You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Poltergeists / Physical Manifestations :: Sharing A Room With A Ghost?

Real Ghost Stories

Sharing A Room With A Ghost?

 

This happened during my second year in college. This may take a while so please bear with me. Four of us had to share a room and the room was quite spacious. For doing our laundry we used to buy common detergents and fabric softeners. About halfway through the term, one of my roomies proceeded to wash her clothes when she noticed that the fabric softener was empty, she asked me whether one of us had used it all up. I said it was impossible since we had cleaned the room the previous day and I had specifically noticed that the soap and softener bottles were more than half full. I thought I must have made a mistake and the incident was forgotten.

To proceed further with the story you need to know the layout of the room. There are 2 bunk beds along 2 walls and a table next to the bed along the longer wall. The other end of the room had a similar table and our bureaus. There is also a clothesline tied across the middle of the room.

We were sitting on the floor studying in the other side of the room from the beds when a quite thick and heavy mathematics book fell open face-down on the floor from the table near the bed. None of us had moved and there was no way we could have disturbed that table. Moreover the book was on the middle of the table, ruling out the possibility of slipping and falling down.

The following week had a repetition of the fabric softener incident. Then 1 day we were getting ready to go out when a peg fell from the clothesline. My friend put it back and no sooner had she turned than a different peg fell off. I picked it up and another 1 fell off. We were slightly unnerved.

Though four of us were from he same class we had different lab schedules. So 2 of us made it back to the room before the others and we pulled our mattresses to the floor and lying on our stomachs facing each other and talking. Three drops of water fell on the tile before us right in front of our faces. It was peak summer and there was no way it could have been seepage from the walls. Just to be sure we even pulled up a chair and examined the walls and ceiling thoroughly. They were all dry. We sort of panicked and left the room.

And for those of you who are wondering, yes, our fabric softener kept disappearing and we are the kind of people who lock our rooms anytime we go out and only we have the keys. The final incident took place at night when we pulled down all the mattresses to the floor it being hot. The hallway light was on and we spoke about the incidents and we got ready for bed. When my friend switched off the room light and came to bed we noticed she hadn't latched the door. It swung open a little allowing in an arc of corridor light and swung back. She got up grudgingly and went to lock it and when she reached up for the latch and found it already bolted. She gave a yelp and jumped into bed and we spent a sleepless night too scared to move.

Morning we mentioned these incidents to few more friends and 1 of them gave a funny comment saying maybe we were feeding the ghost with the fabric softener and we should stop using it. To humor her we stopped buying softener. We also started acknowledging a tangible presence in the room though it may have been our overworked brains imagining things. We even spoke to the air hoping we were addressing a spirit. At the same time one of my roomies contracted a fever. She had to go back home as she didn't show any sign of getting better. Once at home she casually mentioned the incidents to her parents and they panicked being slightly superstitious. They took her to a mosque and offered prayers and got a talisman and she got better and came back.

We didn't have anymore incidents after that. It may have been the talisman or the fact we stopped buying the softener. We weren't particularly scared but it left us with a doubtful mind about what we had experienced.

Other hauntings by Tharani

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from India

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Tharani, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

VivekThekote (1 stories) (105 posts)
 
7 years ago (2016-12-03)
Hi Spirit Fairy there is no need to purchase Talisman You can get it from Temples Mosques or Any Other Holy Places it is a God Locket where you can put in your neck. God Bless
VivekThekote (1 stories) (105 posts)
 
7 years ago (2016-12-03)
Hi Tharani it was a nice story also there are places which is haunted also Your Friend got a Holy Talisman which warded off the spirit as it contained Divine Power. God Bless You All.
elnoraemily (guest)
 
10 years ago (2014-07-11)
sprit-fairy-303, a talisman is just a charm that has significance.
It can be a personal artifact, a stone, a crystal or anything you personally believe has power.

I bought a friend of mine who believes in crystals bloodstones for strength and courage. That sort of thing.

They don't fit in with my beliefs, but others hold to them.
Swimsinfire (11 stories) (556 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-04-29)
You had a sort of smarty ghost there, what with the clothes pins and all. I'm glad your friend got better. Thankyou for the story.
Beppy07 (2 stories) (4 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-04-29)
Do you know any history within the dorm room you and your roommates are staying at?
sprit-fairy-303 (6 posts)
-1
10 years ago (2014-04-29)
where can you buy talisman
And how much do they cost
Also can a sprit move from one house to another though aitr

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: