factory workers, I still can't figure out as to why why my friend's husband sees a priest-like figure in the apartment. Is that a bad omen? If only factory workers have lived there, how are they seeing a ghost of a priest? There is an old abandoned church a minute away from where my friends live; can ghosts inhabit more than one place? My friends also believe Albert the priest has actually moved on, and what I heard was simply "echoes" or "footprints" of him being there. Is that even possible?

If anyone would like to share their thoughts or ideas, feel free to comment. As I've mentioned before, I'm somewhat sensitive to otherworldly beings, but I don't know a lot about ghosts.

Other hauntings by shakeandbake6

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Connecticut

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, shakeandbake6, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

notjustme (19 stories) (852 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-04-29)
shakenbake6 - haha that's the beauty of this sight. Most of us here are here to learn from others and broaden our knowledge or at least be open to new ideas. I, myself have learned much from reading many stories. Whatever we choose to take from the stories is up to us.
shakeandbake6 (2 stories) (3 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-04-28)
Thanks everyone for your helpful feedback! Everyone has such unique insight or experiences to add.
notjustme (19 stories) (852 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-04-28)
shakeandbake6 - To my personal beliefs, spirits can be in many places, or actually wherever theyc= can/are allowed to be. I mean by "can" be, is whatever that causes them to be where they choose to be must have some reason to be. I also think it is possible that once they have "crossed the light" if you will, they can still stay on earth as a earth-bound spirit to help those they love or finish what they were suppose to do in this lifetime.

I have read that even suicide victims, even though they have ended their life physically, they still have to stay earth-bound until they have finished helping the ones they were suppose to "touch" in this lifetime before they can on to the next chapter of existence. That was just an example to answer your question about Albert moving on but still here. Hope this helped. Again, this is all just my own beliefs ❤
valkricry (49 stories) (3268 posts) mod
+1
10 years ago (2014-04-28)
Hi Shakeandbake,
If your friends are right about the apartments having been a boarding house in the early 1900s for factory workers, the sighting of a priest there would not be that unusual. Especially being close to the church. Back then priests (and doctors too) made house calls and were more personable with their congregation. The reasons could range from being invited for a meal, just checking in on someone, to giving the last rights. Most factories had dangerous working conditions, along with sanitation in most places not being the best. So diseases like influenza were not uncommon. My guess is a priest would have had many occasions to visit the boarding house.
As far as "echoes", CuriousGuy gives a very apt explanation of residual haunting. These things don't interact with us but are only a moment caught in a loop.
CuriousGuy (2 stories) (47 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-04-27)
To answer some of your questions,

Yes spirits can inhabit other locations. They can be passing through or they may be attached to an item or person. Just because they pass away in one location doesn't mean their tied to that location.

As far as the "echoes" etc. That is possible. Think of it as a film or something. People can leave energy imprints in a location and like a film, when conditions are right, they will reinact what happened at that time. Like if someone was emotional about something at a given time they could leave an imprint in that location and from there on under the right conditions it would "replay" sortospeak what happened at that time.

Hope that helps

Peace
CuriousGuy

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: